As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ITT Zen is so [chat]tin' hungover

• Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    It's crappy because there's plenty of transference to Rock Band, but none from. My roommate started on Expert, but when I get to Expert I'm not going to be able to play his guitar.

I often hear guitarists complaining that some songs in guitar hero are actually harder to play in the game than they are in reality.

Also, yeah, I couldn't drum my way out of a wet paper bag.

I know people who can't play GH for shit but play an awesome Raining Blood.

My friend who goes on a guitar forum says a lot of guitarists there hate GH because they aren't great at it and hate the fact how a lot of people they know at school and such think GH skill is actually compareable to playing actual guitar.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    on the one hand I want to talk to my creationist friends about the double think that must happen on a fairly regular basis when pretty everyday scientific evidence (vestigal organs, evidence of evolution in species today, etc) but on the other hand I don't want to offend them or endanger our friendship.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I wish there was transference between video games and real life. I'd totally be my WoW character.
    WoWScrnShot_031708_132646.jpg

That's right! A midget with a beard, two swords and a pirate hat.

Tav on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So you'd still be a fat, unattractive loser then Tav?

:P

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    With a pirate hat!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    So you'd still be a fat, unattractive loser then Tav?

:P

Yeah, but I'd have swords to deal with people like you.

Tav on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    hey [chat]

on the subject of music, I can now play the world's worst cover of wild horses by the Stones. It's getting better though.

also, I really wanted to get into the DNA debate, but now it's a joke thread, so that sucks.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I still don't miss WoW

I am enjoying Ikariam though

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I still don't miss WoW

wow

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    hello [chat]

looking for jobs across the country is sux++

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    wiiild wiiiild horses

couldnt drag me awayyyyyy
    :whistle:

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    on the one hand I want to talk to my creationist friends about the double think that must happen on a fairly regular basis when pretty everyday scientific evidence (vestigal organs, evidence of evolution in species today, etc) but on the other hand I don't want to offend them or endanger our friendship.
    Usually it's not particularly worth it unless they press the issue. It's all well and good to explain yourself and exchange ideas and hopefully make a good case for "no that seems really silly", but bringing it up just to yell at them is dickish.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    hey [chat]

on the subject of music, I can now play the world's worst cover of wild horses by the Stones. It's getting better though.

also, I really wanted to get into the DNA debate, but now it's a joke thread, so that sucks.

We should get together. I can sing the worlds worst cover of Wild Horses.

Edit: Now in duet with Gooey!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Haphazard wrote: »
    hey [chat]

We should get together. I can sing the worlds worst cover of Wild Horses.

awesome

than can play bass

edit: the problem is that they use B minor, but I hate that chord. It doesn't switch well with G, D, or Am, and it's a pain in the ass, with no good shortcut like G to C. I started using C instead of Bm and that seems to work well enough for acoustic, but I'm sure electric would suck more.

Also, my solo is not as good as Keith Richard's solo.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    jotatejotate Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    jotate wrote: »
    When I told someone that there was barely any transference between guitar hero and a real guitar they gave me a look like I had just dashed all their hopes and dreams upon the brutal rocks of reality.
    Thus, they became drummers!
    Hey, fuck you.
    What do you do with a musician who can't play?
    Give him two sticks and make him a drummer.

You note-players can suck it. Idolizing a bunch of jazz musicians who couldn't keep a beat so they just said "Fuck it, I'm just going to play a bunch of random shit on top of whatever the drummer's laying down."

Zombie Pokemon battle. I choose you, Zombie Buddy Rich!

jotate on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

I call the unnatural, high-pitched, screeching soprano! You can be the forced, raspy, muddy bass. :^:

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Gooey wrote: »

I call the unnatural, high-pitched, screeching soprano! You can be the forced, raspy, muddy bass. :^:

Perfect!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    When I told someone that there was barely any transference between guitar hero and a real guitar they gave me a look like I had just dashed all their hopes and dreams upon the brutal rocks of reality.
    Hey, fuck you.

You note-players can suck it. Idolizing a bunch of jazz musicians who couldn't keep a beat so they just said "Fuck it, I'm just going to play a bunch of random shit on top of whatever the drummer's laying down."

I'd tell you to suck on my penis but you'd probably enjoy it when I shower your face in semen

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I'd tell you to suck on my penis but you'd probably enjoy it when I shower your face in semen

Would that really be a problem?

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hey, fuck you.

No offense Jotate, but the stupidest people in band were inevitably drummers.

I mean, that's not to say that there weren't smart drummers, too, but if I were to make a list of the five stupidest people in the band, inevitably four of them would be drummers, and they would without a doubt make up the entirety of the top three.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I'm not one for celebrity news, but something struck me as odd: Why the hell does Heather Mills need 50 million dollars?

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Zen wanted in on the action Eddy

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

Would that really be a problem?

Whoops I was actually thinking about myself

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Hey, fuck you.

I mean, that's not to say that there weren't smart drummers, too, but if I were to make a list of the five stupidest people in the band, inevitably four of them would be drummers, and they would without a doubt make up the entirety of the top three.

I think a lot of people who are in bands are stupid, not because they are in a band but because they are stupid. :P

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

I think a lot of people who are in bands are stupid, not because they are in a band but because they are stupid. :P
    I do not disagree with this, Sabs, however, the people who I was always shocked to discover somehow managed to figure out how to put on pants in the morning were inevitably drummers.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Than are you talking about 'band' as in middleschool/highschool band class? Because as far as middleschool went you're right...

not sure about highschool though, I was only in the jazz band and stupidity (and hotness) was evenly spread through the sections. Except the trombones, they were all smart jews.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    To be fair I only actually know one drummer in real life and he is planning on going to law school.

However my friend tells me of plenty of stupid drummers he has met so I guess it evens out.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I know a few drummers, but they all... kinda evolved. :P

Haphazard on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Gooey wrote: »
    I'm not one for celebrity news, but something struck me as odd: Why the hell does Heather Mills need 50 million dollars?

Because apparently sleeping with Paul McCartney is now worth 50 million dollars he must be terrible in bed. I heard the judge said she was worth 50 mil a leg, but alas...

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    larsnjames.jpg

Tav on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

?
    caveman.jpg

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    pretend I linked to that awful show about the cavemen

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    that picture is disturbing

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Hah, no, Sabs. They picked up some other instruments (guitars, keyboards, ....).

Haphazard on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    so the cat (Benzene, one of two here) has had his head between my bewbs all morning

someone likes them, at least :3

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    larsnjames.jpg
    Fire bad!

Thanatos on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

What did the drummer get on his IQ test?
    Drool.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

?
    caveman.jpg

That looks kinda like John Travolta.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008

What did the drummer get on his IQ test?
    Drool.

I don't get it.

"Drool" isn't a possible outcome of an IQ test.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hey Irene, should I learn cello or double bass when I feel like switching up to something more acoustic from my bass guitar.

Inquisitor on
This discussion has been closed.