As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Valkyria Chronicles - Incoming sequel! Sir, we're being overrun by highschool kids!

HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration ThreadCentrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Games and Technology
(OP made by Chrono Helix, our VC lord and master)
(DLC info write-up by Rent, our VC sig enforcer)
4a30a5d4ce2f254f1137fedi.jpg

Or at least try the demo

Story
Gallia's a nice little country. It's a happy place. It's also got a lot of ragnite, a valuable resource. The Imperial Alliance army wants some of it, so they invade. It's up to you as Welkin Gunther, commander of Squad 7, to drive the Imperials back out of Gallia.

Characters
justasplanne.jpg
Welkin Gunther
Squad 7, move out!
The protagonist of our story. He's got quite a lot to live up to, what with his father being a hero of the First Europa War and all.

Alicia2.jpg
Alicia Melchiott
My turn, okay?
An ordinary girl who aspires to be a baker. Sadly she's got to put those plans on hold with the Empire's invasion getting in the way. Likes to do cute poses after killing Imperials.
6dca32eb54b2c127e5183b92f0997e1b.jpg

1239188778038.jpg

EPS_Valkyria_BrigitteRosieStark.jpg
Brigitte "Rosie" Stark
Ain't no stoppin' me!
Plays a big sis role to the other people in squad 7. Sings pretty well, which tends to impress people. Don't be surprised though, she used to sing in a bar after all. Can be a bit of a racist at times.

EPS_Valkyria_Isara.jpg
Isara Gunther
Welkin's step-sister. Tank pilot and could be a good midwife too.

EPS_Valkyria_LargoPotter.jpg
Largo Potter
A veteran from the First Europa War. Follows a healthy diet.

EPS_Valkyria_Maximilian.jpg
Maximillian
Geass!
The commander-in-chief of the Empire's invading force.

EPS_Valkyria_Selvaria.jpg
Selvaria Bles
One of Maximillian's top generals. Don't underestimate her just cos she looks cute.
Selvaria.gif
Last but not least, Squad 7's mascot!
hansa.jpg

Left in General Gunther's house after the First Europa War. Still in great condition after all those years thanks to Isara's loving care. Oh, wait a minute...
edelweissxz5.jpg

Left in General Gunther's house after the First Europa War. Still in great condition after all those years thanks to Isara's loving care.
MOI-OINK!
Gameplay
Gameplay in Valkyria Chronicles is simple to understand. The first thing you see when you start a battle would be a screen like this.

commandmoderh8.jpg
Blue = friendly, Red = enemy

The Command Mode map shows the position of all your active units, as well as those of the enemy that you can see. Select one of your units, and the game will zoom in to the selected character and enter Action Mode. This costs Command Points, represented by the shield icons at the top of the screen. When you run out of CP your turn ends. (You may also end it prematurely if you wish.)

actionmodesq2.jpg

In Action Mode the enemy will fire at your selected character, so move to your destination quickly. Once there you can press R1 to start aiming your weapon. While aiming the game is paused and enemies will stop shooting, so take your time to line up a good shot. Tip: The D-pad allows for more precise aiming. After shooting, you may move the character to another location and return to Command Mode.
Trailers: Downloadable Content
DLC goes on sale April 16!

1. Hard EX Mode
Thought the Hard skirmishes were tough? Try them at an even higher difficulty... without Edelweiss.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds8Y5jCMufs

2. Edy’s mission
Like teenage idol wannabes? Get this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl8Jxkt9BBc

3. Behind Her Blue Flame
Here's your chance to play from the side of the Empire! Also featuring everyone's favourite character from that desert mission. There may be an extra reward if you ace all the missions...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMfIrWg8M28
Avatars & Signatures! Spread the love!
Made by Chance, CarbonFire, Corporal Carl, Rent, Fig-D and Reznik.

