As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phlegm and Apple Cider Vinegar

MunacraMunacra Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I remember there was an announcement a while ago in this forum that you could use apple cider vinegar to get rid of al that gunky phlegm buildup in your throat. Does anyone remember what were the instructions?

Munacra on

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    take a shot every hour or whenever you feel the need

Raneados on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Apple Cider Vinegar smells like death though, so prepare by turning on a fan and opening all the windows in your home. Seriously, my old roomie ate the stuff on her salads and until I realized that was the stench I thought we had a dead rotting rat stuck in the walls or something.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, that was my announcement. Which for the record generated more PMs than just about anything else I've ever done, and generated by far more POSITIVE PMs than anything else I've ever done.

What you want to do is buy the cheapest, largest, opaque bottle you can. Sunlight will affect the contents. An opaque bottle therefore is ideal, but store it in a room temperature cupboard either way.

Before you pour it, shake it. There's sediment in there and you want some of it in your shot.

Now there are two popular delivery methods. Hot tea works nicely and helps to soothe the throat. Make some nice, mild flavoured tea. I'd suggest something containing lemon peel. Add a shot of that to a regular American sized coffee mug of tea. The downside? You're going to be wafting the delicious scent of apple cider vinegar until you finish that mug. You'd rather not, trust me. Especially when it's in a hot medium, the smell will permeate your entire city block.

The other option is a shot glass. Just pound it back. Try to hold it in the back of your mouth for as long as you can, but if it's a choice between spit and swallow remember that if you spit, you'll just need to do shots until you swallow one. This method is decidedly harsher and takes some getting used to. However, it's over very quickly and I feel that it's a little more effective.

Either way, just do it one shot at a time, and about as often as you feel is necessary. It won't kill you, you'll only think it might.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I can vouch for cider vinegar helping to clear phlegm.

Fucking terrible tasting though, just do a shot like Pheezer says and get it over and done with.

This discussion has been closed.