As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Debt Collection

wenchkillawenchkilla Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
No, this isn't a thread about irresponsible credit card irresponsibly; the debt is owed to me.

I am a senior in my major and over the summer I met a guy who was going to be a junior. Since I've taken all the classes he has, I sold him a book at the beginning of the year. We were having a hard time meeting up because of crazy start of school year stuff, and I spotted him in the hallway and gave him the book first chance.

He didn't have the money on him at the moment, but I wanted to get rid of the book. I knew I'd see him down in the computer lab frequently, and this is true. It is week 5 of class now, and I still don't have my money. I have approached him several times, usually once a week, and in every case he is nice, apologizes for not having the money on him, tells me of his plans to take out the money and give it to me.

Except this has been going on for 5 weeks! And I sold him the book for just $40, which is like 70% off! Is there something I can do/say to make sure I get paid before Jesus Fucking Christ returns to Earth? I have a video game addiction to feed.

gamingsig.jpg
PSN/XBL: dragoniemx
wenchkilla on

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'd just tell him he has a week to either pay the money or return the book and buy it at full price from the university store. Unless he's functionally retarded that will give him the idea that he may indeed save money by not fucking you over.

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    wenchkilla wrote: »
    No, this isn't a thread about irresponsible credit card irresponsibly; the debt is owed to me.

I am a senior in my major and over the summer I met a guy who was going to be a junior. Since I've taken all the classes he has, I sold him a book at the beginning of the year. We were having a hard time meeting up because of crazy start of school year stuff, and I spotted him in the hallway and gave him the book first chance.

He didn't have the money on him at the moment, but I wanted to get rid of the book. I knew I'd see him down in the computer lab frequently, and this is true. It is week 5 of class now, and I still don't have my money. I have approached him several times, usually once a week, and in every case he is nice, apologizes for not having the money on him, tells me of his plans to take out the money and give it to me.

Except this has been going on for 5 weeks! And I sold him the book for just $40, which is like 70% off! Is there something I can do/say to make sure I get paid before Jesus Fucking Christ returns to Earth? I have a video game addiction to feed.
    Talking to us does not solve the problem, talk to him.

Say, "Fantastic, lets go get the money now."

Blake T on
  • Options
    LailLail Surrey, B.C.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Is there an ATM on campus? If he says he doesn't have the money, remind him there's an ATM just down the hall.

Lail on