Options

Table-top RPGers Assemble! (Non-DnD)

EvilPinderEvilPinder Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in PAX Archive
Right, then. Who plans to run something at PAX Prime? Who wants to play something specific?

I want to play Apocalypse World, anything Savage Worlds, Reign (or other ORE game), Dragon Age RPG, any FATE iteration, 3:16, Microscope, Mouse Guard, Shadow Sword & Spell, and Risus.

I will GM Strands of Fate, anything Savage Worlds, and maybe Risus.

Let's get something going.

-EP

EDIT: see also the DnD-specific thread EDIT- That thread died of loneliness.

EDIT 2: I wonder if I should have posted this after the schedule is released...

EvilPinder on

• Options
    MattauiMattaui Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    While I'm sure the official schedule might shed more light on what's going to be running there, no reason we can't chat about it here on the forums. I've always wanted to try out Savage Worlds. Ideally I'd like to play some Pathfinder, too. I've been asking over at Paizo what they've got planned for PAX (They're located in Redmond I believe), but I think they might not be focused on any sort of presence because they just did their own Paizocon. Still, a booth might be nice.

I haven't had the chance to play or run any Shadowrun or GURPS in ages, those would be fun.

Mattaui on
  • Options
    EvilPinderEvilPinder Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    There's a Savage Worlds cyberpunk setting called Interface Zero that might scratch two itches at once. I bought the pdf but haven't picked up the hardcopy yet. Once the schedule is up I'll try to pin down a time to run something. Stay tuned...

EvilPinder on
  • Options
    Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm waiting on the schedule as well, but I wouldn't mind spending 2-4 hours on something new. You have no idea how sick I am of DnD. Not hating on it I've just played it relatively a lot and it's not my favorite.

Gene Parmesan on
  • Options
    jjcardjjcard Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    There is a light hearted, weird little game that has taken my group of friends by storm. It came from Japan, so its really weird, but fun. Its called Maid RPG. It is really easy to roll characters and stuff. The games can can.....awkward if you let them, but we are all new to DMing, so maybe that's it, idk.

Haven't played much else besides Dark Hersey, world of darkness, firefly, a little DnD(4.0) and the WoW RPG. Really up for anything though.

jjcard on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    jjcard wrote: »
    firefly

I use to gm firefly and I had a blast doing so. If enough people are interested I'd be up for writing a one shot up

Gene Parmesan on
  • Options
    palmerpalmer Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If I wanted to play awkward japanese girls in an RPG, I'd go with Panty Explosion :)

I love FATE, Savage Worlds is OK... Risus is awesome.

What I would REALLY love a chance to play would be Don't Rest Your Head.

palmer on
  • Options
    DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I've desperately been wanting to try Fiasco

DeliciousTacos on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I would like to throw down a game of Paranoia, I'd also be willing to GM a game of Deadlands. Maid is pretty funny if you get the right group going...

Or I could just make you all suffer and run 8-Bit Dystopia for Savage Worlds.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Matev wrote: »
    I would like to throw down a game of Paranoia.

I would LOVE a game of Paranoia, I've heard nothing but good things.

Gene Parmesan on
  • Options
    Kilo147Kilo147 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just picked up the Exodus/Fallout RPG book. Never played a RPG in my life that isn't dumbed down for the computer. Anyone familiar with these, and any chance I can get in on that? I'd like to pop my RPG cherry with something suitably post-apocalyptic.

Kilo147 on
    enforceruserbarprime.png
    PAX '04
    PAX '11

Tango down, Kilo147 out.
  • Options
    DDiceDaveDDiceDave Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Hello All,

I was just wondering if anyone attending PAX Prime 2011 is interested in getting together to play some Dragon Dice? Yes, that game, the one that was originally made by TSR in 1995 and is currently being produced by SFR Inc. (since 2000), but more on that at another time.

First, I need/want to Thank the moderator for graciously allowing me to post this thread! :D

I've been a collector/player of Dragon Dice for many years. I was delighted to discover some people demoing the game last year at PAX. A few retailers had product in stock. I think that this year will be the same.
    I was just wondering if anyone would like to play a few games. I'll be hanging out mostly in the Table Top area. You can find me pretty easily, I'll probably be playing a game of DD. :lol:

Thank You for your time, See you at the Show!
    -Dave

DDiceDave on
    Volunteer Representative for
    SFR Inc. (Makers of Dragon Dice & Daemon Dice)
  • Options
    tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Sounds pretty fun man, whats the basic rules for the game? Is it similar to D+D?

tokyodove on
  • Options
    DDiceDaveDDiceDave Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Actually it's a strategy game that has CCG and Miniature type similarities. It's a collectible/expandable dice game where each die represents a specific character & class. You build/design armies to win one of 2 ways: (1) Capture 2 out 3 terrains on the "board" (2) Completely annihilate your opponent. The best way to describe it, is that it's a multi-faceted/level 'rock, paper, scissors (lizard, Spock)' type of game. The best strategy in the world won't help if the dice don't roll right. The reason for the name Dragon Dice is that it's possible to summon dragons on your opponent and let them do the fighting for you, but beware, they could turn on you.
    It's very exciting and very unpredictable and definitely lots of fun!

Thanks for asking about DD! Hope to see you at PAX!
    -Dave

DDiceDave on
    Volunteer Representative for
    SFR Inc. (Makers of Dragon Dice & Daemon Dice)
  • Options
    edited July 2011

It's a riot as long as everyone gets into the spirit of the game. So I'll start writing a scenario for PAX. :twisted:

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited July 2011

It's a riot as long as everyone gets into the spirit of the game. So I'll start writing a scenario for PAX. :twisted:

great, I'll read up on it a little beforehand. Let me know if you need a few more players.

