Options

[Anime] I'm slowly beginning to hate almost everyone in this thread

• Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    So we're watching the trailer for Queen's Blade and had to wonder: is it Hentai?

I think they're trying to see how close it can go without going over, so to speak.

Slicer on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    He's been turfed out of two of the sub-forums by mods that I'm aware of, but for some reason they stop short of banning him and reporting him doesn't seem to go anywhere either.

Kelor on
  • Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Slicer wrote: »
    So we're watching the trailer for Queen's Blade and had to wonder: is it Hentai?

I think they're trying to see how close it can go without going over, so to speak.

So it's Kanokon but with a western fantasy setting?

Tertiee on
  • Options
    ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Jragghen wrote: »
    To be fair, it's not impossible for kid's shows to have some degree of depth.

Digimon is really great about this if you're not watching Saban or Disney's awful handiwork.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009

Digimon is really great about this if you're not watching Saban or Disney's awful handiwork.

FUCK OFF AND DIE.

JUST BECAUSE YOU BEAT YOUR GREASY UNSPEAKABLE MEAT TO IT DOES NOT MEAN IT IS SOMEHOW MORE THAN WHAT IT IS

Rust on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Area 88: Good so far. I'm recognizing characters left and right. Poor Shin, getting pressganged into a multi-year fighting contract like that. :(

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Agreed. I could say the same about One Piece, but shows like the Piece and Avatar are targeted at everyone, while with Digimon it's so fucking obvious it caters to children it hurts. I loved the first season as a kid; now I can't even make it through a single one of those episodes nowadays.

Big difference.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Tertiee wrote: »
    Slicer wrote: »

So it's Kanokon but with a western fantasy setting?

Could be. I think it's probably more Ikkitousen with a western fantasy setting, but I suppose we'll see.

Slicer on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Godfather wrote: »

Agreed. I could say the same about One Piece, but shows like the Piece and Avatar are targeted at everyone, while with Digimon it's so fucking obvious it caters to children it hurts. I loved the first season as a kid; now I can't even make it through a single one of those episodes nowadays.

Big difference.

The D-Reaper made me think of the Sea of LCL.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Big difference.
    One Piece and Avatar is Kid's, just like Digimon. Unless you're as close minded as Shimpy.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Big difference.
    One Piece is Kid's, just like Digimon. Unless you're as close minded as Shimpy.

Yeah, most anime is just kid's cartoons. Even stuff like Bebop is more for a tween/teen audience than anything.

But the base-level Mon shows are a few degrees below shounen series. And One Piece has got some real ingenuity in design if nothing else. I STILL WATCH LOONEY TUNES

or i would if they still aired it the bastards

Rust on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Big difference.
    One Piece and Avatar is Kid's, just like Digimon. Unless you're as close minded as Shimpy.

PikaPuff, I like you, so i'm not gonna go into this one.

I'll only say that you completely missed the point I was trying to make.

Godfather on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah @ Shrimpslosion ver. XVI

This is the classic Area 88 OVA, by the way. Not the one from last year.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Shrimpy, everyone here hates you, and most wish you would die. Take a hint and skedaddle.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Rust wrote: »

FUCK OFF AND DIE.

JUST BECAUSE YOU BEAT YOUR GREASY UNSPEAKABLE MEAT TO IT DOES NOT MEAN IT IS SOMEHOW MORE THAN WHAT IT IS
    Have you even seen the original version?

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    SHUT UP AND DIE

NO ONE WANTS TO ARGUE WITH YOU

NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT ANYTHING YOU HAVE TO SAY

you hang around impotently blithering about elementary-school japanese children's cartoons in between bouts of slick cheese-smelling masturbation, if people spat on you as they walked by it'd only be because it'd probably be the closest thing you took to a bath in days

Rust on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I've never caught Avatar but my understanding is that is considerably deeper than your normal childrens afterschool cartoon. Both the plot and characters receive a reasonable amount of development and the it deals with several issues that cartoons normally wouldn't dip into.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, so I hear. I've just been too lazy to bother following it, myself.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It's great, trust me. You really should check it out. The first season is kind of kiddy, but it matures over time.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Kelor wrote: »
    I've never caught Avatar but my understanding is that is considerably deeper than your normal childrens afterschool cartoon. Both the plot and characters receive a reasonable amount of development and the it deals with several issues that cartoons normally wouldn't dip into.

By the standards of Nickeleodeon, at least.

It's probably hyped a bit beyond its means because it's one of the only really good Western cartoons to come out in a while but it's still good.

Rust on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    SHUT UP AND DIE

It would be nice if you'd stop trolling. There's a few reasons why I wrote that script, one of which was to remove the big red button for people who have no self control when it comes to ignoring Clawshrimpy.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    SHUT UP AND DIE

It would be nice if you'd stop trolling. There's a few reasons why I wrote that script, one of which was to remove the big red button for people who have no self control when it comes to ignoring Clawshrimpy.

yes that's worked out so so well up to this point wouldn't you think

i'll just stick to straightforwardly calling him out as the bog-standard loser he is because lord knows this merry-go-round will go on until SOMEbody starts pulling infractions

Rust on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I dismissed Avatar based on its terrible protagonist.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    SHUT UP AND DIE

you hang around impotently blithering about elementary-school japanese children's cartoons in between bouts of slick cheese-smelling masturbation, if people spat on you as they walked by it'd only be because it'd probably be the closest thing you took to a bath in days
    Why do you have to resort to these levels of insults? and you didn't even answer my question.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Frosteey wrote: »

Wow. While I always liked him, he does mature over time.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Yeah. I kept hearing people talk about it, so I figured "what the hell, why not?" and set my DVR to record episodes when they came on. Waited a couple months or so, ended up with all the episodes but like...five, and started watching it.

