Options

Suicide is [chat]less

• Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Hahaha

This Japanese girl is fucking fascinated I know her language

I think it's funny when Japanese people are confused by white people who speak Japanese.

It's like, "I didn't think your little brain could parse our highly advanced moon language! Come here, honey, the little white person is trying to talk! Isn't that cute?"

And then they try to impress you with their "English."

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    When a kokojin bust out japanese it's a real fucking spectacle. Let me tell you.

Not from experience or allegories because I don't know but I bet i'm right.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Greeper wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    Death isn't quick.

It takes a lifetime to die.

I am outraged at this complete misrepresentation of the degenerative process of the human body. I demand you rescind this comment immediately.

I have no intention of doing such a thing, and

I will not.

Sirrah, I am afraid I must demand satisfaction. Sabers at dawn, sirrah. Sabers at dawn.

I'm more an epee man...

How about... banjos?

If you can not defend your honor in the grand tradition I am going to have to demand an Apology under Rule 5 of the Irish Code.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    moniker wrote: »
    Hahaha

Boku no nihongo wa mama desu.

Are you ten?

I don't remember hearing any Japanese male above puberty saying "boku"

@DUE: I guess. This chick is from U.Tokyo.

I mean, I don't know why the fuck she's so surprised an American learned some Japanese.

You know Japanese males above puberty? I'm disappointed in you, Zen.

I though boku was the masculine while watashi was the feminine.

naw. more of a formal vs informal type of deal but chicks aren't allowed to be informal.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Death isn't quick.

I am outraged at this complete misrepresentation of the degenerative process of the human body. I demand you rescind this comment immediately.

I will not.

Sirrah, I am afraid I must demand satisfaction. Sabers at dawn, sirrah. Sabers at dawn.

I'm more an epee man...

How about... banjos?

If you can not defend your honor in the grand tradition I am going to have to demand an Apology under Rule 5 of the Irish Code.

An irish apology tends to sound a lot like an insult.

You worm-ridden git.

Greeper on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hahaha

I think it's funny when Japanese people are confused by white people who speak Japanese.

It's like, "I didn't think your little brain could parse our highly advanced moon language! Come here, honey, the little white person is trying to talk! Isn't that cute?"
    It's innate racism, I think.

That we don't give a shit about foreign language she's especially surprised I picked one "as difficult as Japanese."

I'm sorry. Chinese is much harder for an English speaker.

Japanese is an easy language to speak. Reading kanji is hard, but speaking/hearing it? Cake.
    I've never tried to learn Chinese but what I've been told about the use of inflection and context is consistent with your statement.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Fags say boku DUE.

Do you want to be a fag.

The thing is Feral is that English has nothing like tone inflection in the language. I mean, Japanese language structure is very Romantic and easy to follow.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Death isn't quick.

I will not.

I'm more an epee man...

How about... banjos?

An irish apology tends to sound a lot like an insult.

You worm-ridden git.

No, it's actually a rather rigid ceremony.
    CodeDuelloApology.gif

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hahaha

It's innate racism, I think.

That we don't give a shit about foreign language she's especially surprised I picked one "as difficult as Japanese."

I'm sorry. Chinese is much harder for an English speaker.

@moniker: technically yeah but I've never heard a Japanese businessman ever say "boku" while I was at the Mitsubishi building for three months.

Yeah, if Japanese is a moon language, Mandarin is fucking Pluto.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Fags say boku DUE.

Do you want to be a fag.

The thing is Feral is that English has nothing like tone inflection in the language. I mean, Japanese language structure is very Romantic and easy to follow.

:D hakujin :^:
    EDIT: That was a Birdman joke.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    When I was in Mexico City, people would look at me (the palest motherfucker in that country at the time) really confused when I would ask a question or order something in spanish because my inflection was slightly off. When I say slightly, I mean imagine someone ordering a "hamBURGER" instead of a "HAMburger" and the waiter having no fucking idea what they were talking about.

Mexico is a funny place.

Doc on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I am dying to learn 官話 and I would join the military for their language learning services because from all I've heard they're fucking fantastic.

Zimmy I got it. <3

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The thing is Feral is that English has nothing like tone inflection in the language.

Right.

The girl from the porch monkeys story above speaks a little Thai and has told me stories about her father fucking up the tone inflection while they were living in Thailand. Like when he tried to ask a waitress for a small glass of milk and ended up asking for a taste of her breast instead.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited December 2008
    Doc wrote: »
    When I was in Mexico City, people would look at me (the palest motherfucker in that country at the time) really confused when I would ask a question or order something in spanish because my inflection was slightly off. When I say slightly, I mean imagine someone ordering a "hamBURGER" instead of a "HAMburger" and the waiter having no fucking idea what they were talking about.

Mexico is a funny place.

They may have just wanted you to bribe them.

moniker on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ore is used by men in non-formal situations. Boku is elementary school boy, or polite conversation. Some girls are using Boku more and more though.

/massivefuckingnerd

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Goddamn.

Hey, guys, help me because I am retarded. I'm playing Chrono Trigger and this dude is telling me to run around a room three times, against the wall. Problem is the door makes me go off the wall, so I can't do it. What am I doing wrong?

Oh, shit, I've been going counter clockwise! Another problem has arisen!

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    Fags say boku DUE.

Do you want to be a fag.

Bonsai!
    (boom)
    Peanut.

Feral on

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hahaha

Especially funny because spoken Japanese is essentially retarded. As in developmentally stunted and simple compared to most other languages in the world. Fewer sounds, words and a comparatively stupid simple grammar.

