Options

Ikariam: Go to the new thread, don't post here.

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Darian wrote: »
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Also, on an unrelated note: applied to PArc.

Your app is recieved, but unfortunately we have no open slots at the moment; I'll save it for now.

We were expecting more slots today, but have hit a snag.... our glorious leader has unfortunately gone heavily into trade ship debt (he now owes 244 trade ships to his creditors before they will let him send any goods again). Once this little problem is cleared up (I think Kalkino is working on locating said creditors and knocking some sense into them), then he'll have his next colony and the slots should open back up.

On the other hand, perhaps it is time for SPAX to start up, allowing more communication and coordination among our southern brethren.

Well, I got Sol Haven constructed, but I'm down to -244 ships again, so I can't send myself the goods necessary to quickly upgrade the town. I think I'll sleep on it and see what I can do in the morning.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Also, on an unrelated note: applied to PArc.

Your app is recieved, but unfortunately we have no open slots at the moment; I'll save it for now.

We were expecting more slots today, but have hit a snag.... our glorious leader has unfortunately gone heavily into trade ship debt (he now owes 244 trade ships to his creditors before they will let him send any goods again). Once this little problem is cleared up (I think Kalkino is working on locating said creditors and knocking some sense into them), then he'll have his next colony and the slots should open back up.

On the other hand, perhaps it is time for SPAX to start up, allowing more communication and coordination among our southern brethren.

Well, I got Sol Haven constructed, but I'm down to -244 ships again, so I can't send myself the goods necessary to quickly upgrade the town. I think I'll sleep on it and see what I can do in the morning.

What goods do you need? And where did you put the colony?

Edit: Never mind. Care package sent; will arrive 20 minutes after they finish loading the ships. So... an hour and a half. I should upgrade my ports some.
    Go go home minister powers!

Darian on
  • Options
    KingthlayerKingthlayer Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ballistics can't research fast enough. Then on to anatomy. I guess I got lucky running across a good supply of crystal while raiding tonight. Enough to upgrade my academy again. That's twice within 24 hours!

Kingthlayer on
  • Options
    SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    i'm now 251 trade ships in the hole, this is really putting a hamper on my pillaging.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    That bug can work in your favor sometimes too. It showed I had the full allotment of cargo ships available when I had 3 out on a mission.

Kingthlayer on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

It looks like you posted the error/screen shot to the main forums. They do not permit coordinates to be posted, so you'll need to edit that picture to remove them.

Darian on
  • Options
    ClaymanClayman Don't be a baked potato. Be a person. Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    He responded :)

You kno you pillaged the wrong town i don't have defense for a reason so good luck getting pillaged

My answer was along the lines of "That's a clever tactic and a game is a game. Hope you get some nice spoils". He can't make me upset so this will be interesting. :lol:

edit: It's Sparta on [99:39] that's attacking me.

Clayman on
  • Options
    ZarcathZarcath Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I have an expansion on one of our sulfur islands (25,21), "Boob Villa"

I really need marble and crystal. If you can ship some to my expansion colony, I can provide grapes or sulfur at 1:1 ratio.

Zarcath on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So I funded half the lev3 upgrade of the vineyard, hopefully the other active player on the island funds the other half. He did fund some other projects already, so I am hopeful.

After that we might have to look into kicking another player off the island (hmm, there's a TV show in there...) because s/he's mostly a leech.

I'm really liking the game. :)

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    The guy who was attacking me and I destroyed his army and raid his resources every day apparently has a large buy order for sulfur and wood that people have been filling. I blocked his harbor for eight hours and sent him a message telling him that he's a naughty child and he needs to be punished. I don't take kindly to his type.

Kingthlayer on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The guy who was attacking me and I destroyed his army and raid his resources every day apparently has a large buy order for sulfur and wood that people have been filling. I blocked his harbor for eight hours and sent him a message telling him that he's a naughty child and he needs to be punished. I don't take kindly to his type.

So you've been raiding the ships coming in to fill his buy order?

How much has that netted you?

Edit: Also, I have three spots in my museums open for wonderful trinkets from far off lands.

Even if they are only dongs.

Especially dongs.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Just starting out. Only 4 buildings and 5 army units. I envy you superpower types.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Just starting out. Only 4 buildings and 5 army units. I envy you superpower types.

