Options

[CRY ON] This is actually the TF2 thread if you didn't know (56K ARE BABY)

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Guys, while we're talking about how dumb scripts are, I don't know what to bind to my right mouse button as soldier. I was thinking maybe battlecry, screenshot, battlecry and screenshot, or explode. What do you think?

Either "Spy" or "Deploy über" methinks.

No one ubers soldiers anymore. No one with a lick of sense anyway.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Guys, while we're talking about how dumb scripts are, I don't know what to bind to my right mouse button as soldier. I was thinking maybe battlecry, screenshot, battlecry and screenshot, or explode. What do you think?

All Of Em.

It would be freaking Bad Ass.

"MAGGETS *snap* TIME TO INFORM THE NEXT OF YOUR KIN, *explode* *snap*".

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Either "Spy" or "Deploy über" methinks.

Hot damn, I wasn't expecting anything other than "explode".

I actually already have these bound to "f" and "shift" respectively. How kookie!
    All Of Em.

It would be freaking Bad Ass.

"MAGGETS *snap* TIME TO INFORM THE NEXT OF YOUR KIN, *explode* *snap*".

Best one yet!

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    I bind crouch to the shift key. I find that to be a much better location.

I need to do this. My left CTRL key is missing on my laptop and I have to push my fingernail in it to get it to work, thus you probably never see me crouch.

The problem I have with this is that some games have both walk and crouch, and I like walking better than crouching, and I use shift for walk.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    If I yell "Spy!" while pointing at someone,does it actually do anything or just give the little "Spy!" message in the chat window?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is there gonna be another tourney starting up soon? I need to get pissed off at vidja games again.

crucialityfactor on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Klyka wrote: »
    If I yell "Spy!" while pointing at someone,does it actually do anything or just give the little "Spy!" message in the chat window?

It gives the "Spy!" message, and your character says something along the lines of, "That pyro is a spy!" That's it.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

It calls that class a spy.

Unless you're a Pyro.

In which case, it all comes out as mmfhh hmmfh hrmf hur hmm!

Also, no one ubers soldiers maybe, but krubered soldier = a whole lot of bullshit crit rockets flyin' up in your grill.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    It's like he's saying that the ability to keep a cool head in moments of extreme pressure isn't skill, just an absent convenience that it's okay to artificially replace.

No I didn't.
    Yes you did.
    It's being able to do it consistently, every single, never missing and most importantly - not having to worry about doing it flawlessly in those critical hectic moments...
    I don't advocate actions not humanly possible and outside of the bounds of the command line. Whats more, I don't support the entirety of all the scripts available as many can be considered questionable.
    I never said you advocated something outside of the humanly possible. In fact I'm sure I was pretty explicit in my comparisons in showing that you were automating something entirely learnable and based on skill.
    Posting the script was a suggestion to help those who are having trouble learning the sticky/rocket jumps.
    Well okay apart from that being a pretty obvious spin on the truth, how exactly is having something automated for them going to help them a damn? Man if I had someone to do up my shoelaces every day I guess I'd never need to learn how to do them myself.
    It was not suggested as a long term solution but rather more of a tip to understand the theory of it all while initially eliminating as many variables as possible. It was also not posted in hopes of arousing discussion. I don't care to discus it any further and I won't. Your opinions won't change and neither will mine. You do not use scripts, and I do. For that, I am not sorry.
    Waffles with a side of self-righteous sauce. I don't care if you dislike being called out on how lame it is. I honestly am not too troubled if highlighting the massive flaws in your flimsy justifications upsets you. You're destined for middle management.
    I'd suggest if you're as passionate about this as you sound, that you go here to contact Valve directly and voice your opinion.
    Don't you play silly buggers with me.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is there gonna be another tourney starting up soon? I need to get pissed off at vidja games again.

Whatever happened to the inter-forum tourney? The PA tourney was D:

Zetx on
  • Options
    Alex WilderAlex Wilder Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

No tourney talk Raptor it can only lead to bad things. But you should play again for the new pyro stuff.

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Go Flippy, GO!

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    It's like he's saying that the ability to keep a cool head in moments of extreme pressure isn't skill, just an absent convenience that it's okay to artificially replace.

No I didn't.
    Yes you did.
    It's being able to do it consistently, every single, never missing and most importantly - not having to worry about doing it flawlessly in those critical hectic moments...
    I don't advocate actions not humanly possible and outside of the bounds of the command line. Whats more, I don't support the entirety of all the scripts available as many can be considered questionable.
    I never said you advocated something outside of the humanly possible. In fact I'm sure I was pretty explicit in my comparisons in showing that you were automating something entirely learnable and based on skill.
    Posting the script was a suggestion to help those who are having trouble learning the sticky/rocket jumps.
    Well okay apart from that being a pretty obvious spin on the truth, how exactly is having something automated for them going to help them a damn? Man if I had someone to do up my shoelaces every day I guess I'd never need to learn how to do them myself.
    It was not suggested as a long term solution but rather more of a tip to understand the theory of it all while initially eliminating as many variables as possible. It was also not posted in hopes of arousing discussion. I don't care to discus it any further and I won't. Your opinions won't change and neither will mine. You do not use scripts, and I do. For that, I am not sorry.
    Waffles with a side of self-righteous sauce. I don't care if you dislike being called out on how lame it is. I honestly am not too troubled if highlighting the massive flaws in your flimsy justifications upsets you. You're destined for middle management.
    I'd suggest if you're as passionate about this as you sound, that you go here to contact Valve directly and voice your opinion.
    Don't you play silly buggers with me.

