Options

[Dnd4e] The Auxilliaries

• Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nall whispers to his companions, "Uhhhh...I don't like this. Should we stop them?"

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "By Melora, this doesn't look good. Maybe we can get the drop on them? They seem like they're focused on the stone? Perhaps we can end this before it starts...." Amaryllis glances around to his compatriots, his gaze resting on Erris.

Let's take them now, we seem to have a good opening. Perhaps a surprise round if they're really preoccupied. What do you guys think?

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    WoogityWoogity Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    " I would prefer not to run, but whatever we are doing here I think we should do it quickly...I'm no aficionado of the arcane, but I'm pretty sure growing and glowing are not signs that bode well for us my dear sweet friends!" Marazzo half whisper half yells as he draws his blades*.

Can we get a map, because unless they are about to turn into puppies, I think they are gonna get jumped... would be ok with puppies!

Woogity on
    Rad Anvilspit hp 23/29 surge value 7 surges 1/10 17:ac 16:fort 12: ref 13: will

Henry Teach, human cutthroat

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Don't have time to throw a new map up, but it would just be

mudmen1.png

with the enemies at H9, H12, I9, I13, J9, J10, J11, and J13.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    12 hours at work yesterday and my dad's staying with me tonight. I'll try to post a map tomorrow evening. Apologies. Still no word on whether the mudmen will become mudpuppies.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    wow thats rough.

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Big map:
    mudmen2.png

Sorry about keeping you waiting last week. I shouldn't have another hell week like that anytime soon.

P.S. fuck that stupid selection box. I hate that thing.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Are you guys still waiting on me?

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Amaryllis begins to whisper prayers of protection in preparation for any conflict.

Init: 4 sad face.

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I don't like this...Magllea see if you can get that stone back out. Erris readies her blade and tries to wrack her brain for any explanation.
    Init. 14
    Arcana: 12
    Religion: 18

astrobstrd on
    Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Nall readies himself to attack.

Init: 7

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Magllea holds her staff at the ready and prepares for the battle to come.

Initiative: 1d20+0 9

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The mudmen continue their eerie worship of the stone, remaining motionless and silent. Erris frantically searches for an explanation of their odd behavior, but nothing she has ever encountered can shed any light on this question.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Marazzo clenches his teeth in anticipation. "So much mud and not a swordsman between all of them..."

Initiative: 8

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The mudmen will roll initiative when combat begins. The four mudmen on row J are minions, FYI.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Guys, I plan on pulling the stone out before we start wailing on these dudes, FYI.

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Whatever you guys want, I'm just here to keep you alive while you do your thing, FYI.

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Nall steps forward and attempts to draw the closest large mudman closes to the group.

Shroud on the mudman at h12

Move to c12

Executioner's noose on the mudman at h12. 18 vs Fort, 9 damage. If it hits the mudman is pulled 2 and slowed.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hit! Monster statistics:
    Mud Lasher: 54/63, AC 16; Fortitude 17, Reflex 15, Will 15 - F12, slowed
    Mud Lasher: 63/63, AC 16; Fortitude 17, Reflex 15, Will 15 - H9
    (2)Mud Man Hurler: 32/32, AC 15; Fortitude 14, Reflex 15, Will 14 -I9, I13
    (4)Mud Man: 1/1, AC 13; Fortitude 11, Reflex 15, Will 12 - J9, J10, J11, J13

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    im assuming this is a suprise round since were kind of out of initiative order

Marazzo darts off to the right as Nall draws the creatures attention, in an attempt to flank them.

Move to G5, also dont we only get one action in a surprise round?

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I make the following assuming a full round.

"Well, I had hoped to avoid this, but..." Erris maneuvers around the mudman that Nall hit and bashes her shield into him before cutting deep into the mud.

"It's not the stone you should heed beasts, it is this servant of mighty Pelor!"
    Move to G11 (assuming the mudman was pulled to F12, avoiding OA's)
    Standard: Valorous Smite hits for 18.
    All enemies with 3 squares are subject to my divine sanction.