The game moves quickly in the beginning. You will be subjugating defenseless peacemongers in no time.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Baidol wrote: »

So you've been raiding the ships coming in to fill his buy order?

How much has that netted you?

Edit: Also, I have three spots in my museums open for wonderful trinkets from far off lands.

Even if they are only dongs.

Especially dongs.

So far? Nothing. I need to give it time, though. I suspect that it will be quite profitable.

Kingthlayer on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    World Beta, Maebios[100:58], Have crystal

Going to be so awesome

So awesome

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    SPAX sounds like a good idea, we've got quite a cluster of capitols around 90:50.

90:50 sounds like EPA territory in the far southeast.

I was more thinking in the 50:80 vicinity, south central/southwest as it were.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    SPAX sounds like a good idea, we've got quite a cluster of capitols around 90:50.

90:50 sounds like EPA territory in the far southeast.

I was more thinking in the 50:80 vicinity, south central/southwest as it were.

Wouldn't it be easier for people to switch alliance?

Aldo on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    EPA is 63:92. I have a colony there and my capital is at 93:62, right now I'm an EPA member.

Scooter on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So I just joined the ranks of the pillagers. None of the bastards on my island are bothering to upgrade the sulfur pit, and precious few are helping with the wood.

I have a milscore of ~1900; should I easily win any fight that has a smaller one?

Tamin on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    I'm at 18:86, and I don't think I really have anyone of you within a decent distance. Is there a cluster somewhere I should aim for when I start colonizing?

Echo on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Tamin wrote: »
    So I just joined the ranks of the pillagers. None of the bastards on my island are bothering to upgrade the sulfur pit, and precious few are helping with the wood.

I have a milscore of ~1900; should I easily win any fight that has a smaller one?

Probably. If you don't you will win the second round.

Kingthlayer on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    I'm at 18:86, and I don't think I really have anyone of you within a decent distance. Is there a cluster somewhere I should aim for when I start colonizing?

One option is to head all the way to the [24:22] cluster in the north, then abandon your original colony. To do so, you need to build a palace (only level 1), academy, and not much else.

Then a governor's house in the new colony, declare it the cap, then abandon the original (after destroying everything.)

OR you could head to WPAX, 10:40 region; that MIGHT be close enough to be worth keeping the original settlement.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Right now I have a like 14 hour trip between my colony and my cap, but it's not a problem so far. I just send off one big shipment from one to the other in the morning of their respective resource and they do their own thing. I suppose it'd help if they could support each other militarily, but I get the feeling an island full of EPAs will be pretty secure for the time being.

Scooter on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Holy hell. If you're not that invested, you might consider burning down your capitol and relocating. You're going to find it a major pain in the ass when you're transferring resources between 3+ colonies and they take that long to send.

Mine take 40-48 minutes. It's wonderful.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Well, I'm boned...

That guy who was counterattacking me after I raided him twice when he had 0 Military score and then, in a day, shot up over 1,000? He's not the only one. It looks like his land forces were stopped by my fleet, but I lost the fleet in the process. Now, however, I have a guy from 29:44 sending a big attack my way (I'm at 46:87, so the likelyhood of him just deciding to attack me is very low, either his Alliance is protecting this guy or one of them is an alt) and the first guy has a 4 ship blockade up on my port.

On top of that, one of the other guys on my island decided to get in on the action and, after my forces were down, ran in and pillaged me.

I now have no sulfur left to build anything above Slingers. Not looking good.

Bloodsheed on
    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Holy hell. If you're not that invested, you might consider burning down your capitol and relocating. You're going to find it a major pain in the ass when you're transferring resources between 3+ colonies and they take that long to send.

Mine take 40-48 minutes. It's wonderful.

Starting to think it might be right...building up the resources for my first colony was such a pain, but now I've got a buttload of gold and I could probably have the wood in a few hours if I combined my two stashes, so it probably won't be as bad as I'm thinking...well, Gov's mansion will be done in a few hours, I'll probably upgrade it to palace when I can and switch over tomorrow, given that I'm in classes pretty solid all afternoon/evening today.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Ya'll are making me glad I'm playing in a peaceful region, and haven't bothered trying to even attack anyone. No one has bothered me at all. I've built some defense in my towns, some Ballistas, Phalanxs, walls, etc, but I've been able to keep to myself.