I was wondering when you'd post, you took longer than I thought.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

It gives the "Spy!" message, and your character says something along the lines of, "That pyro is a spy!" That's it.

So basically using it is a waste of time because you won't here someone say "That pyro is a spy!" over all the explosions and shit anyway.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    yeah..the posting it to teach people was the most obvious line of bullshit ever...like somehow making it so they don't have to learn it, will actually make them learn it..........makes zero sense

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008

So basically using it is a waste of time because you won't here someone say "That pyro is a spy!" over all the explosions and shit anyway.

Sometimes, it's better than nothing if you don't have a headset, but you're much better off saying it over the headset so people can hear you, and so the spy doesn't.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

Nah it's not a waste of time at all. I've caught quite a few spies because people have done this as well as been caught as a spy when the enemy yells it out.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

No tourney talk Raptor it can only lead to bad things. But you should play again for the new pyro stuff.

Funny you should mention that, I'm going to be reinstalling Vista when I get home so either tonight or tomorrow night I'll be playing.

crucialityfactor on
  • Options
    TheSuperWootTheSuperWoot Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

It's great for spamming at the beginning of the match and while running to and in between points.

But seriously, sometimes the sound warnings can be helpful, mostly the engineer ones about shit being sapped.

TheSuperWoot on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I want a script to make my character break dance.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I use the Spy! voice command mostly so it appears as text. I'd never have time to mouse over someone I see on the very side of my screen, and I'm muffled most of the time as Pyro anyhow.

Zetx on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Nah it's not a waste of time at all. I've caught quite a few spies because people have done this as well as been caught as a spy when the enemy yells it out.

Plus it's damn useful for pointing out all the spies that infiltrated your spawn during setup time.

crucialityfactor on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    i like crit ubers malkor :(

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    mrflippy wrote: »

Maybe?
    Rentilius wrote: »
    i like crit ubers malkor :(

I like crit ubering spies. Them revolvers tear up shit! A few nights ago, it may have been Lustre, but he took out like a medic, his heavy, a soldier, a pyro, and made the rest retreat, it was nuts!

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    In regards to calling a Spy, I hate when people say spy as me, or spy as Joseph, etc. Say the damned class! :evil:

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    In regards to calling a Spy, I hate when people say spy as me, or spy as Joseph, etc. Say the damned class! :evil:

Yes, this. If you say a name, please say the class also.

Zetx on
  • Options
    Alex WilderAlex Wilder Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Besides clearly being a spy who is Joseph?

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    WhO WaANts to PLaY niCE

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Besides clearly being a spy who is Joseph?

You can tell who he is by his technicolor coat.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I think the only thing TF2 is missing is some minor customization options. Not anything major that might confuse players as to which class you're playing, just minor shit like different hats or sunglasses.
    That would be cool.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Maybe?
    I must try this later.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Some people with headset mics just say "spy" and nothing else, no class, name, location, or anything. So they have a spy on their team, thanks man.

Yougottawanna on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Whats the script for solder so when he does the shovel taunt he explodes when the shovel makes contact with his head?

That is the only script I see worthwhile.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Some people with headset mics just say "spy" and nothing else, no class, name, location, or anything. So they have a spy on their team, thanks man.

I do that when I see the appropriate killspam. Some people might get tunnel vision and forget to check their surroundings. :|
    Also I play as a secondary SPY CHECKER!11!!1!1 :P

Zetx on
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It's got "wait 4" in it, I think. It's definitely been posted before so keep trying if you don't get an answer.

Also spy shout-outs have saved my life innumerable times.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Sometimes I just see a spy cloak and run away, and all i have time for is to say "spy" or maybe "spy at A" because I'm about to die or something. I don't know how else to represent a location. ("The place where I put that thing that time?")

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    ("The place where I put that thing that time?")
    :winky:

Zetx on
  • Options
    iusehappymodiusehappymod Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My mouse just keeps freezing up when theres a lot of enemy activity around me.

Which has got to be the most aggrivating thing.

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet
    An ineffable tragedy of the human spirit that still resonates, even today.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    My mouse just keeps freezing up when theres a lot of enemy activity around me.

Which has got to be the most aggrivating thing.

"Spy is sappin' mah Razor?"

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Even after playing this since September, I keep finding new voice comms that amuse me. The heavy saying GO LEFT! with the pointing motion, sniper saying the activate ubercharge macros, and the demo's MOVE THE GEAR UP still amuses me.

BlindPsychic on