As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All Purpose Transformers thread: {NSF56K}Reaching the Omega Point

AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was RightGates of SteelRegistered User regular
edited June 2009 in Social Entropy++
Ok, time to jump ship. This is the new Transformers thread

Current Franchises:
Universe:
New versions of your favorite characters, as well as some guys you've never even heard of, a celebration of the 25 year old brand. Going on hiatus starting in May for the movie.

Animated:
The current Transformers cartoon, a blend of previous franchises. Some complain about its animation, but the stories are widely regarded as well done. Rumor is that it'll be canceled this year.

Revenge of the Fallen
Second movie of a planned trilogy. More Robots and Michael Baysplosions than ever. The big bad appears to be The Fallen, a robot perpetually on fire because he betrayed Primus, the creator of all Transformers, and the First 13 Transformers, to serve Unicron, the polar opposite of Primus, a planet eater. Starscream is back, and he's got reinforcements. Soundwave and Ravage also appear, and did you see that huge fucking wheel bot crash through that overpass?
Unfortunately, Linkin Park is working on the soundtrack. NEW TRAILER HERE: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809943432/trailer

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page
The Transformers Wiki, run by David Willis of Shortpacked.

THIS is what Optimus Prime could have been.

Australian Box Set info
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/madman-transformers-complete-dvd-collections/15731/

KITTY!

OH DEAR GOD YES!
IGN has posted some further information on the Nintendo DS Transformers Revenge of the Fallen video games. They state that downloadable challenge missions, pitting players worldwide against one another will make a return appearance, in addition to head-to-head deathmatch battles. There are also stated to be 25 diverse locations to "drive, fly and fight" your way through. Most interesting of all, though, is the possibility to fully customize your characters -

For the first time, players can customize their own TRANSFORMERS robot with a modular body part system. Throughout the game, players will have the ability to scan objects to unlock new parts and upgrade their character by installing new unlockable parts in the Medical Bay as they progress through the game.

If this doesn't get a release some day, I will be at the very least upset.

LEGENDS CLASS DEVASTATOR PARTS THAT HAVE ROBOT VEHICLE AND COMBINED PART MODES http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/revenge-of-the-fallen-ez-collection-dx-devastator-set-167544/
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/botcon-2009-hasbro-product-preview-panel-and-qa-167769/

Antimatter on

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    you know I didn't really care that much

I was just doing a bit

I like doing bits

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Since nobody noticed this in the other thread, I am posting it again! I don't know if anyone's seen it yet. RotF character spoilers!
    transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-20090403043215920_640w.jpg

The Doctor. I can only imagine he'll talk like Frenzy but I was really thinking and I imagine him speaking with a deep british accent or something. Oh well.

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    dark primus thread

Nuzak on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    just because it made me giggle like woah last time but I can't remember who said it:
    TFEvolutionsHoS.jpg

TRAINSFORMERS
    more than meets the CHOOOOO CHOOOOO

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Primus thread, clearly.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    DARK PRIMUS HAS AN OPTIMUS PRIME AVATAR AND SIGNATURE IMAGE.

that is all.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    stupid sexy optimus HOOOOOO

Nuzak on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    just because it made me giggle like woah last time but I can't remember who said it:
    TFEvolutionsHoS.jpg

TRAINSFORMERS
    http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/hearts-of-steel-optimus-prime/14910/
    Fanmade Train Optimus Prime

Antimatter on
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    When questioned about him constantly being aflame, War Within writer Simon Furman stated that The Fallen is always on fire "because it looks cool".