Scout1-1.jpg
Scout10-1.jpg
Scout11-1.jpg
Scout2-1.jpg
Scout12-1.jpg
Scout3-1.jpg
Scout4-1.jpg
Scout5-1.jpg
Scout6-1.jpg
Scout7-1.jpg
Scout8-1.jpg
Scout9-1.jpg
Shock1-1.jpg
Shock2-1.jpg
Shock3-1.jpg
Shock4-1.jpg
Ted-1.jpg
Engi1-1.png
Engi2-1.png
Catherine-1.png
Engi3-1.png
Engi4-1.png
Engi5-1.png
Engi6-1.png
Ramsey-1.png
Shock10-1.png
Shock11-1.png
Shock12-1.png
Shock6-1.jpg
Shock7-1.jpg
Shock8-1.png
Shock9-1.png
Sniper1-1.png
Sniper2-1.png
Sniper3-1.png
Vyse-1.jpg
Jane-1.jpg
2mfbzo2.jpg
2rhv761.jpg
25pr20w.jpg
wu1lp0.jpg
qoglj7.jpg
255uj5v.jpg
fnd73p.jpg
2njd43s.jpg
jg08bp.jpg
jpkj6a.jpg
lancer1.jpg
lancer2-1.jpg
lancer3-1.jpg
lancer4-1.jpg
lancer5-1.jpg
lancer6-1.jpg
lancer7-1.jpg
lancer8-1.jpg
Signatures
sig4gq1.jpg

sig5ez4.jpg

sig6sh0.jpg

sig7lw5.jpg

sig8dq5.jpg

sig9eg0.jpg

sig10qq8.jpg

aliciasu5.jpg

rosievp6.jpg

redarmyzk0.jpg

soldierpw2.jpg

tankuk6.jpg

invasionbt6.jpg

vc1.jpg

vc2.jpg

vc3.jpg

vc4.jpg

valkyriasiginvasionct2.jpg

selvaria1kv2.jpg

edy2ry5.jpg

tankkv3.jpg

selvaria4sc8.jpg

welkin2sz0.jpg

Isara1.jpg

Isara2.jpg

Alicia9.jpg

Alicia8.jpg

Alicia111.jpg

Alicia3.jpg

Alicia5.jpg

Alicia6.jpg

Alicia10.jpg

Alicia11.jpg

Welkin7.jpg

Welkin8.jpg

Welkin10.jpg

Welkin4.jpg

Welkin5.jpg

Welkin6.jpg

Welkin1.jpg

Welkin2.jpg

111p4eo.jpg

5mmgye.jpg

ValkSig.jpg

ValkSig2.jpg

ValkSig3.jpg

ValkSig4.jpg

ValkSig5.jpg

ValkSig6.jpg

ValkSig7.jpg

14_angsty_lg.jpg
jg08bp.jpg
Why so emo, emo kid?
14_angsty_lg.jpg
I finished Valkyria Chronicles, and now I have nothing left to live for. I think I'm going to go update my Facebook with a poem about the trag-
jg08bp.jpg
WAIT! NOOOOO! I...I, er mean...wait, no. Don't be so emo, emo kid!
14_angsty_lg.jpg
Why?
jg08bp.jpg
There's three new Valkyria Chronicles DLC packs! Firstly, you can continue the fight against the Imperials in a brand-spankin' new mission, titled 'Enter the Edy Detachment', which puts you in charge of 6 popular characters in Squad 7 (Lynn, Jann, Homer, Susie, Marina, and the referenced-in-DLC-title Edy) to save a small town under attack from Imperials! Second, you can see EWII from the Imperial's perspective, playing cowardly Engineer Johann, assistant to our favorite, chesty Imperial Selvaria Bles, in four distinct missions all detailing the Imperials' attack on Ghirlandio, titled 'Behind Her Blue Flame'. And finally, you can re-play all the main campaign skirmishes on a new, even harder difficulty mode, titled 'EX Hard Mode'.
sad_kid2_150-thumb.jpg
*sniff* Really?
jg08bp.jpg
Yeah, really.
sad_kid2_150-thumb.jpg
How much do the three DLC packs cost?
jg08bp.jpg
$4.99 in the US, or $14.97 for all three, if you want to be a pretentious twat about it (which I am). So really, you're looking to spend 15 bucks all told if you get all three packs. If you live somewhere else than the USA, I don't know how much your DLC costs, because I DON'T TALK TO TERR'RISTS.
Patriotic%20knuckle%20sandwich%20small.jpg
Fuck yeah.
sad_kid2_150-thumb.jpg
Buh...buh...buh...I don't have fifteen dollars! Rent, you need to help me decide which of the three is best for me.
jg08bp.jpg
Firstly, get a job you bum, secondly...oops, better switch to a normal size here...

