DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Giant Purple Griffin needs a toy

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    My brother suggested a toy of Sari in her armor with the jetpack. I think that would at least be interesting, they made a toy of Kicker, after all.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »

Actually he had ten no matter what. The Devil Gigatron mold in Japan however was redone to accomadate them the original was not. Hasbro probably just didn't want to pay for two molds that had such minor differences.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    You know, I wouldn't mind seeing more of this Megatron. He's got some potential.

Shatteredglassmegatrondecepticons.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    God I fucking hated Shattered Glass. For me, the only redeeming quality was the return of Side Burn, and that's ONLY because I loved RID.

awesome poster:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=17680

edit: Who do I have to kill to get these guys a two pack? Voyager Straxus and Mini-Con sized Scrounge minus the port would be the best.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    He probably doesn't count, but my favorite has to be Galvatron. Specifically, the comics Galvatron.

Why? Sheer. Cackling. Madness.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Talking about these alternate Megatrons got me thinking. Do you think an animated show based on the stuff they're doing/did with Universe and Transtech would go over well or do you think future shows oughta stay contained within just one timeline?

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Talking about these alternate Megatrons got me thinking. Do you think an animated show based on the stuff they're doing/did with Universe and Transtech would go over well or do you think future shows oughta stay contained within just one timeline?

Do a Universe show with a rotating cast, and that would be sweet. Different crews of good guys and bad guys on various planets each episode, battling to defend or conquer the area. Season 1 finale would involve the TransTech.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I am for anything that gives us an opportunity to see more Waspinator.

and more so.

I'm for anything where Waspinator does have to suffer the universe shitting on his head.

Why universe hate Waspinator?

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Schide on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Wheelie looks pretty cool, actually
    but ROTF Megs looks like a dork.

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Schide wrote: »

Bah you have to register to view the pictures D:

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Buttcleft wrote: »

Bah you have to register to view the pictures D:

Oh yeah. Here's a good comparison pic.

RotFWheelie-1.jpg

Schide on
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    You know how in Power Rangers, every season they've been doing an episode where there's like a class-reunion of Red Rangers? No? Well fuck it they do.

I want to see that ... but with Megatrons from every other universe and dimension. Also, an equally large faction of Starscreams attempting to overthrow said Megatrons.

Oh yeah, I'd watch the shit outta that.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    1139283386238.jpg

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    good grief that Wheelie toy is horrific

it's like they tried to make the ugliest robot they could

which, actually, is oddly fitting for Wheelie

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    wheelie looks kinda like the bastard offspring of Johnny 5 and something horrible.

Melding on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think if the G2 Megatron had been the original Megatron (but, you know, with better paint, cuz, fuck green and purple), it would have worked out a lot better. Cuz, I mean, a fucking gun? You know what they say about that...
    58200851809PM_megatron.jpg

e:
    You know how in Power Rangers, every season they've been doing an episode where there's like a class-reunion of Red Rangers? No? Well fuck it they do.

Like this?
    powerrangerswe1.jpg

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I always liked
    how Megatron's terrifying fuckoff cannon
    is actually the scope of his gun mode

the real barrel sits on his back and does nothing

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009

I want to see that ... but with Megatrons from every other universe and dimension. Also, an equally large faction of Starscreams attempting to overthrow said Megatrons.

Oh yeah, I'd watch the shit outta that.

BW Megatron would totally take the lead and force the others into subjugation.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    BW Megatron would trick the other Megatrons into blowing each other up

except for G1 Megatron, who would end up being tricked into doing what BW Megatron wanted while thinking it was all his own idea

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Tox wrote: »
    I think if the G2 Megatron had been the original Megatron (but, you know, with better paint, cuz, fuck green and purple), it would have worked out a lot better. Cuz, I mean, a fucking gun? You know what they say about that...

I dunno, I think a tank's not a bad upgrade for an alt-form for Megs. The Japanese-version of the Classics toy does seem to help your theory out though.

Henkei_Megatron_Toy.jpg

It definitely looks better then the paint job here in America.

Megatronclassicstoy.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hahaha looks like a NERF gun.

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I was about to say "They made a Mavrick Megatron?"

Melding on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    yeah the G1-coloured classics megatron is really damn nice
    from what I've seen, those great big slabs of plastic hanging off his back are actually attached by little clips which come right off and make him a zillion times better looking

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    They should have just made him a tank.

Tox on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

They did.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

They did.

I mean from the beginning.

Tox on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    "they" didn't exactly make anything from the beginning
    the genesis of Transformers essentially came from taking a bunch of Japanese toys of different lines and slapping them into a unified fiction which they then developed from

the toy that became Megatron was originally from a toyline of to-scale items that turned into little robots
    like Browning! th_emot-eng101.gif

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    This is my favorite image on the wiki.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    "they" didn't exactly make anything from the beginning
    the genesis of Transformers essentially came from taking a bunch of Japanese toys of different lines and slapping them into a unified fiction which they then developed from

the toy that became Megatron was originally from a toyline of to-scale items that turned into little robots
    like Browning! th_emot-eng101.gif

Yeah, and I think they borrowed a few toys from other lines too. Transformers was originally the Robotech of toys.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Er, what? G2 Megatron WAS the original Megatron. G2 only continuity, the comics, were a direct continuation of the marvel G1 line. In fact, there's a Transformers/G1 crossover showing how Megatron gets his new G2 body. (He has Cobra build it for him, long story short.)

...Unless you mean that G2 Megatron should have been the Megatron design from day one, in which case forget I said anything. :D

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

No, every season they have the previous team team-up with the current team.

Forever Red was a one time thing.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Er, what? G2 Megatron WAS the original Megatron. G2 only continuity, the comics, were a direct continuation of the marvel G1 line. In fact, there's a Transformers/G1 crossover showing how Megatron gets his new G2 body. (He has Cobra build it for him, long story short.)

...Unless you mean that G2 Megatron should have been the Megatron design from day one, in which case forget I said anything. :D

That one.

Tox on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Melding wrote: »
    wheelie looks kinda like the bastard offspring of Johnny 5 and something horrible.
    Actually you can probably thank WALL*E more than J5.Expect Wheelie to be the big hero who almost dies stopping Devastator but is saved by giving him um let's say Bumblebee's power converter wire.

In case you doubt my observation I suggest you track down Wheelie's tech spec bio.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh hey, a TF thread.

I've been on a pretty intense Transformers kick lately for reasons that are a mystery to me. Probably due to spending way too much time on that wiki. Fucking thing's a bigger time sink than TV Tropes.

Also the best Megatron is indeed the BW version. Or Animated. Just not G1. God no.

Furu on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well, the G1 version in IDW's series was pretty cool until the series got hit over the head with the suck stick. His beatdown of Starscream was probably one of the best ever.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Well, the G1 version in IDW's series was pretty cool until the series got hit over the head with the suck stick. His beatdown of Starscream was probably one of the best ever.

How exactly did he get hit with a suck stick?

Owenashi on
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Speaking of comics, there will always be a part of my soul that is continually lacking for as long as War Within remains unfinished.

Come on, IDW, just give me one more issue. Pick up the series and give me one more fucking issue!

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!