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    scatman2-sized.jpg

Graves on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Ah, Simon Furman. Let's look at a page relating to him, shall we? http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Furmanism
    NO! YOU'RE DEAD!
    "No! Y-you were dead... I killed you!" —Thunderwing, "The Big Shutdown!"
    "No! It - it can't be you... you're dead!" —Ratchet, "Back From the Dead"
    "But he's dead! We saw him die, didn't we?" —Siren, "Assault on the Ark!"
    "But...but YOU'RE DEAD! You disappeared down-- UHHRK!" —Mindwipe, "Eye of the Storm"
    "No! I saw you die, felt your aura leave its mortal remains! You were no more!" —Bludgeon, "End of the Road!"
    "Noo! It can't be... I killed you! You're dead! ...you must be!" —Galvatron, "Vicious Circle!"
    "YOU did this... but you're DEAD!" —Dreadwind, "Race with the Devil" (cover)
    "No! It can't be you... you're dead!" —Megatron, "Salvage!" (cover)
    "Nooo! You're - you're dead... dead! I saw you die!" —Megatron, "Salvage!"
    "We're not stopping them!" / "How can we? They're already dead!" —Autobots, Transformers Comic issue 7
    "You're dead. I saw you die." —Starscream, Transformers Comic issue 22

Antimatter on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    TFEvolutionsHoS.jpg

TRAINSFORMERS
    http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/hearts-of-steel-optimus-prime/14910/
    Fanmade Train Optimus Prime

:0

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Octus
    Octus is pretty unique in form as a Transformer. He has a six-armed robot mode and transforms into... well, actually he never transforms in the fiction, but according to his co-creator Lee Sullivan his alt mode based on a pre-existing design. Sullivan had this to say in an email to the Obscure TF website:
    "Thought you might like to know that one of the Tri... whatevers I designed (Oct-something-or-other) was supposed to transform (snik-snork-shnap-shnoop) into one of Doctor Who's Daleks, which I've also been known to draw from time to time."

Antimatter on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ok, time to jump ship. This is the new Transformers thread

Current Franchises:
    Revenge of the Fallen
    [strike]Second movie of a planned trilogy. More Robots and Michael Baysplosions than ever. The big bad appears to be The Fallen, a robot perpetually on fire because he betrayed Primus, the creator of all Transformers, and the First 13 Transformers, to serve Unicron, the polar opposite of Primus, a planet eater. Starscream is back, and he's got reinforcements. Soundwave and Ravage also appear, and did you see that huge fucking wheel bot crash through that overpass?[/strike] The Last Airbender's trailer will be shown.
    The Last Airbender The Last Airbender The Last Airbender The Last Airbender The Last Airbender The Last Airbender The Last Airbender whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Punsie McKalePunsie McKale Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I heard avatar and I came as fast as I could

Punsie McKale on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    double entendre

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I can't imagine the movie being anything short of terrible, however.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I thought maybe the trailer will look good at least, but then remembered the Dragon Ball Evolution commercials sucking.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    "With two robot-related summer blockbusters hitting theaters one month apart, there was bound to be some competition. In one corner you had Terminator Salvation, directed by a guy whose ego is so large that he demands to be known simply as McG -- which, up until about a few months ago, a lot of folks thought was a special burger at McDonald's and not an actual person. Then, of course, we have Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, directed by Michael Bay. I think it's safe to say that most of you are already aware of the fact that Bay comes off as if he were hand-picked by God at the beginning of time to teach us lowly citizens of earth the true definition of awesome.

Naturally, the scene was set for a ginormous Clash of the Egos -- and already each man has taken a shot or two at the other one's, um, robots. Whose robots are really bigger? And does it even matter? Well, McG wants to put an end to this once and for all, and in a new interview with Men/Style, the director actually goes there. When asked about Bay, he says, "Michael Bay has a big c*ck. But I'd like to believe mine is bigger. If he's up for it, we can both reveal ourselves on the Spartacus steps at Universal and put the question to rest."

So wait, did McG really just challenge Michael Bay to a d*ck measuring contest? Something tells me such an event would have to be filmed with IMAX cameras in order to pick up the little details, if you know what I mean. The challenge is out there; the rest of the world shall now await Michael Bay's response."

Bloods End on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    duck measuring contest

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    deck measuring

who has the most extravagant patio

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    dyke measuring contest

Nuzak on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited April 2009
    dyke pleasuring contest

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I've seen blue ducks in IMAX quality.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    For a second I thought they were calling it "Rise of the Fallen"

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    BusterK wrote: »

they'd have called it that if The Fallen was created for the movie. However, they changed his origin so badly he might as well be a new character.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    BusterK wrote: »

they'd have called it that if The Fallen was created for the movie. However, they changed his origin so badly he might as well be a new character.

