As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WH40K: They made a minature game for Starcraft 2!

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Bigob Skulbite.
    Question: When assembling tactical marines, do you glue bolters on before you paint? or after?
    Whichever way you want to do it.

Yeah, I was asking for the general consensus with these newer models, most of my poses have the marines holding the guns rather high, seems painting the iconography on the chest would be hard.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So is it true that you can squadron Griffons with other artillery tanks like Basilisks? Is it true that you can use Griffon rerolls to make the rest of your barrage more accurate?

TheBog on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I have a feeling either you can't now or they'll make sure you can't later.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    oooh, that generator generated "Gobnob" :P

Uzkop Gobnob?

Gobnob Uz'kop?

Gobnob Skulbite? (Thanks Gabe)

I'll keep a list :P

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Gobnob Skullbite sounds good, but you need an extravagant title to go along with it. This is a tournament army right? If so you should add to the title after every game

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I got a look at the IG codex last night in a nearby store. It was like holding solid gold.

Also, I can confirm that Stormtroopers are really expensive, and Deathstrikes are....interesting, in the way they work. I like them.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Question: When assembling tactical marines, do you glue bolters on before you paint? or after?

I do it after. I hate not being able to paint the chest.

And my Warboss' name is Skrag Bad Grimtuff.

SJ on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Progress on my marines is going well. 3.5 sternguard to paint, as well as thunderfire and gunner, vindicator, and predator. I should be able to get it done in a week.

Currently trying to decide what direction to go with my guard. This is basically what I currently have, though I don't necessarily plan to use it all...
    HQ: Company command squad(With mordians as the veterans, woop woop) - 50
    HQ: Command Squad w/ Creed - 140

Elite: 5 Ratlings - 50

Troop:

Infantry Squad w/ Flamer, Vox - 60
    Infantry Squad w/ Grenade Launcher - 55
    Heavy Weapon Team w/ Lascannons = 105

Anything:

Commisar w/ Bolt gun & Power sword - 47
    Commisar w/ Powerfist - 50
    Commisar w/ Plasma Pistol - 45
    Commisar w/ bolt Pistol - 35

Heavy: Leman Russ Eradicator w/ HB Sponsons = 180
    Heavy: Leman Russ = 150

Im thinking of a list like this...
    HQ: Command Squad w/ Vox, MoO, OotF = 115
    HQ: Command Squad w/ Vox = 55

Elites: 10 Ratlings = 100
    Elites: (10) Psyker Battle Squad = 110
    Elites: (9) Psyker Battle Squad = 100

Troops: Infantry Platoon =

Platoon Command - 30
    Infantry Squad w/ Vox, Meltagun - 65
    Infantry Squad w/ Meltagun - 60
    Heavy Weapons Team w/ Lascannons - 105
    Heavy Weapons Team w/ Mortars - 60
    Heavy Weapons Team w/ Missile Launchers - 90

Troop: Infantry Platoon = 155

Platoon Command Squad - 30
    Infantry Platoon w/ Vox, Meltagun - 65
    Infantry Platoon w/ Meltagun - 60

1500 points

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Raslin wrote: »
    Progress on my marines is going well. 3.5 sternguard to paint, as well as thunderfire and gunner, vindicator, and predator. I should be able to get it done in a week.

Currently trying to decide what direction to go with my guard. This is basically what I currently have, though I don't necessarily plan to use it all...
    HQ: Company command squad(With mordians as the veterans, woop woop) - 50
    HQ: Command Squad w/ Creed - 140

Elite: 5 Ratlings - 50

Troop:

Infantry Squad w/ Flamer, Vox - 60
    Infantry Squad w/ Grenade Launcher - 55
    Heavy Weapon Team w/ Lascannons = 105

Anything:

Commisar w/ Bolt gun & Power sword - 47
    Commisar w/ Plasma Pistol - 45
    Commisar w/ bolt Pistol - 35

Im thinking of a list like this...
    HQ: Command Squad w/ Vox, MoO, OotF = 115
    HQ: Command Squad w/ Vox = 55

Elites: 10 Ratlings = 100
    Elites: (10) Psyker Battle Squad = 110
    Elites: (9) Psyker Battle Squad = 100

Troops: Infantry Platoon =

Platoon Command - 30
    Heavy Weapons Team w/ Lascannons - 105
    Heavy Weapons Team w/ Mortars - 60
    Heavy Weapons Team w/ Missile Launchers - 90

Troop: Infantry Platoon = 155

Platoon Command Squad - 30
    Infantry Platoon w/ Vox, Meltagun - 65
    Infantry Platoon w/ Meltagun - 60

1500 points

Hah Psykers, awesome.