Ahh, that's better. Well, all right, let's detail the pros and cons of each DLC pack, shall we?
DLC Pack Number One: Enter the Edy Detachment
What's in the DLC?
A single mission, entailing the exploits of 6 members of Squad 7 who get a little...lost on the way back to the main squad, who end up saving a small town from an Imperial attack single-handedly.
How does it play?
It's set in Largo's side-mission map, starting out with all six members (Jann, Lynn, Edy, Homer, Marina, Susie) in a small base, being attacked from North and South by the Imperials, who are constantly reinforced every turn. Oh, also, a mortar hits your base every turn. You know, for flavor. Mission ends if any Imperials enter the base, hit the turn limit (just like every other mission), or Edy dies (Edy is default leader). Every character is set at level 11 with a top-mid tier weapon (think the weapons you used in Chapters 13-14 of the main game. Oh also, the sniper doesn't suck, much to everyone's relief.) You cannot issue orders in the mission. You cannot gain any EXP or DCT from this mission. You cannot gain any new weapons from this mission. In other words, this mission is just for funsies.
Is it fun?
In my opinion, yes. It is, in my opinion, the best map of all the DLC, being that you don't really explore the map at all in Largo's side mission (making it feel very fresh), and makes it necessary to utilize all classes effectively for survival. Ironically, the one Scout they give you on this map sees the least use (every other class, especially the Lancer, is extremely necessary for an A-Rank). Incidentally, it probably has one of the most unique structures to the mission of all the missions in the game- it feels like no other, and has a real sense of tactical necessity and an 'We're all coming out of this together or not at all' feel about it- think Saving Private Ryan or Black Hawk Down but more anime. The change-up mid-mission, unfortunately, devolves the well-designed aspect of it to "rush X person here, go go go". It's still loads of fun, however.
Also, the mission has four different endings, depending upon rank upon completion-A-Rank's the best, with D being the worst, so there's good reason to play.
Does it have a lot of character interaction?
Yes, yes, A HUNDRED TIMES YES. IT has about a five minute "cutscene" (it's the talking head type), before mission start that really gives character to the sextuplet and is friggin' hilarious. If you liked any of these characters in the main game (and who didn't like Marina? No one, that's who), you'd be remiss to check this shit out. Incidentally, there's a bunch of "miniscenes" at the beginning of each of your turns that help flesh out the characters as well. SPOILER ALERT: If you have NOT beaten Chapter 11 of the main game, do NOT play this DLC. It ruins a critical plot point of Valkyria Chronicles if so.
So, in a nutshell:
Pros:
  • Very good map
  • Well-designed and interesting mission
  • Brilliant VA and character interaction
  • Unique mission structure and general aesthetic
  • Four unique endings (replayability!)
Cons:
  • Strictly speaking, only one mission, so unless you replay (and you'd be remiss NOT to), we're speaking only 2-3 hours of fun
  • Gets kinda lame halfway through, with a mid-mission, kind of unwelcome, changeup
  • Bullshit hiding sniper that'll guarantee you replaying at least once due to not being omnipotent (Seriously, FUCK that guy)
  • No actual, game-advantage reason to play it, if you're that guy
  • No trophy patch what the hell SEGA your game sucks by default because I am a fucking loser who defines his life around a number after my PSN name to make up for the fact I have never kissed a girl and are dead inside [/neogaf]
DLC Pack Number Two: Behind Her Blue Flame
What's in the DLC?
Four (four!) missions entailing the Imperial assault on Ghirlandio as seen from the eyes of Johann, a young, skittish Engineer and his mentor, the fuckawesome Valkyrian general Selvaria Bles.[/b]
How does it play?
Eh, it's okay. I haven't completed the DLC yet (yeah, yeah I know, D:) but the two missions I have seemed pretty generic and by-the-numbers. Oh, don't get me wrong- it's fun, it just doesn't stand out. However, all faults can be displaced once you get to test drive Selvaria (:winky:). She's got the defense of a Lancer, her gun (the Ruhm) shoots like a machine gun, but has the power of a lance and the accuracy of a Scout rifle, AND she has the movement of a Scout, means that she's the most absurdly overpowered character EVER. And she is a motherfucking blast to play as. It's like turning on God mode in VC, controlling her. Oh, and did I mention that you UNLOCK the Ruhm for main story play once you beat the two beginning missions (it's a stormtrooper weapon)? Yes, it's that fucking amazing. It's...it's...well...
highfiveshirt.png
So, well, yeah. The missions might not be the best, but playing as Selvaria makes it all worth it. Oh also, Imperial weapons fucking suck, for serious. You CAN issue orders in the missions (you only get three, individual accuracy boost, group accuracy boost, and group defense boost- i.e., the ones everyone used anyways). You cannot gain any EXP or DCT from the missions. You cannot gain any new weapons besides the Ruhm from the missions.
Is it fun?
Is more VC tactical goodness fun? Yeah. And you get a lot of it- this is a quarter of VC in one DLC pack, complete with the cutscenes (a lot of cutscenes, all of them talking heads), orders, unit deployment, all that jazz. Note- you cannot save between missions, so if you want to resume where you left off (i.e. not completing it in one go) you must save mid-mission. (Once you complete a mission you can just jump straight into it, however).
NOTE: You do NOT have all four missions available to you right off the bat, and two of the missions must be unlocked be external measures besides 'complete the previous mission'. Here's how.
The missions are laid out like this:
Mission 1
Mission 2
Mission 3
Mission 4

