Options

[BALANCE ON] Team Fortress 2: Pyro Nerf Applied

• Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    DeMoN wrote: »
    There is a lack of dedicated medics when I've been playing recently. Not that the noobs aren't doing a decent job, but its just not the same.
    I do like the ones who tend to stand still when they heal though. Well, my Axtiguisher likes them.

I'm trying to advance to the position of dedicated medic, if that helps. I'd be happy to get advice from peeps if ya want.

Daxon on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    theantipop wrote: »
    I've been meaning to say this for a while, but set your goddamn FOV to 90!!! Too many times I see teammates I'm speccing not see a blatant spy or enemy on their peripheral and I feel like they still have their FOV set to 75. Options->Multiplayer, DO IT!!!

When I turn up my field of view more than a few numbers it gets all warped and makes me want to vomit and is unplayable.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Daxon wrote: »
    There is a lack of dedicated medics when I've been playing recently. Not that the noobs aren't doing a decent job, but its just not the same.
    I do like the ones who tend to stand still when they heal though. Well, my Axtiguisher likes them.

I'm trying to advance to the position of dedicated medic, if that helps. I'd be happy to get advice from peeps if ya want.

Honestly, what makes a great medic is the ability to run around like batshit at all times to avoid being a target, knowing when to uber, and knowing when to run away.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

I was medic most of last night.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Fellhand wrote: »

I was medic most of last night.

I'm not saying the dedicated medics aren't still around, I'm saying I personally don't see them as often as I used to. For example, I'm pretty sure you weren't on my team very often.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Don't stand still like medics have lately. Or rather, do stand still. It makes backstabbing so much easier.

Other than that, heal as many people as you can unless your target is under fire. Use a mike with your heal target. I can't think of much more medic advice than that, but I'm not exactly considered a pro medic around here.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Honestly, what makes a great medic is the ability to run around like batshit at all times to avoid being a target, knowing when to uber, and knowing when to run away.

Yeah I'm getting increasingly better at this, though my uber timing is perhaps not the greatest there have been times when I feel it's provided the push needed for a win. Which is cool.

Also, for some retarded reason only like 1 server on the entire INTERNET (or in favourites) tab appear and I can't get into any PA ones. This happens from time to time but then it suddenly works properly other times; anyone else have problems with disappearing servers?

Edit: I has no mic D: or rather my computer sucks to much to be able to use a mic without mega static I'm sure you guys would rather do without. Hopefully new computer (August) will be several degrees more awesome.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Yeah I'm getting increasingly better at this, though my uber timing is perhaps not the greatest there have been times when I feel it's provided the push needed for a win. Which is cool.

Also, for some retarded reason only like 1 server on the entire INTERNET (or in favourites) tab appear and I can't get into any PA ones. This happens from time to time but then it suddenly works properly other times; anyone else have problems with disappearing servers?

I do, it's usually because I've forgotten to stop other things that are taking bandwidth. Othertimes it's just my fucking internet provider.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

I do, it's usually because I've forgotten to stop other things that are taking bandwidth. Othertimes it's just my fucking internet provider.

You could try directly connecting to the IPs using the console.

connect <ip>; password wang

Or adding the IPs to your favs. Sometimes you'll see servers on the Steam server list and not the in-game one, too. o_O

Zetx on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Zetx wrote: »

You could try directly connecting to the IPs using the console.

connect <ip>; password wang

Or adding the IPs to your favs. Sometimes you'll see servers on the Steam server list and not the in-game one, too. o_O

Awesome, the console connect seemed to do the trick; thanks :D

Daxon on
  • Options
    Rogueknight-Rogueknight- Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Mighty wrote: »
    Job_41:25 wrote: »
    If you critzkrieg a pyro do you get critical leafblower pushes? If not, this needs to be implemented immediately.

They should push you across the entire map.

I think that like the Blutsauger and other weapons, there's no such thing as a "crit leafblower" :(
    Wrong! it turns the projectile you reflect into a critical! i have done it and it was glorious

I was standing at the bottom of some stairs in turbine, and a demo was lobbing grenades at me, while i was blowing them back at him. the least 2 he fired rolled at me, i pushed them, the color changed and they got sparkly, he stepped out to fire again, right on top of them. i hear the "critical hit" sound and he went flying right into my flames.

best
    kill
    ever

You are kidding me.

A Pyro on my team has to remind me of this next time I'm on. I'll provide the Kritzkrieg.

I have visions of a Pyro facing the last point 3-2 of Dustbowl, just throwing critical explosives flying onto the last point like a Angry Sith Lord.

Rogueknight- on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So, still a lot of pyros or what?

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Children wrote: »
    So is there any word of all this cool stuff making it to the 360?

Apparently they have to approve it or something, then make sure it'll all work, then talk to Microsoft and make sure it really is ok, then Microsoft tells you to ask your father, then they have to have a conversation about it, then they might release it, but you can't stay up all night because you have soccer in the morning!

Just get it on the PC.

And apparently MS wants to charge for the updates and Valve doesn't, which is delaying things.

Really? Hmm. Because charging for the update is a terrifically bad idea. Splintering your user base in a multiplayer game is not a good plan, especially when some people feel cheated because they now need to spend even more money just to play with their friends.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm torn, so torn. I love being a Medic and I adore playing a Heavy.

But man, are Pyros cute- Er, adorable.
    Like kittens.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Basil wrote: »

Like kittens.

Play all three. I seriously have no clue how people manage to play just one class all the time. I start getting bored of a class after playing it for like two matches at most.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Children wrote: »
    So is there any word of all this cool stuff making it to the 360?

Apparently they have to approve it or something, then make sure it'll all work, then talk to Microsoft and make sure it really is ok, then Microsoft tells you to ask your father, then they have to have a conversation about it, then they might release it, but you can't stay up all night because you have soccer in the morning!

Just get it on the PC.

And apparently MS wants to charge for the updates and Valve doesn't, which is delaying things.

Really? Hmm. Because charging for the update is a terrifically bad idea. Splintering your user base in a multiplayer game is not a good plan, especially when some people feel cheated because they now need to spend even more money just to play with their friends.

Yes, but thusfar, it hasn't stopped people from buying in-game items and map-packs on 360 games. Until people stop coughing up the cash, it'll continue to happen.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Like kittens.

Play all three. I seriously have no clue how people manage to play just one class all the time. I start getting bored of a class after playing it for like two matches at most.

I tend to swap between heavy and medic most often. I find that playing a medic for a while gets me into this killing machine groove, even if swapping out does tend to make at least one team mate bleed tears of blood because they hate playing medic themselves.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    i quit playing medic while the pyro craze was going on since it wasnt even worth it to try and keep people alive. OH WE;LP. once i get back into playing tf2 instead of taking a break and trying to beat mass effect ill be pumping that hp into duld's fathead.

also FOV 90 = awesome. you see people flanking you much better. any class that needs to keep watch (almost all of them) would benefit from the extra few degrees of view. widescreen monitors help quite a bit as well.

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Like kittens.

heh, before the update my time as pyro was 80 hours, with my second most played class being soldier with 70. Now my pyro time is something like 100 and something hours.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Like kittens.

So true. I switch class at the very least every other map. I still have yet to really enjoy playing demoman though. I also have a problem with playing engy because I feel like when people destroy my stuff, they're destroying something I took time and effort to create, like my favorite lego set or something, so I get really angry

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Like kittens.

So true. I switch class at the very least every other map. I still have yet to really enjoy playing demoman though. I also have a problem with playing engy because I feel like when people destroy my stuff, they're destroying something I took time and effort to create, like my favorite lego set or something, so I get really angry

I know, Mopper, whenever all my shit gets wiped out, I often change class. I always figure nothing's going to get blown up, it's the perfect time to switch it up. I mean, damn, it was hard work putting that sentry dere.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    on the rare chance i play engi, if all my shit gets blown up i just switch classes and say fuck it. :\

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Oh thank goodness, after five minutes of running through names and passwords I hit my steam account.

Glee!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    theantipop wrote: »
    set your goddamn FOV to 90!!!

I recently changed mine back to 75 for a decent performance gain. I have extreme FPS issues when it actually matters, so I have to just grin and bear getting nailed constantly by unknown assailants in dark corners...

Tee hee.

Monsty on
  • Options
    WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Fuck yeah, look at my fat head. I've noticed alot of the "new" medics dont have mics. That is a bad thing. You gotta talk to me baby. In addition, listen to me when I say blow it(FUCK YOU TED). Cause, DAMN is it depressing when I die and I see my medic ubered all alone :(.

