As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Modern Warfare 2: Still not realistic. (Please lock) (NSF56K)

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Scaffolding on highrise is fun...but its too difficult to get up there...

climbing the ladder in the back of the base and hopping up to the light fixtures? now thats super easy and still an awesome spot to snipe the middle and right exits to the other base.

The only person who has a good shot to kill you is...oddly enough, someone who climbed the scaffolding to get to the upper level of the base. But you also have a good shot to kill them. Its a fun game.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Fleck0 wrote: »
    Hey! that map doesn't show the crane! just because it's not that well known doesn't mean PAers shouldn't exploit that fact. should be just to the left of the elevator roof

True, but firing the Javelin from the crane is practically guaranteed suicide.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    Fashionist PigFashionist Pig Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I just got this game. I also just got the last kill in TD with a throwing knife to someones nuts. Good times.

Also the superior spot in highrise is halfway up the stairs to the helipad, go prone and you can shoot through the bottom layer under the helicopter and under the actual pad itself. Thank you level design team. Now if only I could stop getting flanked there.

Fashionist Pig on
  • Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sheep wrote: »
    eeSanG wrote: »
    We need dedicated servers to limit or disable Sniper Rifles on Wasteland.

Need a Win button too?

I don't mind snipers on Wasteland. I snipe on that map occasionally.

However, everyone has to admit that map is way more fun without snipers.

eeSanG on
    LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    I really need to train myself to not try and play this game as rambo. I usually like scifi fps games and generally like using what ever weapons puts me the most up close and personal I can get. While I do enjoy my knife build and had a blast yesterday with Akimbo FMJ UMPs with stopping power and steady aim my k/d ratio leaves much to be desired as a result.

Yeah, whenever I use my "Fuck you I'm John Woo" build my K/D ratio cries a little bit.

Thank god my Ghost Scar build is nigh-fucking-omnipotent.

So Scar+Coldblooded+Ninja and? I have been meaining to try the Scar but I am close to the last unlock before the extended mag on the m4 and would rather grab the exp from that before moving on.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sheep wrote: »
    We need dedicated servers to limit or disable Sniper Rifles on Wasteland.

Need a Win button too?

I don't mind snipers on Wasteland. I snipe on that map occasionally.

However, everyone has to admit that map is way more fun without snipers.

I wish more maps were better suited to sniping. I know alot of people don't like to get sniped, but I like being one, and I really wanna unlock more crap on my weapon. So far I've just been using a SCAR for most maps, but when I can snipe (like on Wasteland), I love it. Seeing Headshot Longshot One hit one kill all pop up one after another just makes my brain reward centres light up.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Since no one seemed to answer me before..... How do you switch weapons on the ac130 for the PC? Do you just press 1, 2, 3 to switch guns?

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    Gnomeland SecurityGnomeland Security Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    stupid question i am unable to find the answer to as of yet:

After you finish the campaign on regular, it says 50% complete...

does that mean you need to do it on the harder settings to get 75% and 100%?

Or is there a super secret cow level i missed that accounts for 50% of the game?

Gnomeland Security on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    stupid question i am unable to find the answer to as of yet:

After you finish the campaign on regular, it says 50% complete...

does that mean you need to do it on the harder settings to get 75% and 100%?

Or is there a super secret cow level i missed that accounts for 50% of the game?
    You're probably missing the achievements for Veteran play-throughs, and you're probably missing the intel items.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I really need to train myself to not try and play this game as rambo. I usually like scifi fps games and generally like using what ever weapons puts me the most up close and personal I can get. While I do enjoy my knife build and had a blast yesterday with Akimbo FMJ UMPs with stopping power and steady aim my k/d ratio leaves much to be desired as a result.

Yeah, whenever I use my "Fuck you I'm John Woo" build my K/D ratio cries a little bit.

Thank god my Ghost Scar build is nigh-fucking-omnipotent.

So Scar+Coldblooded+Ninja and? I have been meaining to try the Scar but I am close to the last unlock before the extended mag on the m4 and would rather grab the exp from that before moving on.

Scar + Silencer
    Scavenger (the Scar doesn't have a lot of ammo)
    Coldblooded
    Ninja

I often use the Stinger in this build too, although I've been thinking of switching it out for a Thumper and letting the rest of the team shoot down shit.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Fuck the Thumper. The slight pause before firing has to be countered by standing still. Then you have to deal with the reload. I know you aren't going to switch to Sleight of Hand so don't use Thumper.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Fuck the Thumper. The slight pause before firing has to be countered by standing still. Then you have to deal with the reload. I know you aren't going to switch to Sleight of Hand so don't use Thumper.

*cough* AA weapon as secondary or GTFO.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    M16 + Acog + Extra Mags
    USP + Silencer + Akimbo

Bling
    Cold Blooded
    Ninja

Mmmm

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

I always ask before we enter a match whether or not AA is needed. I get six people telling me they have the jav.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I use a Jav with my riot shield because that weapon is HILARIOUS

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yo man I'm going to let you finish but the Javelin is the best weapon EVER.

EDIT: eww.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

I've shot down enough shit already.

That and I want my dual G18s.

Kris_xK on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

I've shot down enough shit already.

That and I want my dual G18s.