It has to be a new character. The 13 are multiversal singularity so their origin is set in stone. The origin set forth by IDW doesn't make sense with what is known about The Fallen.
    You could argue the Allspark created its own 13 to serve it but that implies the Allspark is sentient. If that's true means its an idiot given the events of the first movie.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So glad I'm not a stickler for continuity between mediums.

Schide on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Schide wrote: »
    So glad I'm not a stickler for continuity between mediums.

thats a big plus one

as long as the basics are there (optimus is a red/ blue semi truck, bumblebee is yellow, starscream is a fighter et, megatron is egomaniacal, and the giant robots fight each other and transform into cool things) I'm happy

Joolander on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    Isn't there a rule about pre-emptive thread making?

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Here's what happened: Shoe kept talking about how that was the beast wars thread and to talk about TF's in another thread. Turned out he was joking.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The Revenge of the Fallen trailer popped up on Youtube

Get 'er while it's hot!

Also Cartoon Network's video service has a five-minute preview of Decepticon Air. Sentinel Prime is the dickiest.

Furu on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I hate not being able to see youtubes at work, because I'm sure that damn thing will be taken down by the time I get home.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    looks good

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    You could always go see Wolverine Origins!

(no, don't)

It'll be up legit on the ROTF site on the 30th though in glorious non-shit quality.

Furu on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    But that's all the way tomorrow.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    CliffjumperCliffjumper Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Well, the G1 version in IDW's series was pretty cool until the series got hit over the head with the suck stick. His beatdown of Starscream was probably one of the best ever.

How exactly did he get hit with a suck stick?

Well ignoring the Lol communism orgin they gave him, All hail Megatron basically made him an indecisive loser who has no clue what he's doing.
    Seriously Starscream has him by the balls STARSCREAM.
    It also proves the old addage: Just let furman write the comics everybody else blows.

I used to like Furman.

I still enjoy his stories, but his dialogue's so fucking boring.

McCarthy writes characters much better (unfortunately his story pacing's a bit hit and miss in AHM, his Spotlights are gold though).

Ideally Furman and McCarthy should work together on a story...failing that IDW should pick up James McDonough and Adam Patyk (Dreamwave's last issue of their G1 run was so goddamn good).

I know alot of fans dislike his style though I persoanlly don't see why. Maybe I haven't read enough of his work.
    Regardless IDW brought him on board to create a fresh Transformers universe then when fans complained that it was too different they decided to reboot that universe without consulting him. Sixshot,Thunderwing,Scorponok ,Galvatron etc were all ignored in favor of making the characters as close to the 80's toon as possible to draw in people who honestly aren't going to read a comic book anyway.

Putting Furmanisms to one side.

He has a narrative approach to writing dialogue for his transformers, making them all sound very long winded and samey (the only Transformer he writes better than anyone else is Shockwave, Maximum dino's #5 is a good example of this, and that's because the character suits his writing style).

It makes for boring repeated reading because yeah, although his stories are a good epic read the characters within them are defined by their actions rather than the individual way they respond or react to something happening based on their own distinct personalities.

He's written ALOT of Transformers, he did create a very deep and rich universe in this IDW continuity, and he definately deserves credit for that. But, fact is I personally prefer the direction McCarthy's taking the story now and the way he's fleshing out criminally underused characters for the first time ever (I mean holy shit, Thundercracker and Skywarp have personalities?! This is unprecedented!. And he's not disregarding everything that came before either (a reference is made to Sixshot within the story for example, amongst other references) it's just he's telling his own story right now, I suspect CODA will do a good job of further tying up any loose ends...and yeah, the ongoing after that's being written by someone other than Furman and McCarthy, hopefully it'll be McDonough and Patyk.

Cliffjumper on
    WarbotPromo-1-1-2.jpg

The Transformers Fandom: Consistantly bitching about something or another since 1984.

http://www.nuklearpower.com/2009/03/28/warbot_001/ - "WARBOT In Accounting"
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That is a lot of baysplosions

I think I may have baysplosion poisoning

Butler on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    man my face just got all bayslpoded on

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    McCarthy's intention on ruining the uniqueness of the IDW universe to bring things back to the G1 cartoon has pretty much soured me on all of his work.

Furu on