Options

moo [chat]

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I should go to bed or something like that.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    this just rocks: obama = nerd

BobCesca on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I don't understand why anyone would't want to know how to really hurt a person emotionally. Leverage is a good thing.

It's a disturbing kind of leverage to me.

What's so disturbing about it?

Because I feel like you're reaching deep inside of someone and yanking out what makes them tick. You're trying to destroy what makes them a functioning human being.

Sounds like a vulnerability to me. Maybe i'm just crass but it doesn't bother me at all.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I don't see the point of having 'leverage' in a relationship or friendship with someone that I really care about - I don't need an iron heel to stomp them down if they get out of line.

Well then you're not insecure or paranoid.

I'm probably insecure. I think my problem is that I don't willfully want to emotionally, mentally or physically damage another person unless given the most extreme of circumstances. I don't take any time or effort to think about what I could do to really damage a person. I feel like even considering something like that or wondering it would be some kind of underlying motive or symbol of a deeper issue. I don't know. I just don't like causing trouble. I mean, you know, except for trolling forums.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Medopine wrote: »
    That kind of decision is actually pretty disturbing. It may have been fine in this case but that reasoning is biblically retarded.

that obviously wasn't the only reason

there was also this conviction. of two different crimes.

judge has discretion to give jail or just probation, he used it.

My ex's dad raped her when she was 14, when he and her mom got divorced because he was beating both of them she told the lawyer and the judge in chambers what he did and begged him not to give her dad custody. The judge yelled at her for saying such horrible things about her dad and gave him 6 months custody. Use of judicial discretion to enforce the ten commandments sickens me.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    RallyGirl76RallyGirl76 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    need your advice; hurt my ankle today (swollen and blue) How can one fix this situation fast?

RallyGirl76 on
    Shoes are better than sex...almost!
    "So alternate, against the grain, anti establishment - so you're just a regular joe again, right?"
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I don't see the point of having 'leverage' in a relationship or friendship with someone that I really care about - I don't need an iron heel to stomp them down if they get out of line.

I'm probably insecure. I think my problem is that I don't willfully want to emotionally, mentally or physically damage another person unless given the most extreme of circumstances. I don't take any time or effort to think about what I could do to really damage a person. I feel like even considering something like that or wondering it would be some kind of underlying motive or symbol of a deeper issue. I don't know. I just don't like causing trouble. I mean, you know, except for trolling forums.

But how does that relate to actually having the power to do so? There isn't much disturbing about having the ability to cause that level of harm. Sure if you use it without any regard you may want to think twice about your conscience but other than that actually having the ability to cause emotional harm to another person shouldn't be particularly disturbing.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    need your advice; hurt my ankle today (swollen and blue) How can one fix this situation fast?

rest. ice. compression. elevation.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009

lots and lots of ice.

though actually, the blueness is worrying. Is it just brusing? any chance you broke it?

If not. Ice it and banadage it. Keep it elevated, though wiggle your toes a lot.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Possessing incredible power to harm another person is disturbing sometimes.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh but the law says that's okay so the fact that it sickens me proves that I'm the one in the wrong. Sorry, forgot.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

Amputate!

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    It could be broken, I have broken the same ankle before, it hurts nearly as much (i'm in such a bad mood.)

Feel of a jetski and hit my left side against it.

I have is up, on ice and wrapped (my family think I should unwrap it, not sure if that is good or bad idea.)

it is blue under my ankle down my foot.

RallyGirl76 on
    "So alternate, against the grain, anti establishment - so you're just a regular joe again, right?"
  • Options
    edited January 2009

But how does that relate to actually having the power to do so? There isn't much disturbing about having the ability to cause that level of harm. Sure if you use it without any regard you may want to think twice about your conscience but other than that actually having the ability to cause emotional harm to another person shouldn't be particularly disturbing.

Well, we all have the power to do a lot of damage to a lot of people at any time. You can't feel bad for just that. Are we really getting metaphysical about this? I mean, I am a fat dude who could beat up any number of smaller people, I could crash my car into innocent persons, I could selfishly destroy my own life or the lives of people around me, I could wander out with a gun and blow anybody away - but that's not what I am talking about, really ... that's not the kind of 'leverage' I am talking about, I am talking about actively thinking about how a girl might hate their mother, and if they get on your nerves you go, "YOU'RE JUST LIKE YOUR MOTHER" so you know that they'll yell at you and then cry later. I just ... I can't even think about that kind of stuff. The sound of a woman [that I care a lot about] crying makes my insides crush up and I feel sickish. I couldn't even stand it the last time it happened. It's weird. The one time I almost cheated on my girlfriend in college I got sick and almost had a panic attack from grief and guilt. I don't know. I'm a weird mo-effer.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I don't really understand why cows are likeable.

Maybe because they are kinda goofy? I guess that's a reason.
    They look totally brain dead and always fatigued and lazy

except for one cow outside this old ruined abbey we were at, who mooed angrily at us from right before the doorway like some kind of bitchy guardian

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n208/morninglord21/PacificBlackDuck.jpg

These guys are all over australia. I like them because they have that black marking that makes them look like they are smiling all the time. Most types of bird look either crazy or grumpy.

These ones are totally smiling at you, even the baby ones.

Wanna know how i got this scar?

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Honestly not having any power would be much more disturbing to me. Or knowing that another person could easily harm me, that'd bother me to no end.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Honestly not having any power would be much more disturbing to me. Or knowing that another person could easily harm me, that'd bother me to no end.

Protecting myself from others who might harm me does not mean I have to exploit leverage I might have over a person's psychological integrity. They're separate. I don't prevent someone from harming me psychologically by preemptively hurting them first. The idea is basically that some people are afraid of that kind of power. They wonder if they should even possess that much power. Power is tempting, and people are afraid of that temptation and they don't want to fall to it and become corrupted by it. They're afraid that they could cause so much grief so easily and they're afraid of what that kind of action makes them. Are they justified? Or are they monstrous, even though they might have felt justified at the time?

Edit: I'm gonna go to bed now.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    It could be broken, I have broken the same ankle before, it hurts nearly as much (i'm in such a bad mood.)

Feel of a jetski and hit my left side against it.

I have is up, on ice and wrapped (my family think I should unwrap it, not sure if that is good or bad idea.)

it is blue under my ankle down my foot.

the blueness is what's concerning me. How's movement (i.e. can you actually move it at all? level of pain, etc.).

If you were UK based I'd say to go down to A&E asap, but I don't know if you're like the people i the States who often say they're not covered or that it's too expensive (can't remember what Aussie healthcare is like).

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »
    the blueness is what's concerning me. How's movement (i.e. can you actually move it at all? level of pain, etc.).

If you were UK based I'd say to go down to A&E asap, but I don't know if you're like the people i the States who often say they're not covered or that it's too expensive (can't remember what Aussie healthcare is like).
    movement is to painful about a 8 on the pain scale.

I'm in Australia and have full health care, but i am rural at the moment, about 100k's out of town tonight.

I was hoping to ride out the pain until tomorrow as i need to head home.

Yeah, it wasn't blue when I first fell off at about 11am today.

RallyGirl76 on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    it sounds broken/fractured to me, but i'm not a doctor.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm going to bed.

Bob? See a doctor.

Later, kiddies.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I see your points (Sarksus, Ronaldo). But i'll have to consider the whole thing a matter of opinion. Because for me I guess it goes back to insecurity so while I understand your vantage point I also think that there's another perspective to be considered. I mean to be quite honest I'd like to know how to do that everyone because there's really no better leverage. IF needed. Keyword is if. While I wouldn't use it unless there was just cause or little ramification I think it'd be a handy thing.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »
    it sounds broken/fractured to me, but i'm not a doctor.
    yeah bob, think it is and my family have decided I must go to a doc now.

Thanks for the advice, nite nite all.

RallyGirl76 on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I see your points (Sarksus, Ronaldo). But i'll have to consider the whole thing a matter of opinion. Because for me I guess it goes back to insecurity so while I understand your vantage point I also think that there's another perspective to be considered.

Oh for sure. I'm not judging you one way or another for feeling what you do. I am just needlessly extolling my own position and what not.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Camwhore, on!
    n563210365_2884659_5788.jpg

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Elldren wrote: »

須藤元気

Your link reminded me of Mega Man. Then I thought about japanese. Then I thought about my favorite japanese dude.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I see your points (Sarksus, Ronaldo). But i'll have to consider the whole thing a matter of opinion. Because for me I guess it goes back to insecurity so while I understand your vantage point I also think that there's another perspective to be considered.

Oh for sure. I'm not judging you one way or another for feeling what you do. I am just needlessly extolling my own position and what not.

Yeah no judgment here either. I definitely understand how you can feel the way you feel but I guess i'm attempting to justify my feeling the way I feel through debate and discourse.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    At K-1 Dynamite! on December 31, 2006 he defeated Damacio Page by submission. After his win, and to the shock of the crowd, Sudo announced his retirement. He cites recurring injuries as one of the main causes of his decision but credits a sign in front of a urinal saying "one step forward" as giving him the inspiration to move on.

How cool is that?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer.

I drank some very good beer,
    That I purchased
    With a fake I.D.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So, I found a site with a bunch of Adobe Lightroom presets to emulate the look of various films. I currently sound like a stoner. "Look at the COLORS, maaaan!"

yalborap on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    When I was seventeen,

That I purchased
    With a fake I.D.

When I was 18, I got arrested at senior prom for minor in possession when my friend and I used his fake to buy booze.

The weird part was that the cop didn't arrest us at the liquor store, but instead followed us all the way to prom miles away and arrested us there.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    When I was seventeen,

That I purchased
    With a fake I.D.

When I was 18, I got arrested at senior prom for minor in possession when my friend and I used his fake to buy booze.

The weird part was that the cop didn't arrest us at the liquor store, but instead followed us all the way to prom miles away and arrested us there.

That's what you get for being a god damn tard, i'd say.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fuck me I am way too drunk and tired to fall asleep.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    When I was seventeen,

That I purchased
    With a fake I.D.

You should sing.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    ELLDREN!!!!!!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    ELLDREN!!!!!!

Quizzy!

Ok, more pillows.

サード アイ

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I am drunk!

And girl is all, maaaaaaaaaaan I don't know how I feel about relationships right now so Quizzy is sad.

MAKE QUIZZY NOT SAD!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I am drunk!

And girl is all, maaaaaaaaaaan I don't know how I feel about relationships right now so Quizzy is sad.

MAKE QUIZZY NOT SAD!

You deserve it.

Greeper on
This discussion has been closed.