@TheBog: There's absolutely nothing that says you can't do that. I say go for it. You are hurting yourself a little by loosing a more powerful shell but you make up it with accuracy.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hahahahahaha what

Col. Straken gives Grey Knight Terminators Furious Charge. That's about ten kinds of awesome.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Played in a Team Tournament tonight using Chaos Marines for the second time.. My partner was Chaos Demons....

I fear I will be falling to Chaos :( We placed third, but should have placed second.. My partner didn't listen to me when I told him he should move some plaguebearers back to an objective a little early, and the game ended cause we got kinda slow played on the bottom of 4 :/

Oh wells

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Psyker battle squads are freaking awesome.

I can't wait to lower a units leadership to 2, and then tank shock them off the board.

Raslin on

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hahahahahaha what

Col. Straken gives Grey Knight Terminators Furious Charge. That's about ten kinds of awesome.

Dear lord. That's terrifying.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    kf1kf1 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I need an opinion on something.

While I've been painting my Guardsmen, I've been trying to avoid using the color scheme from the Cadian 8th. So of course, I ended up with something pretty damn close. I'd like to avoid stripping them and repainting, purely cause I'm running low on Simple Green. So, I'm left with three options, and I'd like some feedback if y'all wouldn't mind.

1. Leave them as is and fight for the glory of the 8th.
    2. Strip 'em and repaint
    3. Turn 'em into Traitor Guard using the scheme to trick their foes (or some shit like that anyway).

Thoughts?

kf1 on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    kf1 wrote: »

While I've been painting my Guardsmen, I've been trying to avoid using the color scheme from the Cadian 8th. So of course, I ended up with something pretty damn close. I'd like to avoid stripping them and repainting, purely cause I'm running low on Simple Green. So, I'm left with three options, and I'd like some feedback if y'all wouldn't mind.

2. Strip 'em and repaint
    3. Turn 'em into Traitor Guard using the scheme to trick their foes (or some shit like that anyway).

Thoughts?

I say 2 or do three but dunk them into black wash first just to darken them up.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited April 2009

2. Strip 'em and repaint

Thoughts?

Number three is the only choice.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    SJ wrote: »

2. Strip 'em and repaint

Thoughts?

Number three is the only choice.

Option 4

Cadian 8th troops that stole some gold (Or something awesome) and got transfered to a Penal Legion made up of a bunch of other bad-asses from other regiments.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited April 2009
    Ok, so... I'm pretty much falling to Chaos at this point...

Thoughts on these two model choices?

Slaanesh Deamon Prince:
    m1183652_99110201157_ColBelakorMain_445x319.jpg

Greater Deamon:
    m1251493_99069915041_DaemonsSkulltakerMain_445x319.jpg

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Just won a basilisk and chimera off of ebay, will have to work those into my list...

Raslin on

• Options
    edited April 2009
    Nax wrote: »
    Ok, so... I'm pretty much falling to Chaos at this point...

Thoughts on these two model choices?

Slaanesh Deamon Prince:
    m1183652_99110201157_ColBelakorMain_445x319.jpg

Greater Deamon:
    m1251493_99069915041_DaemonsSkulltakerMain_445x319.jpg

Skulltaker is way too small to use as a greater demon.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Hmmm, how small is he? It was hard to tell the scale without anything next to him in comparison... but, I figured he was on a termi sized base, so he had to be a decent size...

Nax on
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think Belakor (Deamon Prince) might be larger than the Skulltaker (Greater Deamon). Going by base sizes.
    edit: beat

I think skulltaker is normal infantry base sized. He's just an extra angry Bloodletter.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    skulltaker is basically a regular sized dude i believe.
    the demon prince idea would work.
    I hope you're not planning a slaanesh demon prince just to give him Lash tho.

Dayspring on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    sad. I want cool deamon models that aren't cookie cutter...

The cool converted army I used in the tournament this past weekend used the vampire counts zombie dragon that Zacharias rides as the deamon prince with wings... and Doombull from Beasts of Chaos as the Greater Daemon... Everyone was perfectly fine with that and did nothing but compliment the army/painting

(Note: This was not my army at all... A friend suggested I try it paired with another friends Daemons at the tourney)

Nax on
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It would work nicely with the model though. Just replace the sword with a whip. It's already got the "Yous mah bitch now!" point.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Dayspring wrote: »
    I hope you're not planning a slaanesh demon prince just to give him Lash tho.