If you beat Mission 1 normally (reach the end point), you're immediately skipped to Mission 3. If you beat Mission 3 you unlock the Ruhm. If, however, you beat mission 1 by destroying General Douche's tank, you're immediately placed into Mission 2, (this is the ONLY way to unlock Mission 2). If you THEN attain A-Ranks in all THREE missions (you don't have to do this in one shot, you just need to have attained an A-Rank in all three missions at some point in time), you THEN unlock Mission 4 (which, I think, you play as a Valkyria, complete with blue flame and glowy aftereffects. I dunno, haven't unlocked it yet.)
Does it have a lot of character interaction?
Yeah, it definitely shows the human side to Selvaria, and almost presents her as a motherly figure (and what a MOTHERLY FIGURE she would have! :winky:
HEYO!
HI FIVES, GUYS, HI FIVES!
HAHAHAH
OOOOHHHHHH...
OH, THAT WAS GOOD. THAT WAS SOME GOOD STUFF INDEED), and her interactions with Johann (himself a very interesting and likeable character) definitely puts a human face on the Imperials (somewhat ironic since 99% of them have their faces obscured all the time). It weaves a fairly cohesive narrative, especially given the multi-part aspect of the DLC, allowing the developers more time to pace the story, giving it a suitably epic feel.
So, in a nutshell:
Pros:
  • Lot of bang for your buck (four missions for 5 bucks = deal)
  • Interesting, well-written storyline
  • Fills in a couple of holes in the VC narrative (note: SEGA regards all of this DLC as non-canon, however, but there's no reason to treat this as non-canon)
  • Selvaria is fuckawesome to play as
  • Johann's pretty cool
  • The Ruhm. Seriously. Look at that thing.
Cons:
  • No really standout awesome missions
  • Imperials have shitty, shitty weapons
  • Gallians can, apparently, dodge like motherfuckers (WOULD'VE BEEN NICE IF YOU DID THAT MUCH DODGING WHEN I WAS PLAYING AS YOU GUYS, YOU ASSHOLES)
  • Johann can die from being looked at the wrong way, and in all the missions if Johann dies, mission lost
  • Besides Johann's friend Otto, everyone in your Imperial squad is a nameless goon you couldn't care less about if he lived or died (Seriously, in my playthrough I honestly did not give a shit if a character died, unless they were either a CP dude or were Johann. Kinda ruined it for me, since that sense of comradery from the VC main game was just not present at all and it made me more indifferent to my squad's lives.)