What on
  • Options
    martymarty Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    ok you morons missed my point about my headphones. They are wireless I can drink all i want and not fall over cables

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Well see, with MY WIRES I can choke my self while jerking it.

What on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    *sniffs*

But Medicing isn't as fun when I don't have crazy music blasting holes in my ear drums. Its not that I don't want to hear you, it's that your voices are nothing in the face of creepy Swedish techno.

Gets really awkward when I'm the only medic on dustbowl and my team can't get a push together, that. Really awkward. Maybe I'll put on the mic now and then. Yeah.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Wtf just happened? Everyone just left within the space of five minutes...

Edit: Everyone joined the other server... nvm

Daxon on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    Bah, I downloaded this last night for some PC glory, only to find that the graphics are all fucked up on my computer. There's geometry everywhere.

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck.

What are your specs?

Are you over-heating?

Im away from the comp so these may not be exactly right but:

AMD Dual Core 2ghz
    2gig ram
    GeForce 7900 GT
    Win XP

Updated my drivers, everything. Don't think I'm over heating, although that would explain why the geo problems tend to get worse the longer I play.

Basically, whereever theres a "joint" in the models (whether there characters or the map) I get textures of weird geometry coming from them.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    KingMooKingMoo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    when playing engy with my bro I tell him where to put his sentry and he tells me where to put mine. That way we can trade sentries so we are invincible to our own sentry fire.

/sneaky sneaky

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    !!!!▓▓▓▓▓Gravy?▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!
    !!!!!!▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!!!!
    of doom
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm getting better at being an offensive engy, its pretty fun too, since most of these new pyros suck and just run right into my level one while I'm blasting them with a shotty.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Bah, I downloaded this last night for some PC glory, only to find that the graphics are all fucked up on my computer. There's geometry everywhere.

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck.

What are your specs?

Are you over-heating?

Im away from the comp so these may not be exactly right but:

AMD Dual Core 2ghz
    2gig ram
    GeForce 7900 GT
    Win XP

Updated my drivers, everything. Don't think I'm over heating, although that would explain why the geo problems tend to get worse the longer I play.

Basically, whereever theres a "joint" in the models (whether there characters or the map) I get textures of weird geometry coming from them.

Thats strange. You shouldn't have a problem running the game, but you might be overheating. See if you can get more airflow, and maybe turn some settings down, and see what happens.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    KingMoo wrote: »
    when playing engy with my bro I tell him where to put his sentry and he tells me where to put mine. That way we can trade sentries so we are invincible to our own sentry fire.

/sneaky sneaky

This is a hideously cruel and awesome thing and you should be proud.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    well guys tomorrow I will be leaving America and travelling to the lands of New Zealand for study abroad, so my TF2 playing (for the most part) is done, at least until December. It's been an absolute blast playing with all of you and whatnot and blah blah blah you guys rock.

My bro's already over there and has Bootcamp on his Macbook so I'll be able to play sometimes, but my ping will be ridiculous

QuestionMarkMan on
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    well guys tomorrow I will be leaving America and travelling to the lands of New Zealand for study abroad, so my TF2 playing (for the most part) is done, at least until December. It's been an absolute blast playing with all of you and whatnot and blah blah blah you guys rock.

My bro's already over there and has Bootcamp on his Macbook so I'll be able to play sometimes, but my ping will be ridiculous

Play as an Engineer. Sentry guns run on the server, and don't get affected by lag. :winky:

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    Demitri OmniDemitri Omni Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Dude. DUDE. I had a fucking weird dream that phased into a Team Fortress 2 dream. And somehow I was a scout with cloaking and the leafblower as a secondary fire on my scattergun.

What the fuck.

Demitri Omni on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KingMooKingMoo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Dude. DUDE. I had a fucking weird dream that phased into a Team Fortress 2 dream. And somehow I was a scout with cloaking and the leafblower as a secondary fire on my scattergun.

What the fuck.

not a dream... check this morning's updates

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    !!!!▓▓▓▓▓Gravy?▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!
    !!!!!!▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!!!!
    of doom
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    A scout with cloak would be nice.

Or a heavy with speeds that match the scout.

Either or.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    Demitri OmniDemitri Omni Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    KingMoo wrote: »

What the fuck.

not a dream... check this morning's updates

DO NOT FUCK WITH ME

D:

Demitri Omni on
    camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.