After lashing a shoota boyz mob of 30 away from their KFF and killing 25 of them in one turn...Then in the next turn lashing another 30 shoota boyz away from thier KFF and killing the majority of them...

Yes, I am planning a slaanesh deamon prince just to give him Lash...

Nax on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Boo! Boo I say!
    There is loads of really cool stuff you can do with the chaos codex that doesn't involve lash.

As for unique big demons, have a look at http://www.ultraforgeminiatures.com/. Now GW so would depend where you play. Another idea for a greater demon might be the LotR blarog kit. Plastic, so nice and convertible.

Dayspring on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    While there are no GWs down here, and the local places I play at wouldn't care, I'd like to keep it GT/serious RTT legal.

There is a lot of cool stuff in the codex, for sure. Lash is crazy though :P And I'm not going Dual Lash or anything. Prolly going to be a Slaanesh/Khorne army.. Maybe have a Khorne Lord, and Noise Marines and Berserkers as my troop choices.

Nax on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Noise marines are awesome, an excellent all round choice. Heavy 3 sonic blasters? Excellent mid-range defensive unit. Switch to assault 2 mode and they're excellent mid range offensive troops. Give them a champion with a power weapon and with init 5 and BB/CCW as standard you'll butcher a good deal of stuff in close combat. Oh, and don't forget the Doom siren, a lovely ap3 heavy flamer.

One of the best things about chaos marines in general is icons give them some of the most reliable deep striking around. combine that with cheap but excellent demons and cheap and combi-weapon filled terminators and you have some real flexibility on the battlefield.

Dayspring on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    The list I've played a few times before, and that I played in the tournament was:

Deamon Prince w/ Lash, Wings
    Greater Deamon

7 Noise Marines, Noise Champion w/ 7 Sonic Blasters, Doom Siren, Personal Icon
    9 Chaos Marines, Aspiring Champion w/ 2 Melta Guns, Chaos Glory

3x Obliterators

Everything performed so very well... except the Obliterators.. who died in all four games I've played without doing a damn thing

Nax on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Obliterators are good, but everyone knows they're good so they are pretty much a high priority target

Dayspring on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I think I'm going to try and stick with them... but I think I'm going to deep strike them from now on...

Nax on
  • Options
    It BurnsIt Burns Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sooo... I have an imperial guard fluffy bunny in PDF. Will be uploading it somewhere soon. :winky:

It Burns on
    The slowest painter. Ever.
  • Options
    alqadimalqadim Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Played my Orc's this weekend. Did a couple 1500 point games and a gladiator style game, my poor stompa was disabled most of the damn game but finally killed some stupid tau and eldar ;) Sorry I am no cunning linguist like some of you guys so no battle reports for me. Just a few random pics of our games. [Please ignore the massive pile of baby items behind me my wife is 7 months pregnant and her nesting is taking over my damn game room at the moment.

DSCF9011.jpg
    DSCF9015.jpg
    DSCF9010.jpg

Also The fateful eldar pathfinders 2+ cover save roll against my lootas fusillade of fire on the last part of the last turn of the game as the 5 of them sat crouched on an objective. The net result of this roll, was much loud cursing, me air humping the couch in the game room, and my pregnant wife and three year old daughter cracking the door open to peek outside to make sure we were not being molested by lycanthropes.
    DSCF9014.jpg

alqadim on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    It Burns wrote: »
    Sooo... I have an IG codex leak in PDF. Will be uploading it somewhere soon. :winky:

I've already printed it out was well as putting it on my iPhone. :winky:

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited April 2009
    You guys could be a little more stealthy about it y'know. Just saying.
    Nice pics alqadim!

Dayspring on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I already put it on my work computer.

If anyone wants to complain, I will take a picture of my codex pre-order receipt :P

Raslin on

• Options
    edited April 2009
    Dayspring wrote: »
    You guys could be a little more stealthy about it y'know. Just saying.
    Nice pics alqadim!

Sorry, fixed my post.

It Burns on
  • Options
    Ultros64Ultros64 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I am salivating at the thought of reading that new codex.

The Deathstrike Missile.

My God.

Ultros64 on
    It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    It's uploaded but rapidshare only allows 10 downloads and I already got 3 PMs. So... the next seven can get it from me, then someone else can upload or email it around.

We're talking about Fluffy Bunnies. They are awesome and tasty. PDFs about Bunnies

It Burns on
This discussion has been closed.