As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sharing cut'n'paste between computers

EchoEcho ski-bapba-dapModerator mod
edited April 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
A few years ago I had an app that let me share what I cut and pasted between computers, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

It worked for both Windows and OS X, which is what I used it for - copy something on one computer, paste it on the other.

The company that made it had an animal in their logo, probably a dog.

Any ideas?

Echo on

• Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Synergy?

(Not the HL2 mod.)

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/user/rcm/WWW/RemoteClip/

You might try that, I can't find anything like what you're describing though.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2009
    After some ancient Tibetan meditation techniques coupled with intense googling (that also gave my own site as search results), I finally remembered: Spike, by Porchdog.

Sadly it seems to be discontinued, which makes me sad since it rocked. It had a history of the last X cuts/copies, so you could see the history on other computers and select one to copy to your own computer.

edit: I've used Synergy, but I had horrible problems with the mouse suddenly getting stuck -- on the other computer. Nothing short of kicking the reset button could get it back to working order, including killing the Synergy process. Which is kind of hard to do when the keyboard sends to the other computer.

Echo on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I deleted my post so I don't get banned, not sure how the mods would sit with an abandonware link.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2009
    And I deleted my reply where I express my love to thin air.

Echo on
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I also enjoy a fondness for air.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.