As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

TV won't play VC games

RamiRami Registered User regular
edited January 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So today I moved my Wii into the main room so everyone could use it, and then when I went to play Super Metroid noticed that it won't display any virtual console games. Everything else works fine, but VC games just go to a black screen with audio or resets back to the main Wii menu.

It's an HDTV, but so is mine and i've never had any problems with that. The connection is component. My TV auto-sets according to it's input, but I tried setting the Wii to output in 480i and 570i (or whatever the PAL mode is) but neither of those made a difference.

Oh, and if it goes to a black screen with audio, hitting home to bring up the wii overlay menu does cause the current game screen to appear, but only as a static image. If I close the overlay the 'screenshot' of the game remains but it darkens a bit as if it's preventing screenburn (I tried turning that on and off too).

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
sig.gif
Rami on

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm not much help here, but I do remember some guy on youtube demonstrating that his HDTV couldn't properly display Neo Geo games on the VC.

SteevL on