Options

[Chat]las Shrugged

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Suck AH. That blows.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    Suck AH. That blows.

I fixed the SP3 download (it's no longer a beta, it's release quality now... MY ASS) but it's screwed, so I have to manually do the updates, which as everyone knows, there are now over 100 of post service pack 2, not counting office updates, firmware updates, etc.

The good news is that since this shit just got drug out for another two hours I can spend a little quality time on the forums.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I, for one, did not know that.

Quid on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ah, the whole tipping thing reminds me of my favourite waitress. A sassy Portuguese girl with a very morbid sense of humour. I wonder if she's still alive.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    jeepguy wrote: »
    Unless you can get me paid for E-5 before fucking June, I don't want to hear about your 1337 PN skillz.
    If I, or anyone here could do that, our command wouldn't have had zero advancements last cycle.

I can however get bank account numbers for anyone in the entire Navy which gets me a notch above you.

I get intel reports from all over the world in my morning email. Top that suckah!

Oh, and Hap I am in EHF maintenance school. Which mostly teaches me how to read a tech manual for the EHF terminal and swap out circuit cards (once you've figured out which circuit card is messed up, which is what the tech manual is for).

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Ah, the whole tipping thing reminds me of my favourite waitress. A sassy Portuguese girl with a very morbid sense of humour. I wonder if she's still alive.

Portuguese people are hot. Lisbon was like wall-to-wall sexy.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yeah!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I get intel reports from all over the world in my morning email. Top that suckah!
    I live off base and duty here consists of staying a half hour late for a week.

Quid on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

It is the water. Or maybe they cull most of the ugly ones.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Man I hate days with no work to do

I don't feel like I can ever really accomplish anything at work either

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    Malkor wrote: »

It is the water. Or maybe they cull most of the ugly ones.

leave them out on the mountainside

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I don't mind tipping when it feels like I'm rewarding good service, I hate the expectation I have to tip whether the server was good or not.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Well it must be nice to live at a whore base and be a whore. :x

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I feel my Battlestar Galactica/Lost/Cloverfield/DBZ fan fic is underappreciated.

Quid on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Man I hate days with no work to do

I don't feel like I can ever really accomplish anything at work either

Where do you work

Medopine on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I don't mind tipping when it feels like I'm rewarding good service, I hate the expectation I have to tip whether the server was good or not.

You're an asshole Mr. Pink

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I feel my Battlestar Galactica/Lost/Cloverfield/DBZ fan fic is underappreciated.

Without having read it... no, deep inside, you don't.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Well it must be nice to live at a whore base and be a whore. :x
    Very much so. All you need is a massive natural disaster to occur in your area and destroy massive amounts of housing for the first part. I didn't even want to leave the barracks but they forced me to.

For the second part get stationed on a Seabee base. Those fuckers don't do shit while not deployed. Many literally get day jobs to fill the time.

Quid on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I have no work to do today yet.

Well, I could work on documenting all the shit I do in Excel and other things so that when I leave on May 16th they're not screwed.

I'm so pumped for my new job!

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Medopine on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Fuck that, if my job predicated I do a good one to get paid I'd do a damn good job, but because they picked a crap profession is not my nevermind if they give a crap service!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    Echo I can't for the life of me remember you saying anything nice about America.

Wait, wait, let me try... uhm...

Still thinking...

Well, I guess the Macbook is a nice piece of hardware, but it says "Assembled in China". Yay China!

Also, I just got a tweet saying the average American lifespan is shrinking. Can I like that?

Echo on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Fuck that, if my job predicated I do a good one to get paid I'd do a damn good job, but because they picked a crap profession is not my nevermind if they give a crap service!

Chan.....Chan.....Chan Lee...Chan Leroy....Chan Smith?

amateurhour on
  • Options
    Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Exam in T-minus 90 minutes.

Pray for Mojo

Andrew_Jay on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

I don't understand the reference, but if you are one of those "Everyone should give insert arbitrary percentage in tip" you can shove it up your ass!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    America has produced some fine forumers though. <3

Echo on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Preacher...there's a whole fucking thread for you to rant in about that

He's referencing Reservoir Dogs

Medopine on
  • Options
    Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Is . . . is this supposed to be sung to the tune of Big Bad Leroy Brown or something?

EDIT: oh, I remember now, his address book.

Andrew_Jay on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Echo wrote: »

Like Wiggin and Fawkes?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

I don't understand the reference, but if you are one of those "Everyone should give insert arbitrary percentage in tip" you can shove it up your ass!

It's the opening scene from reservoir dogs.

I worked in a restaurant, so my policy is I start with 20%, and it drops the worse the service gets. If it's horrible, I leave 5% becuase waiters in AL only make 3.25 an hour, and I leave a polite note that says "Your service was unsatisfacory. I understand the job is hard, I've done it, but try to leave your personal problems at home, you'll make more money."

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Like Wiggin and Fawkes?

One of these is no longer a forumer...

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Like Wiggin and Fawkes?

Hey now, let's not start exaggerating here.

Echo on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008

Like Wiggin and Fawkes?

Fawkes is English.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Really? I never knew.

Oh well. Britain, America. Same thing.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Medopine wrote: »

Nah I prefer to stay out of the specific threads other then the primaries one if only because the stupidity overwhelms.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    What up doggies

Well, apparently I think that "no answer" means "yes". I'm not sure where that came from and it's news to me, but other than that I am cleaned and my hair is conditioned. Oh and Rilo Kiley is also up.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Like Wiggin and Fawkes?
    One of these is no longer a forumer...
    I wouldn't bet on it.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Nah I prefer to stay out of the specific threads other then the primaries one if only because the stupidity overwhelms.

Alright, then shut up about tipping you cheapskate

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    whoo, mcsweeney's lists!

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

It's the opening scene from reservoir dogs.

I worked in a restaurant, so my policy is I start with 20%, and it drops the worse the service gets. If it's horrible, I leave 5% becuase waiters in AL only make 3.25 an hour, and I leave a polite note that says "Your service was unsatisfacory. I understand the job is hard, I've done it, but try to leave your personal problems at home, you'll make more money."

I would say thats a little pretentious to even leave a note. I don't have an arbitrary amount I leave, but I am usually a good tipper, the only time I ever left a bad one in recent memory was about a year ago I was sat in the bar at a restaurant and the waitress sucked, didn't check to see what we wanted for 20 minutes, didn't bring us silverware until we had our salads for about 5 minutes, our order came out about an hour after we ordered it. Truely horrid on a slow thursday I expected a little better.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.