I picked these up and freaked out from the bullets flying at the opposition. Felt really bad for them.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Speaking of freaking out your opponents:

SCATMAN: I fucking hate you. You owned me badly around C on Afghan last night killing me 3 times in a row, I FINALLY kill you and start to steal the point, when you respawn, toss a grenade from the bottom central area up the fucking cliff and have it land perfectly on the point, killing me and 2 other idiots as we try to take it.

So very angry...

Kris_xK on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dual rapid fire vectors are funny, albeit actually worse than a single vector.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009

SCATMAN: I fucking hate you. You owned me badly around C on Afghan last night killing me 3 times in a row, I FINALLY kill you and start to steal the point, when you respawn, toss a grenade from the bottom central area up the fucking cliff and have it land perfectly on the point, killing me and 2 other idiots as we try to take it.

So very angry...
    Playing with him is just as bad! There's no one left on the other team to kill half the time!

:wink:

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Can I talk about my undying love for C4? Does anyone else love C4? Have you ever walked by a second floor window and not wanted to cook a grenade? Well I've got good news for you. Use C4. Want some help defending a capture point? Some more good news. Throw some C4 on it. The game tells you when someone is taking the cap point. BOOM!

P.S. I love C4.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    C4 is butts

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    You shut your mouth.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Since no one seemed to answer me before..... How do you switch weapons on the ac130 for the PC? Do you just press 1, 2, 3 to switch guns?

*cough* botp'ed

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    Mr ObersmithMr Obersmith Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

So very angry...
    Playing with him is just as bad! There's no one left on the other team to kill half the time!

:wink:

All last night when we were playing I just couldn't find mans to kill and then I look at the scoreboard and scatman is sitting at 28-3 or some ridiculous number. For chrissakes, leave some for the rest of us. The One Man Army perk is not supposed to be literal. :wink:

Mr Obersmith on
    Battle.net - Obersmith#1709
    Live - MrObersmith
    PSN - Obersmith
  • Options
    Rubix42Rubix42 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Infinitey Ward,

While I had a very pleasant time shooting mans last night, having some weird 12 year old kid pretending his mom died and asking us for advise on how to deal with it was at the same time both hilarious and saddening. Please bring back party chat.

Kthxbai!

Rubix42 on
    signature goes here
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Rubix42 wrote: »
    Dear Infinitey Ward,

While I had a very pleasant time shooting mans last night, having some weird 12 year old kid pretending his mom died and asking us for advise on how to deal with it was at the same time both hilarious and saddening. Please bring back party chat.

Kthxbai!

Your advise should of course be to shoot more mans.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Dear Infinitey Ward,

Kthxbai!
    Dear Rubix,
    We've included a handy mute feature in our games! We wish you the best in muting 12 year old kids with dead mothers in the future.

Happy Shooting,
    IW

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The thing that irks me the most about the blocking of party chat is that, amazing as it may be, sometimes I want to talk to people *gasp* not playing Modern Warfare 2.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    AnalrapistAnalrapist Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Infinitey Ward,

Kthxbai!
    Dear Rubix,
    We've included a handy mute feature in our games! We wish you the best in muting 12 year old kids with dead mothers in the future.

Happy Shooting,
    IW

Dear Kid with dead mother,

Ha-ha!

Love,
    Brad.

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png
  • Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sceptre wrote: »
    So I have finally unlocked my 8-bit price.

Sweet sweet, nerd trophy.

Any tips on game modes? I tried so many times, got up to 8-9, couldn't get all the way.

Hawk on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I still want a built-in function that tells me what percentage of times a given individual is muted. If it's over a certain threshold, the person is just automatically muted for me.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Rubix42Rubix42 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I still want a built-in function that tells me what percentage of times a given individual is muted. If it's over a certain threshold, the person is just automatically muted for me.

I think an option that automatically mutes everyone not in my party would be nice. Although if that function did exist, we never would have had such an enlightening conversation with the little dweeb. Ah matchmaking, why do I love you so?

Rubix42 on
    signature goes here
  • Options
    AnalrapistAnalrapist Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    last night I totally bombed on a your momma type of joke, which made it even funnier in the end. My friend was all like "dude, what the fuck does that even mean?" you could tell he was nearly crying from laughing at my pure idiot moment.

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png
  • Options
    Crazy LarryCrazy Larry Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Does anyone know how people get up on the roof of the building on Highrise (the southern one on the map in the OP)? I can get on the ledge by the window washer's perch that's fallen down by running across the sign, but no further.

Crazy Larry on
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I ran into a guy named Johnnie Wad that kept saying "Johnnie Wad's the name, sticking it up your ass is the game!" over and over and OVER

Muted so fast

glithert on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

*cough* botp'ed

Seriously could someone answer this question?

I've tried googling and I only get xbox or ps3 answers on how to change weapons.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Does anyone know how people get up on the roof of the building on Highrise (the southern one on the map in the OP)? I can get on the ledge by the window washer's perch that's fallen down by running across the sign, but no further.

Here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGoaacaGILo

This should probably be in the OP.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I just played the AC130 part from MW1 last night. You just switched using Y, like any other set of guns. edit: On the 360

But I'm sure you've already tried that.

Foolish Chaos on