I'm sure attacking can be fun, but getting murdered by accidentally picking on the wrong dude would probably kill a lot of the fun of the game.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm sure attacking can be fun, but getting murdered by accidentally picking on the wrong dude would probably kill a lot of the fun of the game.

I can comfirm that yes, it does.

Bloodsheed on
    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    How can I send troops from one city to another?

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Hmm...can you:

Select the town source, go to "Show World", select the island destination, click the city and select "Deploy Troops"?

I don't know if that transfers troops or not.

EDIT: Aside from random German, that looks like it does it.

I'm sure there's a simpler way.

EDIT2: Ok, maybe not, it still treats them as "Deployed" and their upkeep is increased.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited April 2008
    Exactly what are the negative effects of being raided if you have no army and your resources are decently protected?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    How are your resources decently protected with no army?

The Warehouse only protects a relatively small amount.

Anyway, assuming you have no military defense, the result will be that you'll lose resources based on the level of your trade port. The higher the level the exponentially higher amount of resources you'll lose.

I.E. if you've upgraded your port a lot, and have a lot of resources, you'll likely lose quite a bit of them.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited April 2008
    How are your resources decently protected with no army?

The Warehouse only protects a relatively small amount.

Anyway, assuming you have no military defense, the result will be that you'll lose resources based on the level of your trade port. The higher the level the exponentially higher amount of resources you'll lose.

I.E. if you've upgraded your port a lot, and have a lot of resources, you'll likely lose quite a bit of them.
    'S what I mean. Low lev port+high lev warehouse=less pain. I was just worried there would be other problems emerging.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Not really. There's not much, currently, aside from taking your resources that someone can do. But through alliances and whatnot, if you really piss someone off, you can be completely screwed by always having your resources pillaged.

At that point I'd either quit or completely abandon my colony/capitol and quietly create a colony on the other side of the world and start over. With all your research intact, of course.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited April 2008
    I don't understand how you could ever be pillaged to the point of ruin. It's not like they can kill your mans or raze your buildings. I've had a few successful attacks against me, yeah they made off with a few hundred gold and about +400 wood/whatever my exotic is, but it wasn't a crippling blow.

Just need to play smart. Whatever you take from someone, use it immediately. Buy cargo ships, donate wood, upgrade your shit, send it off you a colony, put it on market place for cheap.

If I were having problems with guys chain pillaging me, i'd destroy my port and build up my fleet. You don't need a lot of sulfur to get some Ballista ships, or even ram-ships to protect you, it's well within your warehouses protected amount. If you haven't researched ballista ships yet, well...it's your bad man.

My first colony was sulfur, and I researched professional army before expansion. You know why? Because I can take what I need from weaker cities to boost my resources. A guy I overran sent me message saying to stop pillaging him and just ask for resources next time. Because islands are so unpopulated people are going around thinking they can get away without having a deterrent force. I see it as just the opposite. Lot of ripe targets.

One thing I worry about is pillaging a fellow PA'r.

Zarcath on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I think the worst case is a constant stream of attacks/blockades, and your city isn't on a sulfur island. If you're unable to ship any in, then you can't build an army, and you're helpless for as long as it takes for them to lose interest.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    After the initial blockade, I doubt they would continue to press with a huge fleet. If someone else breaks the blockade and delivers sulfur he'd be ok. Do blockades prevent market deliveries from coming in?

Zarcath on
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Are there any all-PA islands around 17:28? I certainly wouldn't mind getting in on that action.

Legba on
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I think what I'm going to do with my next colony is drop a marble one on one of the marble islands in the main PArc cluster in the NW and make that into my "main" colony and use the action points from the others to just funnel daily resource drops up to there. That way I can join in with attacks and such up there more easily. :)

Edit: If the marble island is full, which looks likely, I'll plop sulfur.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Legba wrote: »
    Are there any all-PA islands around 17:28? I certainly wouldn't mind getting in on that action.

Never mind, found it on the OP. Sweet. With a bit of luck the last two spots on 24:22 won't be taken before I get my Palace tomorrow.

Legba on
This discussion has been closed.