Options

[OMNOMNOM on] Dawn of War 2: Realistic Nids!

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    evilthecat wrote: »
    Great.
    How many nades to kill your own warlock?
    How much time and resources invested to get him out of there?
    time the enemy can use to gain map control?

It doesn't even matter. getting stuck or sailing across half a screen after a teleported unit happen so rarely it just simply doesn't factor in, especially not when considering other forms of abuse that are far more prevalent at the moment.

Also: singularity charging your team mates is awesome! ;)

Like the Warlock's Iron Halo? Glad you agree.

hey, stop putting words in my mouth.
    the warlock is fine as he is.
    you're just too much of a girl to handle him, that's all!

oh and nice try zen, real mature!

Anyone in europe want a fight later?

Have you ever, like, played this game?

Because I don't think you have.

Or if you have, all the people you've fought are god-awful. I don't like to complain about stuff, but the Warlock is seriously too hard to kill right now unless you have energy drain.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It's not just warlocks, it's energy shields in general that need to be toned down. No regeneration, less damage absorb might be a neat start.

With the current state of the Eldar though the commanders will need some other boon, WSE especially.

Alegis on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    The warlock is only even remotely OP because he can decimate armies in seconds, can be invulnerable, or can make falcons invulnverable.

Really guys, you just need to l2play.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MedanMedan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I laugh.

Medan on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm telling you abloo bloo because a lot of other units have pathing issues and it's been talked to already to death.

Also, real men use the Warseer or the WSE.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    obviously, because anyone of a different opinion than you hasn't played a game at all and are therefore discredited from any further argumentation!
    whatever!

supression units are great against the lock, if he has he warp throw gloves then he isn't going to hod his way back to a full energy bar.
    less crying, more t1/2 harassing. having blade robe and heart is a major power sink, that would imply a late walker or falcon or deficits in other areas.
    but hey, let's cry some instead.
    that will make all better!

evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The Mekboy's energy shield isn't broken...it's fine. In fact...if it wasn't for the overcharge ability...it wouldn't be very good at all.

Oh wow...your right...I haven't been warp thrown in weeks...must be because they have to choose between that and complete invulnerability.

rts on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    What the fuck are you talking about.

Don't get all persecution-complex on us now.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    OK THAT'S IT!
    YOU AND ME BUDDY!
    LESSGO!

evilthecat on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Most of your power issues mean very little to me in a 3v3 context.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    "Most of your warlock bubble concerns mean very little to me in a 3v3 context"

evilthecat on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    OK THAT'S IT!
    YOU AND ME BUDDY!
    LESSGO!

You are like a schizophrenic squirrel on crack.

And the Warlock is still OP.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    It's true. They really are meaningless to me.

A bubbled warlock is candy.

But HoD + the Bubble is still broken in a 1v1 context. Virtually unkillable hero unless you have either a power draining weapon, judicious knockdown, or something that can kill him nearly instantly with the 4x health the shield seems to give.

If the bubble didn't give extra energy and health, I'd care a lot less.

Do you know how annoying the Force Commander would be if his Iron Halo gave extra energy and health?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    3clipse wrote: »
    OK THAT'S IT!
    YOU AND ME BUDDY!
    LESSGO!

You are like a schizophrenic squirrel on crack.

And the Warlock is still OP.

I'm taking that as a compliment and WHOOOA THERE PAL, I'LL TAKE YOU, TOO!

evilthecat on
  • Options
    MedanMedan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You will take two dudes at once... wow.

Medan on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I bet he would. :winky:

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I bet he would. :winky:

just for that I'm going to land the killing blow on your HQ with a ranger squad.
    RANGERS, YOU HEAR ME!?

evilthecat on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Rangers have their use. I tend to build one in every 3v3.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    HEH guys let's go I'll take you on with my OP hero HEH SCRUBS

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'll play him with the Apothecary HEH

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Goomba wrote: »

HAH, YOU SILLY MAN!
    MY HERO OF PREFERENCE IS THE FARSEER!

But knowing you and having lurked for 2 whole iterations of this thread you'll start whining about doom and the seer's council!

GO GO GADGET GOOMRANT!

evilthecat on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You are very lucky to get a Seer Council out in a 1v1.

Or your opponent has a lot of units to kill or you play bad but they don't kill you off.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Or your opponent has a lot of units to kill or you play bad but they don't kill you off.

Sorry but this game wasn't developed or balanced with 1v1 in mind, arena is designed for 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5.

evilthecat on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    What the fuck are you even talking about anymore.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I thought I was in a WoW thread for a minute, with the Warlock is OP, and balanced for 1v1, and arena talk.

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

HAH, YOU SILLY MAN!
    MY HERO OF PREFERENCE IS THE FARSEER!

