As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Namco X Capcom X NIS X Gust X The Whole Universe

2»

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The girls will change their appearance and become even more attractive!

Highly disappointed that "Soul Series" wasn't Soul Calibur.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I seriously thought that game was for the PS2 when I saw the trailer.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    xYUUBINKYOKUxxYUUBINKYOKUx Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I seriously thought that game was for the PS2 when I saw the trailer.

I wish NIS would put out stuff for the 360 =/ I guess I should just be glad we get stuff at all.

xYUUBINKYOKUx on
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    A++++++ would watch again 10/10

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ehhhh

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, that's a bad sign.

(So how about that Sakura Taisen? :| )

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, after actually playing Chaos Wars I don't really have any faith that this is going to be any good whatsoever.

But it's for a system I have, so I don't really care.

But seriously, even aside from the incredibly bad voice acting, Chaos Wars stunk.

Schide on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Good rule of thumb: Idea Factory = crap.

So, Cross Edge will likely be 20% crap.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Houk wrote: »
    ehhhh

You still at NIS Houk? I'd have to guess "no" if you're looking to teach English in Japan (let me know how that goes on your blog, and friend of mine and I have both considered similar programs at one point). I'd also have to guess no since your comment wasn't exactly glowingly positive. But if you happen to know the guy you finds the voice talent for games like this, tell him he needs to re-evaluate his position in the company. Seriously, poor theatre students (or former theatre students like myself) would happily take VO jobs for free just to get exposure. And there was a ton more talent in even my community college theatre classes than what I heard in that trailer.

Awful.

EDIT: Then again you didn't pan it and I didn't see any mention of you leaving so maybe you are still there. If so, instead of giving the VO talent caster a call maybe you can just punch him in the face.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Fig-D wrote: »
    ehhhh

You still at NIS Houk? I'd have to guess "no" if you're looking to teach English in Japan (let me know how that goes on your blog, and friend of mine and I have both considered similar programs at one point). I'd also have to guess no since your comment wasn't exactly glowingly positive. But if you happen to know the guy you finds the voice talent for games like this, tell him he needs to re-evaluate his position in the company. Seriously, poor theatre students (or former theatre students like myself) would happily take VO jobs for free just to get exposure. And there was a ton more talent in even my community college theatre classes than what I heard in that trailer.

Awful.

For what it's worth, I think I can tell by the quality of an NIS game whether or not Houk worked on it.

(Hint: he was on the Prinny team)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2009
    Dibs on Houk's job.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    i am still at NIS, as the Japan thing isn't a lock so im not going anywhere until i need to make a final decision

as for cross edge, basically all i will say is no comment :p

and also that, ideally, the quality of the trailer isn't indicative of the quality of the final product. but im obviously biased, so it very well could be

oh and a quick general comment - not that im defending it, but sometimes you are not prepared for what you hear come from the actor's mouth. you hear their demo, like their sound, cast them, and then when they get in the studio...yeah. oftentimes you just have to do your best and hope you can pull what you need out of them, because for a small company like us recasting and inflating the budget for a major role simply isnt viable. it's not an excuse, but sometimes things just fall the wrong way.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    If they really are doing Sakura Taisen V, I sure hope you're regulating it.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    VothVoth Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sheep wrote: »
    I'd buy it, but O3 still owes me the Karous/Radiligy/Chaos Field compilation.

EDIT

Those fuckers.

That came out on Wii. Was there a PS2 version announced or something?

Voth on
    reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2009
    i am still at NIS, as the Japan thing isn't a lock so im not going anywhere until i need to make a final decision

as for cross edge, basically all i will say is no comment :p

and also that, ideally, the quality of the trailer isn't indicative of the quality of the final product. but im obviously biased, so it very well could be

oh and a quick general comment - not that im defending it, but sometimes you are not prepared for what you hear come from the actor's mouth. you hear their demo, like their sound, cast them, and then when they get in the studio...yeah. oftentimes you just have to do your best and hope you can pull what you need out of them, because for a small company like us recasting and inflating the budget for a major role simply isnt viable. it's not an excuse, but sometimes things just fall the wrong way.

Hey cookiepuss. What's the deal with Khemia 2? Are you guys even working on it or not? These rumors of June excite me, but the NIS silence worries me.

Aroduc on