Gene Parmesan on
  • Options
    Kilo147Kilo147 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Anyone want to spend all of PAX making characters in FATAL?

I jest. But really, I want to get some post-apocalyptic action in.

Kilo147 on
    enforceruserbarprime.png
    PAX '04
    PAX '11

Tango down, Kilo147 out.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    great, I'll read up on it a little beforehand. Let me know if you need a few more players.

Paranoia is best played with a full crew of 6 players. So 5 more slots open at the table! :)

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    does anybody play the world of warcraft tcg? i dont play the game per se but i collect the cards, if anybody has a bunch of cards they want to trade ive got a stack of doubles about 2 inches thick

• Options
    does anybody play the world of warcraft tcg? i dont play the game per se but i collect the cards, if anybody has a bunch of cards they want to trade ive got a stack of doubles about 2 inches thick

• Options
    Game Show ManGame Show Man Registered User regular
    Is anyone running any games of Star Wars Saga that weekend? I wouldn't mind playing/running a game or two.

"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
    captvangin@aol.com
    www.facebook.com/GameShowMan

"Go get my space-battlecruiser. I wanna go blow some shizznit up."
  • Options
    HeyJoeHeyJoe SeattleRegistered User regular
    I am itching to try Dragon Age, Mouseguard, Pathfinder, and Savage Worlds (particularly Deadlands setting).

• Options
    deadwing34deadwing34 Registered User regular
    I would love to play any of the Fantasy Flight Warhammer 40k RPG's. I am hoping Black Crusade will be released by then.

• Options
    clethraclethra Registered User regular
    Matev wrote:

Paranoia is best played with a full crew of 6 players. So 5 more slots open at the table! :)

Ooh! Paranoia is awesome, and my group is asking me to run a mini-series. I'd love a warmup as a player!

• Options
    edited July 2011
    clethra wrote:
    Ooh! Paranoia is awesome, and my group is asking me to run a mini-series. I'd love a warmup as a player!

Oh, I'm sure I can warm you up citizen. Report for reactor shielding pronto! :D

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Gate28Gate28 Registered User regular
    I really want to play Black Crusade. If it's not too dissimiliar to Dark Heresy I'm sure I can hunt down a module and DM it during PAX, unless someone who already knows Black Crusade would do it.

• Options
    deadwing34deadwing34 Registered User regular
    Gate28 wrote:
    I really want to play Black Crusade. If it's not too dissimiliar to Dark Heresy I'm sure I can hunt down a module and DM it during PAX, unless someone who already knows Black Crusade would do it.

Black Crusade is not out yet, but the rule book is due to be out in August sometime. I do have the preview adventure that they gave out for free RPG day. The preview adventure is also up on their website as well. The rules are very similar to Dark Heresy.

• Options
    BowzachiBowzachi Registered User regular
    I would really like to try out the indie RPG Dread (the one that uses Jenga blocks) mostly just so I can understand how the game is played so I can run it myself.

• Options
    jackmessiahjackmessiah Registered User new member
    is there a signup for any of these games, or is it just sort of "raise your hand" in the forums? fourth pax and this year i want to get in on some of the actual rpg stuff for once. interface zero and paranoia sound really cool if i can reserve a seat or whatnot.

"nothing can happen until you swing the bat" -amaro "FLCL"
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I'm into WoD/Vampire/Mage stuff, but I'm not sure how viable it would be to run a one-shot game of that sort at PAX.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    is there a signup for any of these games, or is it just sort of "raise your hand" in the forums? fourth pax and this year i want to get in on some of the actual rpg stuff for once. interface zero and paranoia sound really cool if i can reserve a seat or whatnot.

Thanks for signing up for Mandatory Bonus PAX Duty Citizen, I'm certain the other troubleshooters are just as wowed as we are by your willingness to step into the face of certain death and destruction.

(I really, really like running Paranoia in case it wasn't obvious)

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    LochielLochiel Registered User regular
    Apocalyptic science fiction with black humor?

Citizen Requesting Access.

• Options
    I'm sorry citizen, access is above your security clearance.

(Not really of course, you're welcome to come along)

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    AhmeaAhmea Registered User new member
    I haven't played Paranoia in ages... I'd love to hop in on a game. And I'm willing to give most any game a try, whether I've played it before or not.

• Options
    Excellent, love seeing so much interest. I just started ginning up the game tonight and it seems like it's going to be a real hoot

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    palmerpalmer Registered User regular
    I would also like to drink the Bouncy Bubble Beverage

• Options
    And there's 6! Sounds like this is gonna be good times. Might even feel feisty enough for another run if more wanna get in on this madness.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    perinigriconperinigricon Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm also tempted to DM a one-shot of Paranoia if people are interested.
    And this is officially D&D (but old D&D), but I really want to run Gygax's Alice in Wonderland 1E modules, possibly upgraded to 2 or even 3.5 if necessary.

perinigricon on
  • Options
    perinigriconperinigricon Registered User regular
    clethra wrote:

Just be sure not to read anything above your RED clearance before you play, Citizen. Friend Computer is watching even now.

• Options
    MortonStromgalMortonStromgal Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote:
    I'm into WoD/Vampire/Mage stuff, but I'm not sure how viable it would be to run a one-shot game of that sort at PAX.
    Completely possible though it is a bit harder to find players for.

• Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Am I cleared to know about this Paranoia game? If so, I would like to play. If not... well, there goes another one of my clones.