As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Suicide is [chat]less

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Podly wrote: »
    we should make a thread, in which we all nominate that poster P cannot talk about x, y, and z for three days in [chat]. If they do, they get banned for the remainder of those three days.

For example: Zen nominates that I cannot talk about Philosophy, Greek, and Buttsex for three days.

IF I do not talk about them for three days, however, Zen (or the nominator)gets jailed for three days.
    This is a bad idea and you should feel bad.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    we should make a thread, in which we all nominate that poster P cannot talk about x, y, and z for three days in [chat]. If they do, they get banned for the remainder of those three days.

For example: Zen nominates that I cannot talk about Philosophy, Greek, and Buttsex for three days.

IF I do not talk about them for three days, however, Zen (or the nominator)gets jailed for three days.
    If Podly does not talk about Philosophy, Greek, or DJing for three days I will get jailed for a week if he does not.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    SkillazSkillaz __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Kilroy wrote: »
    Seriously, am I the only person who never found Sarah Silverman to be even remotely attractive?

She looks like a goddamn horse.

You are the only person on the face of the planet who thinks this.

Skillaz on
    dark-knight-joker-close_11976582-3.jpg
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    moniker wrote: »
    It seems like her entire schtick is 'zomg did that cute girl really just say that?'

Yeah that pretty much is her shtick. There really isn't much more to it.

But I like that shtick. :)

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Skillaz wrote: »
    Seriously, am I the only person who never found Sarah Silverman to be even remotely attractive?

Based on his av, I am inclined to agree.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

That's fine, I'll ride that Jew Stallion.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Phase 1 of operation "clean up this pigsty I call an apartment before I leave for Christmas" has been a success. Mopping floors, vacuuming, and cleaning bathroom done. Tomorrow, phase 2: kitchen counters/stove and fridge.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    For those who seek perfection there can be no rest this side of the grave -Anon. (4th Edition Black Templar Codex)

Also

What is your life? My honour is my life.
    What is your fate? My duty is my fate.
    What is your fear. My fear is to fail.
    What is your reward? My salvation is my reward.
    What is your craft? My craft is death.
    What is your pledge? My pledge is eternal service. -Anon. (4th Edition Black Templar Codex)

Okay, all joking aside, I don't get why this is appealing.

How is that not cool? A living machine of righteous death. Awesome.

I just don't get it. Okay, he's a badass. He kills stuff. Everybody in Warhammer kills stuff. They don't do it particularly stylishly or with finesse or artistry, they just kill lots of stuff, all the time. And what are they killing stuff for? The right to kill more stuff? I dunno. All WH40K stuff makes me think of some writer sitting at a desk somewhere thinking, "How do we make this guy more badass? A big gun? Not bad ass enough! Make it bigger! Not badass enough! Make it ever bigger! Yeah! What does he do? He kills people! Not badass enough! He kills more people! No, not badass enough! He kills even more people! Yeah! Now he's badass! Big gun who kills people! WOOOOO!"
    I'm sorry you need good writing to enjoy things in game world. You must not enjoy many things in that department.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It seems like her entire schtick is 'zomg did that cute girl really just say that?'

BIG KITTY!

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    James wrote: »
    Zen could you link to that?
    Link to what.

The templar artwork. You said prints were available.

James on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

No, this is a pretty entertaining idea.

Leitner on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm sorry you need good writing to enjoy things in game world. You must not enjoy many things in that department.

Actually I think most game writing (video & tabletop) is ass, yeah.

I still enjoy video games though.

Even if I usually skip past any part where anybody is actually talking.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Whatever, horse-fucker.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Leitner wrote: »

No, this is a pretty entertaining idea.
    My counter proposal is we word filter Podly down to a limited, forum approved vocabularly permanently.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Link to what.

I said I would.

I have no clue if there are prints of it available since it was a cover of a Black Templar comic.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

BIG KITTY!

*yaaaAAAAAAAAAAAaaaawn*

Feral on

• Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Although, it's cool that even though you don't know how to read the damn thing, you can still understand what it means. Take that English language!

I've done the same thing with English words numerous times, and understanding what people are saying when they don't know how to say a word uses the same tricks so I've done it more still. It's not really unique to Japanese.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I love arabic girls. They have the most gorgeous faces.

Aren't those the one's that always have the sheet over their face?

You have a Sarah Silverman av.
    speaking of gorgeous
    I'd wreck that shit.

Wouldn't we all.
    I would do that even with the risk of loosing my long time partner.

she looks like a good transexual.

seriously. think about it. look at her.

Sir, I wish not to do this, for I have very great fantasies about this woman, now do not ruin it for me!

