As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You got your Minotaur in my Dinner Dash!

xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Games and Technology
Play the game here, it requires you to have Unity installed:

http://blurst.com/minotaur-china-shop/play

So apparently the guys who made that totally awesome Raptor Safari game have raised the bar and made a spoof of Dinner Dash (and its ten million clones) of a Minotaur trying to run a China Shop.

Video here:

http://vimeo.com/2474951?pg=embed&sec=2474951

This is his china shop:

minotaur.jpg

The game is very simple, but brilliant. It gets funnier the more you play it.

Basically you're this big hulking minotaur that has problems walking in a straight line, who's trying to sell china to other mythical beasts. Hit a table, and the stuff on it might fall off and break, increasing the minotaur's anger. Get too angry and he catches on fire and goes on a rampage through the shop (which earns you insurance money). This attracts security, who try to subdue you with arrows.. so the race is on. Can you totally destroy the shop before the arrows kill you?

Or you could play careful, calm down, and just sell some fine dishes. But where's the fun in that?

With the money you earn, you buy upgrades to stats and new attacks. The goal of the game is to see how much money you can make in 5 days.

edit - some post-apocalypse images:

waste.jpg

spent.jpg

xzzy on

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I love this game. The best part is trying to be a good store owner and then going nuts when you accidentally hit something.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man, so many little games I need to play this weekend. Just went on gamasutra and saw about 10 that I want to try from their "____ of the year" lists, and now this sounds like a good distraction too.

Nice.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It seems like the way to "succeed" is to max out your inventory asap, get the arrow-shaking skill, then strength, then the speed burst and whirlwind (just because they're fun to use).

Once you got those you can clean the place out pretty good.. it appears once you got the arrow shaking skill, you can basically live forever.

xzzy on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This game is so. Awesome.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    OremLK wrote: »
    This game is so. Awesome.

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]