As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[4E, Legends of Novus IC] Sandstooth Island Ambush - New Map/Inititave! Finish Them!

13»

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Shreya steps up beside the closest recruit, takes a hold of her weapon with both hands, lifts it up over her head and brings it down. Halfway through the cut she flips a tiny switch on the hilt with her thumb; there is a quiet sound, like the noise air makes when released from a vacuum. The recruit can't see the sickly greed liquid that coats the sword's edge, but he'll certainly feel it when the attack connects, the acid eating holes in his armor.

Readying herself for a backswing, she flips another switch. The blade begins to vibrate so loudly, so intensely, that it seems close to rattling itself right out of the hilt, and when Shreya lands a solid blow with it the poor bastard she's cutting feels those vibrations rattle him right down to the marrow of his bones, barely able to think for all the shaking his brain is doing.
    Move: to K28

Standard: Scouring Weapon on R1. 1d20+13 = 21 vs. AC. Hit. 2d8+8 = 12 damage + 1 from using my longsword two-handed.

Action Point!

Standard: Repulsion Strike on R1. 1d20+13 = 26 vs. Reflex. Hit. 2d8+8 = 15 damage + 1 from using my longsword two-handed.

R1 takes a total of 27 damage and suffers both a -3 penalty to his attack rolls and a -2 penalty to his AC until the end of my next turn.

[Next Up: Miss]

interrobang on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Miss dashes off, leaping through the underbrush in pursuit of the man with the whip.
    Standard<Move - Run to R17
    Move - Run to V9.

Free: Subject Whip to my Assassin's Shroud
    [Up Next: Thoth][On Deck: Archers]

Rainfall on
  • Options
    ElfWordElfWord Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Move: to D29, then to C28.
    Standard: Attack Archer 1 w/ Weight of Earth (Str vs AC, target slowed til end of my next turn)

22:16 ElfWord 1d20+10
    22:16 Critical ElfWord, 1d20+10: 24 [1d20=14]

Damage:
    22:16 ElfWord 2d4+5
    22:16 Critical ElfWord, 2d4+5: 10 [2d4=4,1]

Free action: Marking Archer 1 w/ Nature's Wrath.

[Up Next: Archers] [On Deck: Kavaki]

ElfWord on
    Star Wars fan, Battlestar crewman, Fantastic GM. Frequent lurker, occasional adventurer.
    Awesome android RPGs are made by my friends; check them out.
  • Options
    TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The two archers begin to back up as they attacked. The first archer whirled away from Thoth and fired a shot directly into his shoulder as he backpedaled. The second, still shaken at the slamming he got from Kavaki, missed his shot. It sailed high as he backed up, still bleeding.
    Archer 1 Shifts to B30 and fires, hitting Thoth for 19 damage. Archer 2 Shifts to A25 and fires at Kavaki, missing.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • Options
    SimpsonsParadoxSimpsonsParadox Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Kavaki follows the retreating archer, a grim look on his face as he takes another swing at the wounded combatant. Like the strike before it, all the Greatsword manages to do is detach another large chunk of armor from its home.

All rolls done in critical.

Move: Shift to B25.

Attack: Blood Strike vs Archer 2's AC. 24! Damage 13

Oh goddamn you critical.

SimpsonsParadox on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Seeing shreya engage the one-eyed human, Garret steps closer and sings another verse of the haunting tune he tried earlier. This time it has an effect, as the warrior seems further distracted, looking aimless and lost once more.
    Fluff later
    Move to N8
    Vicious Mockery vs Will on R1: 1d20+10 26 -hit 1d6+8 10 damage and he takes a -2 to attacks until end of my next turn

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Fluffed later.
    R1 stands-up, attacks Shreya and misses. He then saves from the web.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Aaron screams in an arcane language up at the falcon above him as he runs past the combat, hurrying after Miss. The falcon dives and disappears into his cloak.

Delmain on
  • Options
    WeretacoWeretaco Cubicle Gangster Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Karamir hears the call to chase down the whip holding enemy. He follows Aaron in the chase.