Mudman Lasher @ 36/63

astrobstrd on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Normally a surprise round would be a single action but normally a surprise round is 'we saw these guys before they saw us' not 'these guys don't acknowledge our presence until we brain them in the face.' Take a full round. @astrobstrd, mudman was indeed pulled to F12.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Dont want to fudge the flow of things up too much

Marazzo deliberatly takes a defensive stance after his flanking run, having found himself isolated.

take full defense as my standard

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The adrenaline starts flowing as his friends rush into battle against the unnatural creatures. Amaryllis begins to mutter some of his darkest prayers and thrusts his hands forth. Unfortunately, no smite comes for the creature.

"Ok, it's time to focus..."

Standard: Sacred Flame vs Mud Lasher: WIS vs REF: 7 misses :(

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Does anyone want to run Magllea? Cytorak hasn't posted since the 23rd.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Magllea quickly snatches the stone back up with the conjured hand and brings both of them as close to her as possible.

She sends a bolt of psychic energy at the nearest mudman, but her action is too hasty. The mudman takes no notice of her.

Minor: Pick up stone with Mage Hand.
    Move: Move stone to C10 with Mage Hand
    Standard:

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The rear group of mudmen mindlessly follow the stone and attack the wizard, but suffer for ignoring Erris's challenge. Each in turn explodes in radiant light as it reaches Magllea.
    Divine Sanction neatly murders these unintelligent mudmen.

On Deck: Erris
    Next up: Remaining mudmen

Big Map:
    mudmen3.png
    Initiative order:
    Erris
    Mud Lasher: 54/63, AC 16; Fortitude 17, Reflex 15, Will 15 - F12, slowed
    Mud Lasher: 63/63, AC 16; Fortitude 17, Reflex 15, Will 15 - H9
    Magllea (slowed), Marazzo, Nall, and Amaryllis

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    All of the mud men should have been marked by me so any that attacked should take Divine Challenge damage.

astrobstrd on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hey, sorry about missing that. These mudmen are not very smart, so I'm actually going to say that they all went after Magllea and the stone and your mark killed them.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Erris feels the power of Pelor course through her as the mudmen burst into a bright light.

"Magllea put that thing away. Everyone else protect her, they are coming right for her!"

Erris smashes the mud-man in front of her again, catching it with the flat of her blade and filling herself with vigor. "Will you stand and face me?"
    Standard: Bolstering Strike hits for 7 vs. Mudman Lasher. I gain 2 thp.

Minor: Divine Challenge on the Lasher. (All other marks end).

astrobstrd on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    mudmen up or nall and me?

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The mudmen near Erris pummel her with their clublike arms. Her armor protects her from the blows, but she can't stand long under the onslaught, and falls to the ground. Once she drops the mudmen fall upon her, drowning her in thick mud. Her scream is cut off as the mud covers her face.

As the party rushes to help her, the remaining mudmen begin to pound the ground rhythmically. As their drumming increases in tempo, a roiling pit of mud opens under the party. Magllea, Amaryllis, and Marazzo fall, landing heavily on the unsteady ground. Erris's struggles end as she sinks deeper into the mud.
    Mudmen lashers move into flanking position and attack Erris. First attack: hit! 13 damage + 5 ongoing. Second attack: hit! 14 damage + 5 ongoing.

Mudmen hurlers pound the ground. Burst 3 centered on D8. First hurler hits vs Erris and Amaryllis: 9 damage. Second hurler hits vs Magllea and Marazzo: 10 damage.
    On Deck: The party
    Next up: mudmen again
    Big Map:
    mudmen4.png
    Initiative order:
    Mud Lasher: 29/63, AC 16; Fortitude 17, Reflex 15, Will 15 - F12, slowed, bloodied
    Mud Lasher: 63/63, AC 16; Fortitude 17, Reflex 15, Will 15 - H10
    Magllea: 16/26, AC 15; Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 12 - B10
    Marazzo: 20/30, AC 16; Fortitude 15, Reflex 15, Will 12 - G5
    Nall: 24/24, AC 17; Fortitude 13, Reflex 15, Will 14 - C12
    Amaryllis: 15/24, AC 16; Fortitude 11, Reflex 10, Will 16 - B11
    Erris:-6/26, AC 20; Fortitude 11, Reflex 13, Will 16 - G11, unconscious, ongoing 5 damage

Yeesh, that was kind of brutal. High rolls from the brutes against Erris's 11 fort. At least with the 2 thp you won't die from the ongoing next turn. Note that only Erris is actually prone, and only by virtue of being unconscious. You guys falling to the ground was flavor text only.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Crap I just made a big post that the forums ate. Basically the mudman at F12 is dead though. I'll have the post back up in a few minutes

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Nall targets the same mudman again, calling up a circle of shadows to distract and damage it. While the mudman is distracted, Nall teleports next to it, driving his sword deep into the center of the mudman, and sends tendrils of shadows streaming from the edges, causing the mudman to crumple and fold.