Henroid on

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    new one already? the old was just getting warmed up.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    The Lord of HatsThe Lord of Hats Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, but it means we'll have a fresh start on the new thread. Parts of the old thread were really, really stale. Hopefully this influx of fresh blood, and the DLC, will help this thread along.

Thread 3.... wow. I am pretty sure that most game threads don't even go for one full thread, much less three...

The Lord of Hats on
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Such a good game. I just did a test recording to see how feasible it would be to do an LP down the road.

Not optimal, but definitely an option, I think. I'm rendering the video and then I'll upload it to see how it turns out on Youtube.

I doubt it would make for a good LP though, it's hard to make fun of the game, and that seems to be where a lot of hilarity can come from in LPs.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    ValkyriaX01ValkyriaX01 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So this is the new thread yes?

Well, I just finished my PMs and received one interesting reaction... Have to wait on the rest...

ValkyriaX01 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hey uh
    Not to be a dick or nothin' but Chrono was working on a new OP

Rent on
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I considered asking for a PM, then decided I didn't want to know.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yes but we had reached 100 pages and the discussion was going in a direction that we should probably just leave in the old thread.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I saw Rosie with Selvaria's Uber gun; and Selvaria herself is a cross between a Scout (judging from the AP bar) and a Gunner.

ValkyriaX01 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, let's leave the whole pm thing back in the old thread
    Henroid, you should probably just edit the OP once Chrono prepares it with the new stuffz (I'm greatly looking forward to the new OP)
    Obligatory:
    2rcbgug.jpg

Rent on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I saw Rosie with Selvaria's Uber gun; and Selvaria herself is a cross between a Scout (judging from the AP bar) and a Gunner.

And I might have been imagining it, but I thought I saw Catherine with an anti-tank Sniper Rifle in the Hard-EX trailer.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    gjaustin wrote: »

And I might have been imagining it, but I thought I saw Catherine with an anti-tank Sniper Rifle in the Hard-EX trailer.
    You weren't. I saw that AND a super-accurate Imperial Anti-Tank Lance being used by Gallia.

ValkyriaX01 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, but it means we'll have a fresh start on the new thread. Parts of the old thread were really, really stale. Hopefully this influx of fresh blood, and the DLC, will help this thread along.

Thread 3.... wow. I am pretty sure that most game threads don't even go for one full thread, much less three...

That's because this game is 3x more awesome than any other

Rent on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Rent wrote: »
    That's because this game is 3x more awesome than any other

Its true... i need to finish it as well.

honestly though, the game is great, I enjoy all the details it provides (like spending hours just reading the bios, glossary, weaponry stuff.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    algorhythmalgorhythm Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This thread needs more Ted.

algorhythm on
    terrible.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    algorhythm wrote: »
    Ted needs more Jann? :winky:

Feldorn on
  • Options
    algorhythmalgorhythm Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    D:!

algorhythm on
    terrible.jpg
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ah that new thread smell :^:

Well, I just finished my PMs and received one interesting reaction... Have to wait on the rest...

Yeah. About those pics. Yeah :shock:

I regret nothing!
    except asking for those links. What has been seen cannot be unseen D:

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Feldorn wrote: »
    algorhythm wrote: »
    Ted needs more Jann? :winky:
    That's bad. Especially after the disturbing news on Sankaku.

So... at least 3 possible weapons can be unlocked via the DLC:
    Selvaria's Machinegun
    Anti-Tank Sniper Rifle
    Empire AT Lance

I wonder if they can be used in the main game w/o a New Game + required?
    CarbonFire, I know you're going to enjoy those links (which, as a girl, I should normally be insulted about). Well, except the News on Sankaku.

ValkyriaX01 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    God I want to play this game so bad!

My buddy needs to let me borrow his PS3!

Jungleskye on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Ah that new thread smell :^:

Yeah. About those pics. Yeah :shock:

I regret nothing!
    except asking for those links. What has been seen cannot be unseen D:

Chance is probably going to be very cross with us for what we did last thread
    I'm sowwwy Chance :(
    And Feldorn get a VC sig you

Rent on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    hey, i can't just stop what i'm doing and build sig at work... :P

Feldorn on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Feldorn wrote: »
    hey, i can't just stop what i'm doing and build sig at work... :P

...Sigs are in the OP, you know >.> <.<

Rent on
  • Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So, is there perhaps a way to play this x3 awesome game if we perhaps do not have a PS3?