Weretaco on
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    (fluff to come later)
    Standard: Magic Weapon on R1. 1d20+14 = 18 versus no goddamn way that's hitting his AC at level 6. But for what it's worth, damage: 1d8+8= 9 damage.

interrobang on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Shadows whip out from Miss's longsword as she dashes through the undergrowth after the whip-wielding rebel, wrapping around his neck and yanking him back to her. "You can't run. Ever."
    Move Action - 2 squares to V7
    Free Action - Assassin's Shroud on Whip (2 shrouds)
    [COLOR="rgb(244, 164, 96)"]Standard Action - Executioner's Noose vs. Whip: 1d20+10 24, for Force Damage!: 1d6+6 11[/COLOR]
    Also, Whip is pulled 2 squares to V6(adjacent to Miss,) and is Slowed until the end of my next turn.
    Sidenote - I'm officially switching to Orokos since Invisible Castle is having mini-fits and going down all the time.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Thoth let's out a furious "ARGH!" as the arrow slams into his shoulder, but channels his adrenaline into a lunge after the back-pedaling archer and presses the attack, stabbing his glaive forward.
    Move: Shift to B29.
    Standard: Attack w/ Earth Shield Strike (Str vs. AC, at-will, +1 to my AC)

12:29 ElfWord 1d20+10
    12:29 Critical ElfWord, 1d20+10: 23 [1d20=13]

12:30 ElfWord 2d4+5
    12:30 Critical ElfWord, 2d4+5: 11 [2d4=2,4]

Free: Mark him w/ Nature's Wrath.

[Next up: Archers.]
    [On Deck: Kavaki.]

ElfWord on
    Star Wars fan, Battlestar crewman, Fantastic GM. Frequent lurker, occasional adventurer.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The two archers moved back as they were pressed, firing bolts off randomly as they tried to move away from the warriors. Meanwhile, Miss, Aaron and Karamir darted across the grass trying to catch the human with the white hair and whips. He moved with incredible speed, vanishing into the thick brush. Tracking his trail down, trying to keep up with him and not getting lost would be a challenge for the three...

Archer 1 shifts to B31, recharges bullseye bolt, fires and misses at Thoth. Archer 2 shifts to A26 and fires bullseye bolt at Kavaki, which promptly misses. The skill challenge needs to be defeated before the Whip is caught.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Kavaki makes a large downwards chop at the bowman, and to his surprise and glee, the archer finally gives in to his wounds and topples over. Kavaki lets out a loud and long roar, and, pivoting on his left foot, lets out another roar as he charges forward, chasing after the whip.

Minor: Bloodclaw, FINISH THE FIGHT. I lose 2 THP (I am now at +2 THP) and gain +6 damage.
    Attack: Howling Strike v Archer 2: 32! That's a crit, folks! I deal 30 damage to Archer 2, and Archer 2 is deadsies in the headsies.
    Move: Run after Whip!
    End of Turn: I gain +4 THP. THP don't stack, so I'm at +4 HP. I now have 69+4/69

[Next Up: Garret] [On Deck: The Slicer And Dicer]

SimpsonsParadox on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Seeing the archer about to drop, Garret nocks an arrow and fires. The archer staggers but remains standing, and Garret retreats from the brute with the knives.
    Fluff incoming. Encounter interrupt makes shreya's magic weapon hit: Rhyme of the blood seeking Blade hits and drops R1's defenses by 3 plus my wisdom modifier. Considering he is still at a -2 to AC from shreya's last attack, this puts him at a whopping -8 to AC, allowing shreya's attack to hit. He takes a total of 19 damage from the two attacks. I won't narrate it since I'm retconning so late.

On Garret's turn, he fires a jinx shot at the remaining archer, hitting it for 14 damage. If it misses before EONT, it falls prone.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Garret's bolt crumbled the archer's knee as it furrowed deep into him. Biting back a scream, the archer managed to stay upright. Trying to take a step back, the archer's kneecap shattered and he finally went down, screaming as the leg fractured. Blood started to coat the green grass with red. He looked up at Thoth towering over him. "Please, have mercy. I surrender to the Imperium, don't let me die!"

The bald human with the eyepatch sprang to his feet and freed himself from the sticky webbing. He quickly danced away from Shreya, knives flashing as he cut and slashed.
    R1 stands up, uses dance of the knife and hits Shreya for 7 damage. He then shifts two squares to L27 and uses wounding dagger, dealing 11 damage and causes 5 ongoing damage. He then shifts to N25. Archer 1 surrenders.

[Next Up: Garret][On Deck: Karamir]

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In his rage, Kavaki doesn't notice as whips smack into his face and tree roots leap up to trip him. His lack of glasses does almost send him careening into a tree, but at the last moment he leaps to the side, swings off of a branch, and continues on unhindered.

The Skills Are A Checkin': Catch The Whip Skillcheck

Endurance v DC15: 15! Close.

Our Wins: 3/4
    Our Losses: 1/3

Comon, someone! Finish the fight!

SimpsonsParadox on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Thoth points his glaive at the archer, the two figures alone in the quickly ending battle.

"If you want to live, throw your weapons away, and lie down. Shoot at me or any of my friends, and you'll die. Do as I say, and I'll let you live."

Turning from the cowering archer on one knee, Thoth saw only the eyepatched man still fighting. Narrowing his eyes, Thoth sprinted over the battlefield, dashing past the burning Troll's corpse and the bodies of other rebels. Slowing as he passes Shreya, Thoth steps in next to the knife-wielder, ready for this fight to end.
    Free action: Speak.
    Move action: B29 to H29.
    Standard (move) action: H29 to J29 to M26.
    Free action: Mark R1 w/ Nature's Wrath.

[Next Up: Archer 1]
    [On Deck: Kavaki]

ElfWord on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Aaron blunders along behind Kavaki, keeping an eye out for traces of the Whipper. At a screech from the falcon nestled in his cloak, he notices a branch bent out of position at about shoulder height.

"Kavaki! This way!" he yells, darting after the Whipper's trail.
    Perception: 1d20+15 16 Rolled a one, still succeed. Yeahhhhhh perception bonus.

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The archer hurled his weapons to the side and sprawled in the bloody grass. "Just let me live. I don't want to die, I knew the Imperials would be coming. Oh, my gods! Faeli, help me!" He continued to moan while Thoth headed towards the bald human, who hissed at them as he moved towards the Anigun ruin. "Imperial slavemasters! I would rather die a thousand times then to let a single one of you last!"

Meanwhile, the group pursuing the white haired human smashed through the brush and scampered up a large rock outcropping that jutted out over the sea, some ways away from the battle. The human had crawled to the top, pinned to between the group and the sea. He turned to face them, the ocean's waves battering the rocks dozens of feet below. "Who are you?!" he shouted above the waves as the rain picked up in ferocity and the wind bite through cloth fiercely.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Initiative
    Troll - Dead
    Thoth
    Archer 1 - Surrendered
    Archer 2 - Dead

Garret
    R1
    R2 - Dead
    R3 - Dead
    R4 - Dead
    R5 - Dead
    R6 - Dead

Rebel Captain - Dead
    Shreya

Ignore Kavaki up there.
    battlecurrentambush.png

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Garret resumes his song of distraction, and rejoices when he sees the remaining Rebel falter. His dark mood returns, though, when he considers the fate of the surviving archer.

Why did Thoth promise to let him live? We struck a deal with that dwarf, though I'm still not sure why. Did he forget, or does he see nothing wrong with promising mercy he has no intention of offering?
    Standard: Vicious Mockery on R1 Move: N31
    Attack Roll: Vicious Mockery vs Will: 1d20+10 21 1d6+8 11
    [Up Next: R1][On Deck: Shreya]

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The bald human danced across the field, trying to strike at Thoth but being turned aside by his glaive.

R1 moves to O26, attacks and misses.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    (fluff to come later)
    Move: to N25

Standard: Magic Weapon vs AC on R1: 1d20+14 22 1d8+8 12

interrobang on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Thoth circles around his opponent as Shreya engages him. Stabbing his glaive forward as the man dodged one of Shreya's strikes, he was amazed to find his blade parried.
    Move: to M27 to N28 to O28 to P27
    Standard: Attack R1. Earth Shield Strike (vs. AC, at will, +1 to my AC)

17:48 ElfWord 1d20+12
    17:48 Critical ElfWord, 1d20+12: 17 [1d20=5]

Free: Marking w/ Nature's wrath.

