Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Let's Play: Lone Wolf - Jungle of Horror - That Xlorg has a rape face

2456760

Posts

  • aoeuiaoeui Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Clearly we need the high ground in order to win the fight.

    Up da' hill.

    aoeui on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Three votes means we're going up the hill.

    Page 281: The hillside is steep and the earth is loose and slippery. You chance a swift glance over your shoulder and see the two Giaks emerge from the woods. They start to climb after you. About halfway from the peak of the hill, you spot a cave to your right, almost totally hidden by a landslide.

    If you have the Kai Discipline of Camouflage, turn to 324.

    If you wish to hide in the cave, turn to 279.

    If you wish to avoid the cave and continue your climb to the peak, turn to 47.

    Kelor on
  • DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    so when it goes "if you have the kai discipline of..." is that, like, an instruction? We have to take that path or what?

    either way tbh, voting camouflage.

    Duki on
  • Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Vonotar! That's a name I haven't seen in ages. And now I remember why the name Voldemort always struck me as vaguely familiar. What 5 skills do we have again? I can't find it in the OP.

    If we don't have Camouflage hide in the cave.
    Duki wrote: »
    so when it goes "if you have the kai discipline of..." is that, like, an instruction? We have to take that path or what?

    either way tbh, voting camouflage.

    I don't think it's compulsory for you to take that path (sometimes different skills can lead to different sections even), but if there's only one skill indicated it's usually the best path. Although
    Sometimes having an item/skill leads you to trouble (a certain cauldron comes to mind) and I'll pretend I don't have it.

    Chrono Helix on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Duki wrote: »
    so when it goes "if you have the kai discipline of..." is that, like, an instruction? We have to take that path or what?

    either way tbh, voting camouflage.

    I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure it's optional since you get given choices sometimes where you can choose from multiple disciplines.

    There's a list of disciplines everyone chose in the second post Chrono for reference.

    Going with Camouflage.

    Page 324: You pull up your hood and drop down behind the rocks that litter the mouth of the cave. Holding your breath, you curl up into a tight ball, and completely cover yourself with your green cloak. Only a few minutes later the Giaks clamber over the rocky ledge outside, their evil yellow eyes furtively searching every crevice of the hillside.

    small28.gif

    Then cursing in their strange tongue, they leave the ledge and start to climb towards the peak. You silently thank your old Masters for teaching you the Kai Discipline of Camouflage--it has probably saved your life on this occasion.

    If you wish to explore the cave, turn to 33.

    If you wish to leave and descend the hill in case the Giaks return, turn to 248.

    Kelor on
  • aoeuiaoeui Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I am somewhat confused. Is this guys name Silent Wolf or Lone Wolf? Or is he Silent Wolf the Lone Wolf?

    Anywho.. lets Explore.

    aoeui on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    aoeui wrote: »
    I am somewhat confused. Is this guys name Silent Wolf or Lone Wolf? Or is he Silent Wolf the Lone Wolf?

    Anywho.. lets Explore.

    Silent Wolf was the name he was given at the Monastery, Lone Wolf is what he changed it to when all the other monks were massacred.

    Kelor on
  • Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Explore.

    I loved the sense of being this really awesome yet really vulnerable guy the books gave you. And 'levelling up' after completing a book. It wouldn't be far-fetched to call it my first RPG.

    Chrono Helix on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Page 33: The floor of the cave is quite dry and dusty. As you explore deeper in the half-light, you detect the stale odour of rotting flesh. Littering a crevice are the bones, fur and teeth of several small animals. You notice a small cloth bag among these remains which you open to discover 3 Gold Crowns. Pocketing these coins, you leave what appears to be the lair of a mountain cat and carefully descend the hill.

    Turn to 248.

    3 Gold Pieces added to Belt Pouch.

    Kelor on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Page 248: You reach the base of the hill and hurry into the forest. After only a few minutes you discover an old forest track.

    If you wish to follow this track north, turn to 44.

    If you wish to follow this track east, turn to 300.

    Kelor on
  • Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    East.

    We're heading for Holmgard ASAP.

    Chrono Helix on
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I agree, we should head East. It seems the fastest path.

    Lord_Asmodeus on
    Lord_Asmodeus.gifLord_Asmodeus2.gif
  • DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I agree! East!

    Its kinda funny that those monster dudes attacking the wizard were scared off by some guy throwing rocks at them, but didn't retreat from lightning bolts.