Fuck, now whenever I look at her I will always think, "Does she really look slightly like a man?"

She does. It sucks. I used to think "oh man I would love to have sex with sarah silverman while she says funny stuff"

Now I think, "oh man I would love to give sarah silverman the reach around while she says funny stuff"

I guess one way or the other it would be fun, eh?

At least she would give you the common courtesy of a reach around, I mean, amirite?

Probably not. She'd probably finish and say something very basic and rude but i'd find it funny and incredibly attractive and long for more punishment.

Um. . .what?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    My counter proposal is we word filter Podly down to a limited, forum approved vocabularly permanently.

I second this motion, and nominate "subject" and "object" as verboten words.

Feral on

• Options
    edited December 2008
    When it really boils down to it, they are really fighting for their right to exist.

THIS IS OUR INDEPENDENCE DAY.

James on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I don't have a hardon for Sarah Silverman too. I guess she can be kind of cute, but seeing her mainly from her show totally put me off.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Link to what.

I said I would.

I have no clue if there are prints of it available since it was a cover of a Black Templar comic.

Ahh, damn it all.

James on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Thanks to the internet not much shocks me anymore. And even if it did, the second time she said something the expectation would already be there so it wouldn't be a big deal anymore. If you're going to do 'offensive' humor at least make sure it's humorous in the process. Not just 'Wow, that's offensive. I guess I should laugh.'

moniker on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Also "phantasy".

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Mother Nature: 1
    Satellite: 0

To think, I went all this time thinking that our satellite television worked perfectly unless there was a horrible horrible storm. I never would have realized that it actually never worked at all if this cable commercial hadn't opened my eyes. Well thank god for that.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Feral there's some decently written sci-fi books(for sci-fi) in the 40k universe if you give a shit.

But I haven't read a sci-fi book since 9th grade, so I have no real frame of reference.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    goodbye [chat]

i am going to watch jingle all the way.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Whatever, horse-fucker.

Please be more polite when speaking about my fetishes sir.

I don't go around calling you all sorts of vulgar names. asshole

Skillaz on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    She looks like she can be the donkey from shrek in that avatar picture actually.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Although, it's cool that even though you don't know how to read the damn thing, you can still understand what it means. Take that English language!

I've done the same thing with English words numerous times, and understanding what people are saying when they don't know how to say a word uses the same tricks so I've done it more still. It's not really unique to Japanese.

I can't do it very well with English. And it's not spoken, it's written. Spoken Japanese is a whole other ballpark sometimes...

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

:shock:

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Res wrote: »
    Mother Nature: 1
    Satellite: 0

To think, I went all this time thinking that our satellite television worked perfectly unless there was a horrible horrible storm. I never would have realized that it actually never worked at all if this cable commercial hadn't opened my eyes. Well thank god for that.

I just like landlines. They tend to support faster transfer of more datas.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Feral there's some decently written sci-fi books(for sci-fi) in the 40k universe if you give a shit.

But I haven't read a sci-fi book since 9th grade, so I have no real frame of reference.

The most recent Sci-Fi book I read, which I just finishes this morning in fact, was "Stranger From a Strange Land" and it was an awesome book, I had never heard of Heinlen until last Monday when I bought this book from the half priced book store.

Skillaz on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Thanks to the internet not much shocks me anymore. And even if it did, the second time she said something the expectation would already be there so it wouldn't be a big deal anymore. If you're going to do 'offensive' humor at least make sure it's humorous in the process. Not just 'Wow, that's offensive. I guess I should laugh.'

"I was raped by a doctor. Which, for a little Jewish girl, is so bittersweet."

I dunno, I find that hilarious.

Feral on

• Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    OH SWEET ABC IS SHOWING PEANUTS SPECIALS ALL NIGHT

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Link to what.

I said I would.

Ahh, damn it all.
    http://www.comictreadmill.com/CTMBlogarchives/2007/2007_Individual/2007_04/001450.php

It's that comic.

Dunno where you could find a print, though.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Podly, did you name your testicles Subject and Object, respectively?

Feral on

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

propose "postmodern" and all derivative terms as well

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

I can't do it very well with English. And it's not spoken, it's written. Spoken Japanese is a whole other ballpark sometimes...

Doesn't matter whether it's spoken or written, if someone says/writes "quadriplegics are animals that walk on four legs" you know what word they meant to use. If you're reading a fucked up document and you only get three letters out of one word you can tell between context and those first three letters what word was probably next with reasonable accuracy.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Only when you stop spewing your philosaboo shit over here.

philosabooing does not use 8000 x 8000 jpegs

No, just 8000 x 8000 imagery.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
This discussion has been closed.