Options

I traded the [chat] for it back in town!

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Flawless victories are the greatest. Keep in mind that at least one wipe is actually required, otherwise you won't know you achieved a flawless victory or just a really disgusting mess.

Also, fuck yes, I have chocolate pudding.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I wish I knew more about science.

Tav on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Starcross wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    Also, is this Drez guy the idiot that people were talking about weeks ago? He just popped into the LHC thread with something blatantly off-topic.

Yeah. FUCK. Total accident.

I PMed Thanatos to ask him if he could delete it. I don't see anyone else online.

Anyway, this is where I meant to post the following:

HAHAHAH

I love this D&D Tiny Adventures Facebook application. I found it on Medopine's page:

Encounter 8: Forest - Failed

A cute young elf girl was walking along the forest path, her arms full of expertly decorated ceramics. The elf was heading toward Richter when she tripped, flinging all of her delicate wares into the air.

Richter made a Dexterity check with a difficulty of 14 . . . and rolled 5

Richter stumbled forward to try and catch some of the objects. He caught two of them. Unfortunately, he also fell on one that landed without breaking, smashing it. The others crashed to the ground in a cacophony of ceramic shards. The elf child was grateful for Richter's effort. Richter was embarassed that he couldn't have saved more of the objects.

Richter took 3 damage.

Richter received 30 XP and 14 gold.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    basically pooping without wiping means your poop is dry. Which means you're probably dehydrated, or you were constipated. So yeah either way not a great thing really.

Ludious on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Starcross wrote: »
    Also, is this Drez guy the idiot that people were talking about weeks ago? He just popped into the LHC thread with something blatantly off-topic.
    :lol:

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Flawless victories are the greatest. Keep in mind that at least one wipe is actually required, otherwise you won't know you achieved a flawless victory or just a really disgusting mess.

Is..is this entire post about poop?

Tav on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    What's your name in Nile, Riemann?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Tav wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »

Is..is this entire post about poop?

This does seem to have become the poop [chat].

Starcross on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    I remember the time that I posted a question about tea into the Election thread.

The best part was how it still managed to start the conversation I was hoping for.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    My name on nile..believe it or not..is Ludious..if..anyone wants to be my friend..

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Is Nile a violent game. I don't want douchebags ruining my nice town.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I am loving learning maths. I just wish that our tests examined what we're supposed to be learning, instead of trying to find new ways of asking things in more difficult ways.

Tav on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    japan wrote: »
    wazilla wrote: »
    My gripe isn't with activation fees at all.... it's with the fact that if i don't extend my contract 2 years almost every phone becomes prohibitively expensive.

Phones generally are hideously expensive. Many of them cost a similar amount to a low-end laptop when the operator subsidy is removed.

People just don't think they are because they're used to the cost being spread across a contract term.

The problem is as follows... My phone is broken, it has been broken for some time now (month and a half? more?) and it's starting to piss my friends and family off... I figured I'd better get a new one. Seeing as how this is the 4th or 5th consecutive phone that has broken for no apparent reason from T-Mobile I kinda wanted to look into switching to a different provider but I have no idea when my contract is up. Unfortunately I require a phone in order to deduce such information. Even buying the phones third party is crazy expensive. I am quickly learning that cell phones suck a lot more than I remember. Since I've had so many phones break consecutively it's been approximately forever since I've actually had to pay for a new one... I just kept having them send me different shitty phones in the mail free of charge.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Thank you, Thanatos. I appreciate it.

Drez on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I wish I knew more about science.

Read "Bad Science" by Ben Goldacre. Science isn't as difficult as people think, or as the media portrays it to be.

He also has a blog.

japan on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    What's your name in Nile, Riemann?

Oh, yeah should have mentioned that. It is "Zhores".

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I am so happy that my phone is pre-paid instead of contracted. At most I spend about €10 a month on texts and that's it.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I like Sprint. They're very abusable. It usually takes them a little while to figure out that people are abusing their policies. There were a bunch of people who were able to do straight exchanges between the HTC Mogul and the HTC Touch Pro over the internet without any effort. The difference in value between these two phones ranges 200-300 dollars.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2009
    I'm Echo on Nile and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Echo on
  • Options
    enderwiggin13enderwiggin13 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Charmin Ultra Strong is the best toilet paper ever. It's a little more expensive, but you only have to use 2 sheets at a time...no more clumping 18 sheets...so in the long run it's cheaper.

enderwiggin13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I am so happy that my phone is pre-paid instead of contracted. At most I spend about €10 a month on texts and that's it.

I've been locked into T-mobile since I was on the ol' family plan... Ugh.

wazilla on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Hi5.

I do the same thing.

There is no contract in existence that works out cheaper for me.

japan on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Echo wrote: »
    I'm Echo on Nile and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Click on the little link at the top that says "Primer". It has a tutorial for what to do at the start.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I am loving learning maths. I just wish that our tests examined what we're supposed to be learning, instead of trying to find new ways of asking things in more difficult ways.

Sounds like they're testing your ability to apply what you've learned in different ways?

I wish more of my gradeschooling concentrated on non-linear thinking. Regurgitating what the teacher told us a few days prior was so freaking boring.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Hey guys we're all in the same little area.

Or is it just that there's so few people playing.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Gooey. You up for playing L4D after work? I want some Zombiemaimeryism in my life.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    yay I did the first parts of the primer does that mean I win?

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I am really quite tired right now and it appears to be making me type a lot of words. More words than I am accustomed to typing. It's time for a strongly worded email to T-Mobile!

wazilla on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    yay I did the first parts of the primer does that mean I win?

You never win, you dirty gloating 3 day weekend bastard.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Hmm.

If someone said "I have an LHC in my pants." wouldn't that mean they have a vag? I mean wouldn't something that collides with hardons require there to be a place for them to go?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Gooey. You up for playing L4D after work? I want some Zombiemaimeryism in my life.

we usually get going around 8pm cst if there's enough interest.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    yeah we ARE all in the same area. Added Echo, Thanatos, Sarksus as my allies.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Gooey wrote: »

Sounds like they're testing your ability to apply what you've learned in different ways?

I wish more of my gradeschooling concentrated on non-linear thinking. Regurgitating what the teacher told us a few days prior was so freaking boring.

This is going to sound vague and rambling, but they're not testing our ability to see what we know, because then most people would do really well (Since our level of maths, mostly differential calc, trig, algebra, complex numbers etc is very easy). Instead, they make very easy questions and ask them in difficult ways to throw people off. If I was able to understand what I'm being asked to do in questions, I would be getting A's instead of C's.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Like Ikariam the idea is to get stuff. This is not a game you play for for than a couple minutes at a time.

It basicially goes: Allocate your people to produce the kinds of goods you need. Come back later when you have enough to buy the buildings you want.

Upgrading your Palace is how you get more people. Upgrading the wheat fields, clay pits, reed beds and your 1 luxury resource (eg: bronze, emeralds, oil etc...) allows you to have more people producing more of that kind of thing at the same time.

Upgrading the brickworks, bakery etc... allows more people at the same time to turn more raw materials into finished materials.

Generally it is these finished materials you need to build more buildings and upgrades.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, I'm Thanatos.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    btw: I also added you guys as allies.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm Thanatos.

hi

im gooey

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    :D

'ello denizens of this most vile and lecherous lair of cretins

wotcher

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    japan wrote: »
    My gripe isn't with activation fees at all.... it's with the fact that if i don't extend my contract 2 years almost every phone becomes prohibitively expensive.

Phones generally are hideously expensive. Many of them cost a similar amount to a low-end laptop when the operator subsidy is removed.

People just don't think they are because they're used to the cost being spread across a contract term.

The problem is as follows... My phone is broken, it has been broken for some time now (month and a half? more?) and it's starting to piss my friends and family off... I figured I'd better get a new one. Seeing as how this is the 4th or 5th consecutive phone that has broken for no apparent reason from T-Mobile I kinda wanted to look into switching to a different provider but I have no idea when my contract is up. Unfortunately I require a phone in order to deduce such information. Even buying the phones third party is crazy expensive. I am quickly learning that cell phones suck a lot more than I remember. Since I've had so many phones break consecutively it's been approximately forever since I've actually had to pay for a new one... I just kept having them send me different shitty phones in the mail free of charge.
    Go pick up a T-Mo pay as you go phone, and just swap your existing sim card into it. You can find them for ~$20 usually.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I'm going to design an RPG for the BlackBerry (as soon as I can figure out why the IDE isn't fucking loading) which will essentially be not much more than clicking a button to gain experience.

It will be a social experiment.

Does anyone remember that web-based game which was similar to this a long time ago? You basically just fought shit over and over and over ad infinitum and your numbers kept increasing?

Drez on
This discussion has been closed.