Honestly Japanese is only hard because their writing is Chinese by way of Korea by way of fucking crazy.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Goddamn.

Hey, guys, help me because I am retarded. I'm playing Chrono Trigger and this dude is telling me to run around a room three times, against the wall. Problem is the door makes me go off the wall, so I can't do it. What am I doing wrong?

Fuckin' Spekkio

Hate that guy

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Ore is used by men in non-formal situations. Boku is elementary school boy, or polite conversation. Some girls are using Boku more and more though.

/massivefuckingnerd
    I've really only heard college students rarely use Boku in non-formal situations.

I have never ever ever ever heard a grown man say Boku.

@Riemann: Pretty much. I mean any American struggling with Japanese should not even touch Chinese or Korean. Sorry. You're excluded.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Dang. I'm totally out of food. My car is all the way at the other end of the allotment and there's no guarantee that it will start up when I get to it.

Maybe I should find a good wing place and order some wings.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Fags say boku DUE.

Do you want to be a fag.

I REALLY wanna show that episode to my middle school students. SO BADLY.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I would like to learn the language of squigglebox too.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Elendil wrote: »
    Goddamn.

Fuckin' Spekkio

Hate that guy
    Stupid fucking monkey.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Shoyu Weenie is one of my favorite episodes of anything ever.

Feral on

• Options
    edited December 2008
    Dang. I'm totally out of food. My car is all the way at the other end of the allotment and there's no guarantee that it will start up when I get to it.

There is no problem that cannot be solved with pudding.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Fags say boku DUE.

Do you want to be a fag.

Bonsai!
    (boom)
    Peanut.

Mmmm... Seiko desu... Unnnhhh....

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Suba-ra-shi chin chin mono
    Kintama no kame aru
    Sore no oto saru bo bo
    Iie! Ninja ga imasuuuuuuuu
    Hey hey let's go kenka suru
    Taisetsu na mono protect my balls!
    Boku ga warui so let's fighting...
    Let's fighting love!
    Let's fighting love!
    Kono uta chotto baka wa
    Wake ga wakaranai
    Eigo ga mecha-kucha Daijobu - we do it all the time!
    Hey hey let's go! Kenka suru--

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Even in highschool I knew that boku was for losers.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ah, sunlight eases the pain.

My real worry here is I need to bring my A-game Wednesday since I can actually do some progressive experiments then.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

too much pudding god

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Doc wrote: »

Mexico is a funny place.

Was your Spanish teacher from Cuba?

A former boss of mine was from Mexico City (as a side note, after 7 years in the US spoke English perfectly. Even odd little grammatical exceptions like "an" or "whom" or what have you). When he went to Spain had no trouble getting around. Was just a bit of an accent difference (according to him) comparable to American vs. British English.

When he went to Cuba he couldn't understand a fucking word of what people were saying.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Mmmm... Seiko desu... Unnnhhh....

Your nose is so small
    so button small

Feral on

• Options
    edited December 2008

/massivefuckingnerd
    I've really only heard college students use Boku in non-formal situations.

@Riemann: Pretty much. I mean any American struggling with Japanese should not even touch Chinese or Korean. Sorry. You're excluded.

While I do enjoy making shit up, I'm pretty sure I've heard my teachers use "boku" when talking to the principal. Also, one of my male teachers uses it a lot. I take it as a subtle politeness that people use around co-workers.

Having said that, most of my male teachers just use "ore," as well as me. Granted my vice-principal had to make fun of me before I started using it (I like being polite and showing respect to people, but sometimes it's a sign of closeness).

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited December 2008

too much pudding god

Two hunnerd and forty dollahs worth uh' puddin'!

Feral on

• Options
    edited December 2008

/massivefuckingnerd
    I've really only heard college students rarely use Boku in non-formal situations.

I think it's because the language used in most anime is some weird dialect of Japanese that no-one would ever actually use. Like they have invented a whole new language just for their cartoons.

And quite a lot of people learning Japanese in college are weeaboos.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited December 2008

/massivefuckingnerd
    I've really only heard college students use Boku in non-formal situations.

While I do enjoy making shit up, I'm pretty sure I've heard my teachers use "boku" when talking to the principal. Also, one of my male teachers uses it a lot. I take it as a subtle politeness that people use around co-workers.

Having said that, most of my male teachers just use "ore," as well as me. Granted my vice-principal had to make fun of me before I started using it (I like being polite and showing respect to people, but sometimes it's a sign of closeness).

Yeah I've had ore used to me. But you have more experience than me probably. I was only in Japan for three months in a highly formal setting, so.

@Riemann: Yup. I however was learning it because Japan was number two in GDP and we had a lot of business contacts in Japan. If I'm gonna be a business major, I'm going to at least learn a semi-useful language.

If I had more time (i.e. was a business major my freshman year and went all the way through instead of Computer Science/Physics and switching junior year) I would have taken Chinese too.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

too much pudding god

That is not a problem.

moniker on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So I am trying to make a clean map showing the medieval borders of the country of Estonia, in order to illustrate how, over time, the country has been conquered over and over again. It's really hard, because the people in medieval times didn't know how to draw maps that weren't full of shit.

I'm about ready to just copy and paste maps into my presentation and mail a letter back in time to the people who made these dumb things.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I approve of henna results. It has done exactly what I desired. Tomorrow there shall be pics.

radroadkill on
This discussion has been closed.