Because I really want to play it. It looks like Silent Storm, but with some serious upgrades. Not enough to buy a PS3 only for it though (even if Rent may argue that point.)

VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    VeritasVR wrote: »
    So, is there perhaps a way to play this x3 awesome game if we perhaps do not have a PS3?

Because I really want to play it. Not enough to buy a PS3 only for it though (even if Rent may argue that point.)

I think the consensus of the last thread was to place the game under your pillow so that you dream about it.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    perhaps if you know someone with a PS3?

Feldorn on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Because I really want to play it. It looks like Silent Storm, but with some serious upgrades. Not enough to buy a PS3 only for it though (even if Rent may argue that point.)

One military dude to another man
    Totally fucking get it
    Fucking awesome, totally worth price of PS3

Rent on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    placeholder sig for meh.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Totally fucking get it

I must say, this was my first ps3 game, and I'll love it forever. Plus my family loves Skies of Arcadia because Vyse is one bad, yet enthusiastic motherfucker.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I had gotten the game for Selvaria and the Valkyria. So it was to my dismay when I realized that I couldn't command a Valkyria, not even once. But the game is still awesome. I sincerely hope for a sequel (or prequel, or... Damnit, just give me another VC!).

Hopefully the DLC would change that.

ValkyriaX01 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hey uh

And he was too slow! Now Largo is retreating from the battle and Salinas has Imperial troops closing in on him and he's wounded! SEE WHAT HAPPENS? <.<

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Cantido wrote: »

Totally fucking get it

I must say, this was my first ps3 game, and I'll love it forever. Plus my family loves Skies of Arcadia because Vyse is one bad, yet enthusiastic motherfucker.

While not my first PS3 game, it is my first PS3 exclusive game. (I'm waiting for the inevitable "Metal Gear Solid 4 - S-word" edition).

Henroid wrote: »
    Hey uh

And he was too slow! Now Largo is retreating from the battle and Salinas has Imperial troops closing in on him and he's wounded! SEE WHAT HAPPENS? <.<

You just reminded me. I got Wavy killed. /cries in the corner

gjaustin on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I had gotten the game for Selvaria and the Valkyria. So it was to my dismay when I realized that I couldn't command a Valkyria, not even once. But the game is still awesome. I sincerely hope for a sequel (or prequel, or... Damnit, just give me another VC!).

You'll be able to play as Selvaria in the DLC, but only with normal combat IIRC. No crazy Valkyria stuff (which would be essentially God Mode TBH)

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9V5XUJZO3s

I can definitely get a better quality than that. Not bad, but definitely not great.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    edited April 2009

You'll be able to play as Selvaria in the DLC, but only with normal combat IIRC. No crazy Valkyria stuff (which would be essentially God Mode TBH)
    Her weapon is so fucking OP it doesn't even matter though
    Range and accuracy of a sniper rifle, damage of a machinegun, and apparently she has more AP than a Scout? WTF?

Rent on
  • Options
    Grayjack72Grayjack72 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I disagree.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuyjgW7nj4c

Grayjack72 on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Grayjack72 wrote: »

I disagree.

Hmmm, point taken. Sometimes I like being proved wrong. This is definitely one of those times :D

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    LagnarLagnar Halifax, Nova scotiaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh man, that video has got me excited. Lucky me I should (big should) be getting my PS3 back this weekend, or in two weeks. If neither of those times then in about 4 months. D:

Lagnar on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Lagnar wrote: »
    Oh man, that video has got me excited. Lucky me I should (big should) be getting my PS3 back this weekend, or in two weeks. If neither of those times then in about 4 months. D:

Me too.D:

Grayjack72 on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So the Edy mission basically revolves around the secondary cast of the anime? That's certainly interesting, but too bad Marina is the only awesome one in there.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Cherrn wrote: »
    So the Edy mission basically revolves around the secondary cast of the anime? That's certainly interesting, but too bad Marina is the only awesome one in there.

What about Jann huh?

Grayjack72 on