[Next: Garret]
    [On Deck: R1]

ElfWord on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The tone of Garret's song changes as he approaches the rebel. He raises his voice, almost shouting, and feels the words rush from him with power once again. The rebel shakes his head, struggling to ignore the maddening song.
    Standard: Vicious Mockery on R1 Move: O29
    Attack Roll: Vicious Mockery vs Will: 1d20+10 19 1d6+8 14
    [Up Next: R1][On Deck: Shreya]

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The human faltered a bit in his step, getting worn out from the parries and dodges. Further distracted by the bard's singing, he missed his slashes at Thoth and whirled past Garret, slicing into him deep but instantly opening himself for attack from Thoth. He hissed as moved across the field with lightening speed. "Is this all you've got? The dwarves will make short work of you yet. Even with your arcane connections, you'll never be able to face down fully armored and armed trolls! We've killed everyone else, we'll kill you too."
    R1 uses dance of knife and attacks Thoth, missing. Shifts to 028 and attacks Garret, provoking Warden's Fury. R1 crits on Garret with wounding dagger, dealing 25 damage and causing 5 ongoing damage (save ends). R1 then shifts to M30.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Burn! Destroy! Rip limb from limb! Dismember! Whipe his stain off of this world!

Kavaki's feet pound as he wordlessly rushes up the hill, the whip fully in his sights. He drops his sword and stretches his arms out, his hands spread wide as he aims for the human's throat. The Goliath is about to reach him before a stone leaps out and trips him, sending him sprawling to the ground...

Bullrush v Whip: 25

..and bowling into the Whip's leg, sending the vile human flailing at the edge of the cliff.

SimpsonsParadox on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Sweat runs down Thoth's face as he dodges stabs of the rebel's knives. Jerking to one side as the man makes his last slash and moves toward Garret, a bead of sweat flies off Thoth's hair... and slows as time dilates for him, energy through the earth connecting Thoth's arm, at an instinctual level, through the ground, to the man's feet, to his weapon.

The rebel is unknowingly bound by it, this primal energy tying him to Thoth. The man's knife-arm stretches the bond, arcing in a brutal slice across Garett's abdomen. As the blood flows from Garett, the attack that caused it stretches the bond to its limit, and it snaps Thoth's arm forward, guiding him in a sudden strike that scores across the bald man's back and spins him around, weapons raised out of any defensive position.
    Warden's Fury (Str vs. Fortitude)

13:56 ElfWord 1d20+10
    13:56 Critical ElfWord, 1d20+10: 21 [1d20=11]

13:57 ElfWord 2d4+5
    13:57 Critical ElfWord, 2d4+5: 8 [2d4=2,1]

We have combat advantage on him until the end of my next turn.

ElfWord on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    (flavor text!)
    Move: to M29
    Standard: Magic Weapon vs AC: 1d20+14 32 1d8+8 10

interrobang on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The moving engagement across the battlefield continued as Thoth and his allies pressed in around the man, harrying him with attack after attack. His earlier insulting words may have been arrogant, but he truly was an opponent of impressive skill. None the less, Thoth knew the rebel would not stand for long against them. Thoth stepped in, and hammered down at the man with both weapon and will.
    Move: P27 to N31
    Standard: Attack R1. Weight of Earth (vs. AC, at will, he's slowed until end of my next turn)

01:46 ElfWord 1d20+12
    01:46 Critical ElfWord, 1d20+12: 20 [1d20=8]

01:47 ElfWord 2d4+5
    01:47 Critical ElfWord, 2d4+5: 8 [2d4=1,2]

Free: Nature's Wrath

[Up Next: R1] [On Deck: Garett]

ElfWord on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The bald human began to struggle as the attacks pressed in on him, his movements becoming slower as if the earth itself is dragging him down. Gasping for breath, he made several more quick cuts at Thoth but none landed as he faltered midstep.
    R1 uses dance of knives and misses everything. He is also unable to shift and remains stationary.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Vicious Mockery vs Will: 1d20+10 14 1d6+8 14, Stand Still, Save: Saving Throw: 1d20 12

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif