As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gym Class Swivel Thingies? [solved]

Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So does anyone remember the little plastic things you'd sit on in gym class?
You kinda just wiggled back a forth and it moved you forward.

All my google-fu brings up is those little crate mover dealies that were... well they sucked.

I saw one today at a shop and it was called a "turtle flyer" but googling that brings up nothing.
All I really want is a clip of somebody using one, or at the very least what these things were even called.

Thanks chaps.

Edit: Though I have run into Swivel Cars, same general idea, but I want the old school ones.

Mmmm... Cocks... on

• Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    I think he's thinking of the ones that you turn the front wheel to the right and left and the thing moves forward. usually has two wheels in back and one in the front.

I wish I could remember their actual name for you OP.. I do know they're making new ones for adults that are gigantic.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I think he's thinking of the ones that you turn the front wheel to the right and left and the thing moves forward. usually has two wheels in back and one in the front.

I wish I could remember their actual name for you OP.. I do know they're making new ones for adults that are gigantic.
    Correct (though I think the front was actually two wheels close together). The one in the previous post was the crummy crate ones I described which can be found all over for some reason (guess they actually have legitimate uses as well).

Giant ones you say? My wallet may weep, but I certainly will not.

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • Options
    fleury29fleury29 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Screw butt racing around campus, lets just race these new adult ones!

fleury29 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm trying to find them on my locals news sites.. they had a story covering them a while back.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Roller Racers apparently.

Seems to be the name it had back in the day to, found a bunch of old commercials searching with this name.

Though haven't run into the adult size ones yet.

So thread... not over? :D

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Scissor Motion Scooters.

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/77545?cm_ven=HS&cm_cat=ProductSEM&cm_pla=AdWords&cm_ite=77545&OVMTC=Broad&site=&creative=4285001057&OVKEY=exercise%20scooter

On the news story, they were swinging the back wheels both in one direction back and forth, like you'd do with the Roller Racer handlebars, but I guess you can also do a scissor motion like this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDwWttMHyw0

The both-wheels-in-one-direction probably takes more confidence to do though

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ah thought you meant giant versions of the old one ha, oh well, still pretty cool.

Anyway, guess that's the end of this thread.

Thanks for the help guys. :)

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    To be the honest, the old ones I remember riding had handlebars like that one, although it sat only an inch off the floor like usual. Not that weird foot/hands thing.

FyreWulff on
This discussion has been closed.