As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bruised Palm

Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
About a month ago I did a face-plant off a back deck (I was quite drunk) and I had bruised both my palms and got a bit of a cut on my face.
This has all healed except my left palm still feels really bruised. It doesn't look it anymore and I forget about it a lot.

However, when I go to this local park to work out a bit theres these bars you put your palms on and lift your whole body. My left palm still feels really really bruised up when I do this (IE it actually hurts)

It was a pretty intense fall, but the fact that everything else has healed up as much as a week or two ago has me worried about how much the left palm still bothers me (when I do this anyway or apply pressure with my other hand to simulate it). It's a bit below my palm, but certainly not on my wrist. Otherwise it doesn't hurt.

A friend mentioned I should probably go to the doctor because the possibility of a blood clot or some such?

Just want some extra input. This has been sitting in the back of my head for a week or so.

Mmmm... Cocks... on

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I would think something like a hairline fracture is more likely than a blood clot.

On the one hand, there's not much you can do for it other than immobilize it and try not to use it... but it's worth getting checked out just to make sure it's not healing improperly.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yea, might as well.
    Nurse on campus is free, I'm just lazy.

I didn't even think about breaking anything but I did fall onto concrete (forgot to mention that).

Looking back yea, it was pretty bad.

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sounds like you broke a small bone - scaphoid? You need to get this x-rayed or you will have problems if it doesn't heal.

CelestialBadger on
  • Options
    GameHatGameHat Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Agree, sounds very much like a fracture. Get it xrayed.

My sophomore year of college I walked around with a broken bone in my foot for a month before caving and seeing a doctor. Pain sounded very similar to what OP describes. Since it was just a hairline fracture and I was clearly managing to walk on the thing there wasn't much could be done, but I did get some nice pain meds out of the deal.

GameHat on