As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What show am I thinking of?

VistiVisti Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Hi guys, I'm vaguely remembering a show and I'd like to know what it is. The premise sounds almost exactly like M.A.S.K., but I'm fairly certain it was a live-action show. Anyway, it involves this team of heroes that all have a special vehicle with some sort of special power. These vehicles may or may not have been able to morph into something else, I'm not sure. Also they flew around in a huge plane.

Original Knight Rider-ish era, I think.. I stumbled across the show Viper, but I'm almost sure there were guys with motorbikes as well.

So, uh.. Anyone?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Visti on

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thunderbirds? Although that's a little older than Knight Rider...

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    There was a season of Power Rangers that had vehicles that morphed into a mega robot thingy, kinda like a bad voltron type power ranger hybrid.

UncleChet on
    I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hm, I don't think it was puppets, although it does sounds a lot like Thunderbirds.

And it wasn't Power Rangers unless they were in civilian clothes in the segments I remember.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    You gotta help jog some memories here. What kind of special powers did the vehicles have? Was there a pet? What kind of bad guys were there? Subplots? Love interests? Anything you can remember?

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If you're not positive that it was live action, I'm going to throw out G-Force/Battle of the Planets, which is Japanese animation from the '70s.

- Team of heroes
    - Everyone had their own vehicles that morphed into fighty vehicles
    - Flew around in a big plane, which turned fiery when needed
    - Hung around in civilian clothes doing '70s things when not on mission
    - Had signal watches, like MASK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_planets

Orogogus on
  • Options
    JeffHJeffH Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    street hawk?

JeffH on
  • Options
    Arch Guru XXArch Guru XX Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    There was a show called The Highway Men in the late 80s-early-90s (I'm just not sure on the year). Motorcycles definitely appeared, and the main guys were generally in civilian garb. They drove a big-ass truck that didn't exactly turn into anything, but it could open up in different ways to reveal a helicopter, or car, or motorcycle as I recall. It kinda-sorta fits your description.

Arch Guru XX on
    Should have been a rock star.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh shiz! It might have been the Highway Men. Awesome, thanks a lot, everybody!

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This sounds a lot like Team Knight Rider

They got around in a plane and there were special vehicles - including a pair of motorbikes. I could be wrong since you put at the original Knight Rider era, but it's the only show I can think of that fits the criteria.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Kitsuna wrote: »

They got around in a plane and there were special vehicles - including a pair of motorbikes. I could be wrong since you put at the original Knight Rider era, but it's the only show I can think of that fits the criteria.

oh god I forgot about that show

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Kitsuna wrote: »

oh god I forgot about that show

By all accounts, that's probably a good thing. :mrgreen:

Honestly, you're not the only one. What I wrote above is pretty much the full sum of my memories regarding that show. About the only episode I have even a dim recollection of is the one where KARR showed up.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    There was a show called The Highway Men in the late 80s-early-90s (I'm just not sure on the year). Motorcycles definitely appeared, and the main guys were generally in civilian garb. They drove a big-ass truck that didn't exactly turn into anything, but it could open up in different ways to reveal a helicopter, or car, or motorcycle as I recall. It kinda-sorta fits your description.

I have to thank you, I remembered this series too but nobody else I asked about it did. I was beginning to wonder if I was going crazy.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Because of this thread I have that robot chicken M.A.S.K. theme stuck in my head:

M.A.S.K.! They have helicopters that turn into smaller helicopters...

Metalbourne on