As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Love Dump

Chris Cross >:(Chris Cross >:( Registered User new member
edited October 2009 in Artist's Corner
Long time lurker, first time poster. I'll eventually be posting all of my things. For now some random things.
678709653_D3DQU-M.jpg
Poor scan quality but I'm still working on it.
678713826_r8iQv-M.jpg
About 12 hours. Pencil
678710774_eYhdw-M.jpg
2 hours with india ink.

Chris Cross >:( on

• Options
    Radar6590Radar6590 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It's kind of hard to tell where you're at because these are pretty bad photos. But, from what I can see you have a fairly good grasp of light and shadows (at least with the back and white), and that you're doing some nice studies. The fish/head (fishhead?)thing is a little rainbow for my tastes, but I guess I'd have to see more stuff before commenting on it.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    Loomdun wrote: »
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • Options
    RikRik Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Interesting. Keep on practicing! I like the skull study.

Rik on
  • Options
    iglidanteiglidante Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The detail of the guy talking to the kid in the first one really gives it a sense of story, and I like that. My only problem with the rainbow is that some of the colors mix together to make mud. If the coloring were digital, or more discreet (as opposed to blended colored pencil) I think it might work better.

iglidante on
  • Options
    valerycevaleryce Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm digging these. Nice job with the colors. You have a good sense of value as well as form.

One thing though; get a scanner. Seriously. Or a better camera. Bad photos make your work look less awesome than it actually is.

Post more!

valeryce on
    Art Blog!
    I like drawing, cartoons, cookies, and shiny pointy objects.
  • Options
    Chris Cross >:(Chris Cross >:( Registered User new member
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for all the comments. Point well taken on the scanner. The colours blend a lot better on the actual drawing.

Chris Cross >:( on