But knowing you and having lurked for 2 whole iterations of this thread you'll start whining about doom and the seer's council!

GO GO GADGET GOOMRANT!
    I'm sorry WoW sucked the life from you and made you an insane husk of a person. :(

I use...d the farseer when I play...ed. She is pretty... decent.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I have to be honest here:

I am kinda sad I actually bought this game.

The beta before the patch was really fun, then it wasn't anymore.
    Then the campaign was really really cool and I loved it,but it wasn't 50€ cool.
    Now the multiplayer is a mess and I can not derive any fun out of it anymore.

What happened :(

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    my point was this:

I highly doubt that the game was balanced around 1v1.
    The same discussion has been done to death in regards to wow pvp, and as such doesn't need to be repeated here.
    I'm sorry if that reference flew right past you, ye of little mind.

evilthecat on
  • Options
    CanisAquilusCanisAquilus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Not really. Not at all actually.

600 zeal is not particularly significant, and the seer council is a billion times more op than the warlock.

It costs less than assault terminators, it kills assault terminators, its way faster, it regenerates health like they're all using fortune armour, and they all have the warlock leap except it goes twice as far.

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Most of the time I don't see eldar players get out Seer Councils.

But I'm only TS25 and I use the Apothecary/snipers, so that might have a lot to do with it!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The warlock is only even remotely OP because he can decimate armies in seconds, can be invulnerable, or can make falcons invulnverable.

Really guys, you just need to l2play.

Oh hey, hyperbole is fun. Show me one video, just one-of a warlock decimating an entire army in seconds.

Crayon on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Pop Providence + Earth Slash + Heart of Darkness v. grouped together blob

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Pop Providence + Earth Slash + Heart of Darkness v. grouped together blob

Oh hey, not what I asked. Like, not at all.

People who blob deserve that, or eldritch storm, or o. bombardment-or hell, anything. I want to see a video of a warlock decimating an entire army in SECONDS.

Crayon on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    That will kill a blob in seconds, which usually is an entire army.

You didn't say a spread out army on three fronts, so you're arguing by exception.

Blobs are a relevant tactic to the game and used very frequently.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Getting all that gear costs more than terminator armour, and its only effective if your opponent is retarded and keeps swarming your hero with melee troops over and over again.

So I guess it might work on nid players.

I almost never use that combo though because its so expensive, and only works on morons.

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You mean like Tyranids? awesomegu4.gif

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

600 zeal is not particularly significant, and the seer council is a billion times more op than the warlock.

It costs less than assault terminators, it kills assault terminators, its way faster, it regenerates health like they're all using fortune armour, and they all have the warlock leap except it goes twice as far.
    Yes, but. They also have an aura.

But at least they don't walk right up to your forces (I guess having guardians jump-attacked and banshees attacking the warlock counts as blobbing) and wipe them out with three AoE attacks in a row.

Also WoW is a (shitty) MMO and this is an RTS. And arguing that it's balanced (around 1v1 or 3v3) is stupid. Of course it's balanced around 1v1, 3v3 has too many combinations to even begin to be the focus of balance.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Getting all that gear costs more than terminator armour, and its only effective if your opponent is retarded and keeps swarming your hero with melee troops over and over again.

So I guess it might work on nid players.

I almost never use that combo though because its so expensive, and only works on morons.

Well since you can't really kill him there isn't a whole lot to stop the Warlock from running into your ranged units to do his aoe. The worst part about his shield is that the only way for Orks to really take it down is through melee....which...well just isn't an option against the Warlock.

When I play against the Warlock in 1v1 I usually stop trying to kill him at all once he has his shield. This is not because he isn't a threat....he does horrible unspeakable things to my army...but if I try to stop him or kill him...well he just won't be stopped or die..and now his army is perfectly fine as well. The only real option is to ignore him as best you can and focus on the rest of their units.

rts on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Yes, but. They also have an aura.

But at least they don't walk right up to your forces (I guess having guardians jump-attacked and banshees attacking the warlock counts as blobbing) and wipe them out with three AoE attacks in a row.

Also WoW is a (shitty) MMO and this is an RTS. And arguing that it's balanced (around 1v1 or 3v3) is stupid. Of course it's balanced around 1v1, 3v3 has too many combinations to even begin to be the focus of balance.

You probably should have retreated after the second aoe. Or even the first. There is an effect on the warlock when hes in providence mode. I really have no idea why anyone would go witchblade of kuronos/providence/HOD in an eldar mirror. I guess it'd be okay against banshees.

The immolator does more damage per swing and has an excellent guardian killing spell, and the mericiless witchblade lets one totally shut down the farseer.

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Canis knows everything on everything situation ever.

Zen Vulgarity on