Options

The Free MMO Überlist

• Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh yeah my in game name is Elimination so that will be easy.

Edit: Played Battle of Destiny, it plays a lot like Dungeon Fighter except the characters aren't pre-made you make them yourself choosing hairstyles and colours ect ect. But otherwise it is very similar. So good if you like that sort of arcade style game, i'm having fun with it, nice little time waster.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Is there fatigue in that battle of destiny, cause that shit annoys me to no end.

Lets get some deets limi

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Is there fatigue in that battle of destiny, cause that shit annoys me to no end.

Lets get some deets limi

no there is not.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Managed to find a blurry gameplay trailer of War of Angels. Meh. Looks like a cel-shaded Aion clone.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    There was some content patch to Maplestory. New class apparently.

Must be a big deal, considering I only know because I saw a TV ad on the subject.

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I didn't think people were still that into Maple Story.

Elimination on
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    As far as I've heard, it ain't as bad as it used to be.

Then again, if it was half as bad as it used to be it's still not be very good, but the point stands!

zanmatto on
  • Options
    PsychoishPsychoish Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    MapleStory's less grindy now in the earlier levels, but after 85 it's grindfest again.

Psychoish on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The game was too kiddie to ever really appeal to me anyhow. Just for some reason i thought the game was a lot more dead than it apparently is.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Commercial showed a new hero class called an Aran, no idea what the fuck an aran is, i think its like a shaman that kills bears from the orient.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lost Saga A fully 3D multiplayer version of Power Stone. Has a truly impressive number of characters to choose from, attractive graphics, and just looks fun to me.

I'll be trying this one out shortly.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Eliminy jim jim report on that lost saga, if the downloads any hell of small i might try it soon otherwise, will be holding out for your word.

oh its 202mb client, I will be in this shortly.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Eliminy jim jim report on that lost saga, if the downloads any hell of small i might try it soon otherwise, will be holding out for your word.

oh its 202mb client, I will be in this shortly.

Yeah it just finished downloading for me. It was super small which is nice. It looks like something i'd play on my off times when i feel like some mindless ass kicking.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ok i tried it...its alright for what it is. It really does play like powerstone. The cash shop restrictions are a bit over the top and its missing a few of the advertised characters which is unfortunate. Its so-so for what it is. The character animations are nice and the overall presentation is good.

Elimination on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Elimination, share your secret with me...where the fuck did you find all these games you've been linking the past few days?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah it fuckin' blows that they have atleast 20 characters on that wheel, and like 11 in game or something.

But they are working on it, robin hood is new and I saw this a few monthes ago and they barely had 6 or so classes.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    They said they'd have the complete group up at the end of the 1st season...whatever that means.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So end of.... Summer?

Also if they plan to have over 100 characters shit will probably fizzle out at some point, lot of clones and just mixes of powers, cause hells fury if half of that isnt premium content.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Aldo wrote: »
    Elimination, share your secret with me...where the fuck did you find all these games you've been linking the past few days?

My google fu is awesome? Sometimes i just get bored and hunt things down. I found most of these while looking for an mmo dungeon crawler/diablo clone, which i entirely failed to find.

On the up side i came across the site that got ahold of the fantastic game called Mythos. They are currently reviving it for release within the next few months.

You can even follow their dev blog, the last post in it was only a couple days ago.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, I know Mythos is in development, it's by a Korean company, so I am very cynic about it being any good. I will list it as soon as it comes out, but I don't really want to place it under promising titles.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Aldo wrote: »
    Yeah, I know Mythos is in development, it's by a Korean company, so I am very cynic about it being any good. I will list it as soon as it comes out, but I don't really want to place it under promising titles.

Yeah it WAS a really great game. But now when i see them "re developing the UI" and shit like that i am worried they are taking it and turning it into a totally different game. IE shitty Korean grindfest.

Elimination on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I always thought Korean developers just sucked at UI design, but nope, it's apparently intentional.

Glal on
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Didn't the Torchlight developers have something to do with Mythos (they originally made it but it bombed or something)?

Also:
    Glal wrote:
    I always thought Korean developers just sucked at UI design, but nope, it's apparently intentional.

Huh? Is it a case of subjectivity (what looks terrible to us works well for them as developers), or is it some sort of strange way to make people pay for it?

Biosys on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Biosys wrote: »
    Didn't the Torchlight developers have something to do with Mythos (they originally made it but it bombed or something)?

Also:
    Glal wrote:

Huh? Is it a case of subjectivity (what looks terrible to us works well for them as developers), or is it some sort of strange way to make people pay for it?

No Mythos did great, the problem was Hellgate: London bombed, which was their other game. And it killed Flagship Studios and then Mythos was sold off to said Korean company.

Also yes, Torchlight and Mythos are very -very- similar and are developed by pretty much the same dudes. I think Torchlight will be better, because it wont be "re-developed" into a Korean grindfest though. Mythos was great, but im sure these new developers are ruining it.