    Dangerbird on
  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    One they could take. Two not so much. Especially since the second was fresh.

    Man in the Mists on
  • FerrosolFerrosol Registered User
    edited September 2009
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    Its kinda funny that those monster dudes attacking the wizard were scared off by some guy throwing rocks at them, but didn't retreat from lightning bolts.

    Well being killed by a lightning bolt is an occupational hazard for minions of evil wizard lords, but being killed by some crazy dude who throws rocks they dont get paid for crap like that.

    I remember these books from when I was a kid they were awesome and were probably the source of my first infection with the RPG bug. Just a heads up though I am pretty sure the original author/publisher has put the books up online for free somewhere. anyway now on to more important matters


    I say North the easy way is always a trap

    Ferrosol on
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh man, this was like the best series ever. I have like up to the grandmaster series but not everything. :(

    I think some of my old books are falling apart from overuse too.

    Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    In case anyone didn't know, the author of the Lone Wolf books has put the series into public domain. There are free, handy html versions for your clicking pleasure, and even a few for DS homebrew. I can't recall the link for those digital copies, but they're out there...

    Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The novels aren't in public domain, though, are they?

    Xagarath on
  • DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    They're pretty easy to find via google.

    I found them just now, but then I realized I'm way too lazy to do all the die rolling crap myself.

    Dangerbird on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Vegan wrote: »
    In case anyone didn't know, the author of the Lone Wolf books has put the series into public domain. There are free, handy html versions for your clicking pleasure, and even a few for DS homebrew. I can't recall the link for those digital copies, but they're out there...

    Yup, that is what I've been copy pasting from. www.projectaon.org for those interested. No cheating though!

    Going East.

    Page 300: You walk for over an hour, during which time you keep a constant vigil for any sign of Kraan in the sky above. You have twice spotted their tell-tale shadows in the sky and on both occasions your quick wits have saved you from capture. You are now very hungry and must eat a Meal.

    You may now continue on your journey by turning to 13.

    We know hunting and are not required to eat a meal.

    Kelor on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Page 13: The path soon ends at a large clearing. In the centre of the clearing is a tree much taller and wider than any others you have seen in the forest.

    small1.gif

    Looking up through the massive branches you can see a large treehouse some twenty-five to thirty feet above the ground. There is no ladder, but the gnarled bark of the tree offers many footholds.

    If you wish to climb the tree and search the treehouse, turn to 307.

    If you would rather press on, turn to 213.

    Kelor on
  • DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Search the treehouse.

    How could you not be curious? If it were dangerous, our sixth sense would warn us, right? RIGHT??

    Dangerbird on
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SEARCH THE TREE HOUSE! it is so decreed!

    Lord_Asmodeus on
    Lord_Asmodeus.gifLord_Asmodeus2.gif
  • FerrosolFerrosol Registered User
    edited September 2009
    yeah Search the Treehouse

    Ferrosol on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    Search the treehouse.

    How could you not be curious? If it were dangerous, our sixth sense would warn us, right? RIGHT??

    You'd think so, but there are times when the game forces you to make stupid decisions that you should be able to avoid with your sixth sense.

    Like in Book 2 (I'm playing the DS version)
    You can't stab the first guy who grabs you, even if you know he's a traitor. You can't avoid getting robbed by the fishermen after you fall into the see. You can't avoid the Helghast on the altar or in the carriage after you see the rat thing. That's when you needed Animal Kinship or a magic spear that seems nigh impossible to get.

    cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Page 307: Your climb is swift and easy. It reminds you of the many trees that you climbed and explored near Toran as a child, when you wanted to pick fruit or to look out over the beautiful countryside of Sommerlund.

    Pushing open the treehouse door, you see an old hermit huddled in the corner of the small cabin. A look of great relief spreads across his face as he recognizes your green Kai cloak. He tells you that this area is full of Giaks, and that he has counted over forty Kraan flying over his home in the last three hours. They were heading east.

    ill17.gif

    He scurries over to a cupboard and returns with a plate of fresh fruit. You thank him and place the fruit in your Backpack. There is enough for one Meal. The hermit also produces a fine Warhammer and lays it upon a table by the door. 'Your need is greater than mine, Kai Lord,' he says. 'Please take this trusty Warhammer if you so wish.'

    You may take this Weapon only if you exchange it for another Weapon already in your possession, for it is the only defence that the hermit has against the enemy.

    Thanking the old man, you carefully descend the tree and continue on your mission.

    Turn to 213.

    I'll swap to the Warmace from our regular one because they are more awesome.

    Kelor on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Page 213: You have been trudging through the forest for nearly two hours. The nagging fear that you are lost begins to seem a reality. Apart from the occasional cry of a Kraan in the far distance, you have seen or heard no evidence that the enemy is in this part of the forest. As you descend a rocky hillock, you see something unusual in the tangled woods ahead.

    Turn to 331.

    Kelor on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Page 331: Surrounded by thorny briars and closely packed roots, you see the entrance of a tunnel disappearing into the hillside beyond. It is approximately seven feet in height and just over ten feet wide. As you get closer, you can feel a slight breeze coming from the inky blackness. If the other end of this tunnel emerges on the far side of the hill, it could save you many hours of difficult climbing. But it could also harbour unknown danger.

    small34.gif

    If you wish to enter the tunnel, turn to 170.

    If you would prefer to climb the hillside, turn to 280.

    Kelor on
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Enter the tunnel.
    What's the worst thing that could happen?

    Lord_Asmodeus on
    Lord_Asmodeus.gifLord_Asmodeus2.gif
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Enter the tunnel.
    What's the worst thing that could happen?

    You could be eaten by a Grue.

    Kelor on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Kelor wrote: »
    Enter the tunnel.
    What's the worst thing that could happen?

    You could be eaten by a Grue.

    Or be molested by hobbits and a mysterious ranger.

    Morkath on
    hobbessig.png
  • DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i think we need to make a pact to do every bit of pointless, ridiculous shit we can think of tbh.

    tunnel that bitch.

    Duki on
  • DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Against my better judgement, I say we take a chance and enter the tunnel.

    A kai lord should be able to handle himself in all situations... besides, we just picked a shiny new warmace. If anything comes near us, its getting whapped on the head.

    Dangerbird on
  • PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Enter the scary tunnel.

    Self-preservation instincts exist to be ignored!

    PolloDiablo on
    Be excellent to each other you stupid cunts.
  • RenegenRenegen Registered User
    edited September 2009
    Haha, the Lone Wolf. I loved them when I was growing up! First I bought was the 4th book. They are a lot of fun, and you read books.

    Renegen on
    ---Yeah
  • DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah I dunno the Kai Lords are sounding more and more like a bunch of pussies.

    The whole order gets wiped out in like five minutes, and then right after that a wizard apprentice killed like 15 idiots with lightning and we had to hide like a bitch with our cape from two that were chasing us.

    Duki on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    But we wanged one with a rock.

    cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Have you decided what we're going to do if we die? Just backtrack and take the other path?
    I imagine we'll find ourselves voting to fight the Durenor elite guard...
    Enter the tunnel!

    Chrono Helix on
  • DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Duki wrote: »
    Yeah I dunno the Kai Lords are sounding more and more like a bunch of pussies.

    The whole order gets wiped out in like five minutes, and then right after that a wizard apprentice killed like 15 idiots with lightning and we had to hide like a bitch with our cape from two that were chasing us.

    They were all hammered because they were having a ceremonial kegger or something, thats why they let their guard down.

    As for Lone Wolf, he seems to be pretty inexperienced. I'm guessing he turns into an uber badass in the later books though.

    Dangerbird on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Page 170: The tunnel is dark and the air is much cooler than outside. You carefully advance with one hand on the tunnel wall to aid your sense of direction. You have been in total darkness for three minutes when you detect the foul smell of decay ahead, similar to rotting meat. If you have a Torch and Tinderbox in your Pack, you may light the Torch to see your way ahead.

    Suddenly, something heavy drops from the tunnel ceiling onto your back and you fall to your knees. It is a Burrowcrawler and you must fight it, for it is trying to strangle you with its long slimy tentacles.

    ill11.gif

    Burrowcrawler: COMBAT SKILL 17 ENDURANCE 7

    If you do not have a torch, deduct 3 points from your COMBAT SKILL during this fight. The Burrowcrawler is immune to Mindblast and Animal Kinship.

    If you win, turn to 319.


    19 Combat Skill -3 (Darkness) -17 (Burrowcrawler's CS) = -1 for the encounter.

    First round is a 1 on the die: Burrowcrawler takes 2, we take 5.
    Second round is a 7 on the die: Burrowcrawler takes 8, we take 2.


    The Burrowcrawler dies.

    Current Endurance Points: 22.

    Kelor on
This discussion has been closed.