It starts off as a typical kid's show, albeit really well animated - seriously, this show is extremely fluid and it works particularly well given the fighting is, by and large, martial arts where they rarely physically touch one another - and stays that way through most of the first season. There's occasional glimpses of how it gets later on, but for the most part the first season is fodder, up until the finale. Second season starts out back where the first season was for most of it, gets better early on with the introduction of Toph, then gets really REALLY good through to the end of the second season. Third season once more starts off lower, but gets great very early on and keeps pushing it through the end of the series.

I was genuinely surprised how enjoyable it was, and after looking around at other sites, really noticed a large number of parents who watched it with their kids, not because it's something their kids were watching, but because they genuinely enjoyed it themselves.

If you get a chance, it's well worth watching. Just realize that it takes a little bit to find itself, so to speak.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I dismissed One Piece based solely on art.

Gankutsuou, too.

I dismissed Honey & Clover on principle due to terrible OP.

I almost dismissed Code Geass and Gurren Lagann for noodle people and dumb looking robots, respectively.

:|

Avatar's pretty good. Good fights, fun characters.

Also, Shrimpy, coming from you that's pretty funny. Given that 9/10ths of your posts are quoting someone and then blathering on about something without actually addressing anything they said.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    SHUT UP AND DIE

Why do you have to resort to these levels of insults? and you didn't even answer my question.

We don't really care what you're talking about. Just get the hell out, already.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009

It's probably hyped a bit beyond its means because it's one of the only really good Western cartoons to come out in a while but it's still good.

I remain astonished that some of that stuff got through. Not even talking about violence and subject matter, but stupid things like open-mouthed kissing.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The only ways out of Area 88 are: Three years of service, earn $1.5 million, or deserting. I believe Shin is close to earning his $1.5million.

C'mon! More should check this one out. I'm gonna check out the remake after this one's done.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Yeah. I kept hearing people talk about it, so I figured "what the hell, why not?" and set my DVR to record episodes when they came on. Waited a couple months or so, ended up with all the episodes but like...five, and started watching it.

It starts off as a typical kid's show, albeit really well animated - seriously, this show is extremely fluid and it works particularly well given the fighting is, by and large, martial arts where they rarely physically touch one another - and stays that way through most of the first season. There's occasional glimpses of how it gets later on, but for the most part the first season is fodder, up until the finale. Second season starts out back where the first season was for most of it, gets better early on with the introduction of Toph, then gets really REALLY good through to the end of the second season. Third season once more starts off lower, but gets great very early on and keeps pushing it through the end of the series.

I was genuinely surprised how enjoyable it was, and after looking around at other sites, really noticed a large number of parents who watched it with their kids, not because it's something their kids were watching, but because they genuinely enjoyed it themselves.

If you get a chance, it's well worth watching. Just realize that it takes a little bit to find itself, so to speak.

The parental thing is quite the endorsement. I'm generally a fan of shorter, more... compressed anime, but I'll keep this in mind.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I remain astonished that some of that stuff got through. Not even talking about violence and subject matter, but stupid things like open-mouthed kissing.

And then there's Toph, who's like payback for every shoehorned-in "handicapable" kid in 90's-era cartoons.

Rust on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Jesuits wrote: »
    SHUT UP AND DIE

You can't kick someone out of a forum without a good reason, I'm not a troll, I just fall under this category:

"The poster has posted something controversial which is very likely to cause heated discussion."

And what is wrong with that? HamHam does that often.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    SHUT UP AND DIE

You can't kick someone out of a forum without a good reason, I'm not a troll, I just fall under this category:

"The poster has posted something controversial which is very likely to cause heated discussion."

except for the flaming and constantly acting like the wounded minority

oh wait no that was all in self-defense you are just a sick neckbearded babe in the woods

fuck off and die

also hamham does not lust after animated hamsters (that i know of)

Rust on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Oh, so you're intentionally being as irritating as possible without stepping over the line?
    Elki wrote:
    Don't troll.
    This has a working definition of "attempting to be as annoying as possible while still technically obeying the rules," and it's not the way to go about getting attention. Attempting to derail threads, posting off-topic bullshit, or flame-baiting are all verboten. There also tends to be a thin line between being abusive and immature and simply being argumentative. Crossing it persistently will lead to a ban.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    SHUT UP AND DIE

It's not so much something controversial. Rather, it's the fact that you're unable to comprehend the very idea that someone can have an opinion different from your own.

Oh, and the whole persecution complex you have going on.

Slicer on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Queen's Blade:Out and Out Hentai::Strike Witches:Out and out pedophilia.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    He has no hair, and a dumb blue arrow on his forehead. I could not root for that character under any circumstance.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    He has no hair, and a dumb blue arrow on his forehead. I could not root for that character under any circumstance.

He actually grows hair for a little while. Monk, you know.

I take it you hated Krillin, too?

(you are perfectly justified in hating krillin for any number of reasons)

Rust on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Shaved head. He has hair in the third season. :P

Arrows are tattoos which seem to be a societal thing with the air folks, although I'll agree that they seem odd and generally purposeless.

Jragghen on
This discussion has been closed.