Elimination on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Glal wrote:
    I'm just being facetious re: them needing to redesign the UI.

Glal on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Glal wrote: »
    Glal wrote:
    I'm just being facetious re: them needing to redesign the UI.

I guess Mythos looked too western so they had to add some dragon heads on there, some gaudy golden ancient-chinese style roofing over the health and mana orbs, re-make the buildings into Pagoda's and bam! They have a winner on their hands.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Maestia Looks really pretty. Most likely standard MMO affair...not sure. But its pretty for a free one.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Huh, Gamengame used to tell me about new games in their newsletter. :F I'll add it.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    okay last time I say something about lost saga, but after leveling and having like 7 or so classes, last one I got was the berserker. I just don't have enough money to level these bros and buy them, I am literally down to the assassin, knight, berserker cause he is new, and the tao warrior who I don't even like.

What the hell happens when I spend all my money trying to buy assassin time, then eventually get sucked into the vacuum of peso for hero time, can you really get crapped out of ever playing on your account without spending real money?

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    okay last time I say something about lost saga, but after leveling and having like 7 or so classes, last one I got was the berserker. I just don't have enough money to level these bros and buy them, I am literally down to the assassin, knight, berserker cause he is new, and the tao warrior who I don't even like.

What the hell happens when I spend all my money trying to buy assassin time, then eventually get sucked into the vacuum of peso for hero time, can you really get crapped out of ever playing on your account without spending real money?

Thats the feeling i have been getting as well. At first it was all great, they were throwing guys at me every level up and stuff, it was fine. But after a while it starts to drain on you a lot. Though i took a look in the cash shop and you can permanently purchase characters for a fee of like $10 or something. I guess if you just buy one perma char as a fallback and just dick with the others you will do ok and i think that is what they are gunning for.

Elimination on
  • Options
    n00bishn00bish Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Also:
    Glal wrote:

No Mythos did great, the problem was Hellgate: London bombed, which was their other game. And it killed Flagship Studios and then Mythos was sold off to said Korean company.

Also yes, Torchlight and Mythos are very -very- similar and are developed by pretty much the same dudes. I think Torchlight will be better, because it wont be "re-developed" into a Korean grindfest though. Mythos was great, but im sure these new developers are ruining it.

Just popping in here to say Torchlight's been out for ages bro, and it owns.

ninja e: And I guess it's worth it to say they are building an MMO around the Torchlight IP that will be free and released in roughly a year and a half if all goes well.

n00bish on
    btrsig.jpg
  • Options
    BecomingBecoming Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    n00bish wrote: »

Also:
    Glal wrote:

ninja e: And I guess it's worth it to say they are building an MMO around the Torchlight IP that will be free and released in roughly a year and a half if all goes well.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Torchlight MMO.

Becoming on
  • Options
    n00bishn00bish Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Becoming wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Torchlight MMO.

oh
    deeeerp

n00bish on
    btrsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    n00bish wrote: »

Also:
    Glal wrote:

when i said "i think Torchlight will be better" i figured people would assume i meant the MMO version, as it is not released. I am aware torchlight single player is out, i have it. Hence the comparison i made.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Fantasy Earth Zero an MMO by Square-Enix but free. Supposedly has massive PVPVE battles and 50vs50 realm wars. The soundtrack is apparently also by the same guy who did Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy XII. Sounds really nice so far, but we'll see when it comes out Q1 2010. they are already accepting beta sign ups.

Bright Shadow from the same company that is handling the above SE game. Except this one is out. Looks to be your standard MMO fare to me. Though the graphics seem a little more stylized and there are apparently 20 classes to choose from which is nice i guess. Looks alright to me, just doesn't look like it does anything new.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I am intrigued by FEZ, and their site is indicating that just by signing up you can be in the beta.

Not free but the trailer is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzq8urCvJA8

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Fantasy Earth Zero
    Although the previous free MMO project of Square Enix fell through with nearly zero communication to the interested fans, this new game of them still seems promising to me. First of all, Final Fantasy is not to everyone's liking, but they have a lot of attention given to the details. A polished MMO is already promising to me. Besides that they seem to offer fast-paced combat and lots of PvP.

also added bright shadow, but I got nothing interesting to say about that.

Thanks duder :D

Aldo on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    FEZ sounded cool, and I was even more excited when I saw the nice artwork on the splash page for the game, that the soundtrack was from the Ivalice guy, and the logo which is obviously calibrated to look like the Final Fantasy Tactics one, but then you look at the screenshots and it looks like a DS game and eughh...

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Their previous MMO project looked kinda like it. I just hope they're going to release this one instead of pulling the plug without telling anyone. <_<

Aldo on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'd like to point out that taikodom plays nothing like EvE. More freelancer, less Microsoft Excel gui

Bendery It Like Beckham on
This discussion has been closed.