He then turns his attention towards the other mudman targeting his fallen companion. He calls forth a light to guide the attacks of his allies.

Free: Shroud
    Standard: Nightmare Shades 23 vs Will hits and does 22 damage (3 more than shown because I forgot to include the damage from my class feature that gives me +cha damage to enemies not next to any other enemies). I get +3 to damage against it until the end of my next turn.
    Move: Shadow Step to E11
    Action point! Shadow Storm 21 vs AC hits for 15 (again I forgot to include the +3)
    Minor: Darkfire vs other Lasher 22 vs Ref hits. The Lasher grants CA and cannot benefit from concealment until end of my next turn.

Mud Lasher: 0/63, AC 16; Fortitude 17, Reflex 15, Will 15 - F12 DEAD
    Mud Lasher: 63/63, AC 16; Fortitude 17, Reflex 15, Will 15 - H10 Grants CA and cannot benefit from concealment until end of Nall's next turn
    Erris:-6/26, AC 20; Fortitude 11, Reflex 13, Will 16 - G11, unconscious, ongoing 5 damage

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Post to save Erris incoming tomorrow (Tuesday) morning.

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Struggling for a moment to regain his composure Marazzo takes a moment to clear the ringing from his ears after the minor earthquake created by the mudmen. As he does he glances back at the group to notice Erris's unconscious form slipping beneath the mud, not only that but he was now yet again soaked in mud and his beautiful hat feather was destroyed beyond repair!. "THIS WILL NOT DO! THIS WILL NOT DO AT ALL!" Marazzo growls in a tone so utterly different from his usual eloquence that you could have sworn it came from an entirely different person. Marazzo darts towards the two mud creatures closest to him whirling his blades in a frenzy, flinging mud in all directions and leaving both of his targets heavily wounded. However, in his frenzy one of Marazzo's blades finds his own thigh cutting a deep gash above the knee.

ok complex turn because I used an ap and I also crit which gives me another attack...
    Move action move to H9 avoiding OAs
    Standard action: Whirling Frenzy vs Mudmen at I9 and H10
    10vs AC vs I9 Miss
    27vs AC vs H10 CRIT!
    H10 takes 26 Dmg (6 from high crit offhand)

Rampage vs I9 15vs AC HIT! for 12 Dmg

Action point!
    Whirling Rend Vs H10 19vs AC HIT! for 7 dmg and
    Lasher at I9 takes6 more dmg

Summary move to H9
    33 Dmg to H10
    18 Dmg to I9

Also I was in full defense when I got hit just wanted to make sure you calculated the extra defense bonuses.

Mud Lasher: 0/63, AC 16; Fortitude 17, Reflex 15, Will 15 - F12 DEAD
    Mud Lasher: 30/63, BLOODIED, AC 16; Fortitude 17, Reflex 15, Will 15 - H10 Grants CA and cannot benefit from concealment until end of Nall's next turn
    (2)Mud Man Hurler: 32/32 -I13, 14/32 -I9 BLOODIED, AC 15; Fortitude 14, Reflex 15, Will 14

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Please delete one of your double posts. I didn't take the +2 into account but as it turns out it doesn't change anything. Looking at the whirling frenzy power, shouldn't you take 1d6 damage for missing the first opponent?

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You are correct, i thought it was 1d6 if i miss every target, but it is in fact 1d6 per target missed.

Whirly Frenzy miss dmg 6 ouch sucks to roll well on that one :(

Srry about the double post.

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    No problem dood. Bummer that you rolled a six... I guess you're really good with your blade even when fighting yourself?

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Amaryllis and/or Magllea's turn

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif