As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Video Game Inspired Drinks

fettsvett201fettsvett201 Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Games and Technology
So as I was looking around the interwebz, i found this awesome site:

http://scrollbar.dk/events/

The website is by some Denmark students who made video game inspired drinks. I love this idea and want to
make a whole menu of these drinks for my bar downstairs.

I figure it would be fun if everyone created their own video game inspired drinks. Here is an example of one:

Name: The Mega Man
Glass: Shot
Ingredients: 1 oz blue curacao
1 oz peppermint schnapps
1 oz Malibu Rum
.5 oz Sour mix

Mix all the ingredients in a shaker with ice. Strain into shotglasses

fettsvett201 on

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    What the hell, I'm bored.

Name: The BattleCruiser

Take customer's money. Then, place empty shotglass in front of them. If they complain, irately tell them how stupid they are because they don't understand your bartending style. Make them wait ten minutes. Then, serve them the next drink:

Name: The Patch

Pour a shot of the cheapest Ukrainian vodka you can find. Place in front of the customer. Loudly proclaim to any who will listen that it is the greatest alcohol on the planet, and that your bartending skills are without peer. If the customer complains, tell them they are too dumb to appreciate it.

This one would be pretty nice:

Name: Steam

Give customer one shot of alcohol of their choosing from a large selection. Make customer pay. Make them wait while you pour it. If the alcohol is new and there are other people at the bar ordering, pour extremely slowly.

If customer drinks his shot, he gets free refills of the same alcohol at any bar.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'd buy the Steam.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Perhaps not quite what you wanted, but these were my two thoughts on the thread title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv99JmJdto8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO-J5ImDEi8

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So as I was looking around the interwebz, i found this awesome site:

http://scrollbar.dk/events/

The website is by some Denmark students who made video game inspired drinks.

You know, I could actually go over there.

I totally won't, though. Most of this stuff looks abhorrent.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Name: The Witcher

Comes with flesh-eating plants you need to beat up after getting drunk from the drinks and the order comes with a whore or two.

Alegis on
  • Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    food_smbmariolemonade.jpg

Comes to mind.

Ziggymon on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The Team Ico Hipster
    -- PBR
    -- Acting Smug

Algertman on
  • Options
    Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The Max Payne

Red Bull and scotch sprinkled with ground up asprin

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hi-Potion

Pour six cans of redbull in a pan, reduce over medium heat until there is ~ 8oz. left.

Mix RedBull reduction with equal parts Bacardi 151. Poor into small vials to be consumed after injury.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    What the hell, I'm bored.

Name: The BattleCruiser

Take customer's money. Then, place empty shotglass in front of them. If they complain, irately tell them how stupid they are because they don't understand your bartending style. Make them wait ten minutes. Then, serve them the next drink:

Name: The Patch

Pour a shot of the cheapest Ukrainian vodka you can find. Place in front of the customer. Loudly proclaim to any who will listen that it is the greatest alcohol on the planet, and that your bartending skills are without peer. If the customer complains, tell them they are too dumb to appreciate it.

This one would be pretty nice:

Name: Steam

Give customer one shot of alcohol of their choosing from a large selection. Make customer pay. Make them wait while you pour it. If the alcohol is new and there are other people at the bar ordering, pour extremely slowly.

If customer drinks his shot, he gets free refills of the same alcohol at any bar.

The Peter Molyneux
    Glass: Highball

Tell customer before they order that they will drink the greatest drink of their lives, it will change their outlook on drinks. As you prepare the drink, continue to talk about the amazing flavors and mixes they'll taste. Then give them a beer.

The Michael Pachter
    Find the most popular drink in the bar, loudly proclaim that soon everyone will realize that their drink isn't very good and soon they'll want a real drink. Fill a glass with Johnny Walker Blue and start talking about how soon everyone will want it. Find someone sitting in the corner drinking alone and sell them the Johnny Walker Blue.

Khavall on
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That's actually really cool. If only I were still in college, I would throw a Mario Party (no pun intended) with those drinks.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    sodam.jpg
    I miss this soda :(

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The Bandi-Namco DLC

Take customers money, and let him or her choose the drink. Pour small amount of drink onto the table then charge customer for a glass to use. Give them a pint glass and fill it a tenth full. Proceed to ask for more money for the other 9/10ths of the drink.

Ziggymon on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    While not a drink so much as a drink accessory, we picked up this for our cocktails:

icei-350b.jpg

It's my plan to pick up some green food coloring for the ice too.

Quid on
  • Options
    PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Quid wrote: »
    While not a drink so much as a drink accessory, we picked up this for our cocktails:

icei-350b.jpg

It's my plan to pick up some green food coloring for the ice too.

WANT

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Use lemon-lime Koolaid

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Hi-Potion

Pour six cans of redbull in a pan, reduce over medium heat until there is ~ 8oz. left.

Mix RedBull reduction with equal parts Bacardi 151. Poor into small vials to be consumed after injury.

This sounds fantastic.

Torso Boy on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Someone invent a mixed drink that could be titled Konami Code. RIGHT NOW. And it has to make sense.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    Someone invent a mixed drink that could be titled Konami Code. RIGHT NOW. And it has to make sense.

2 shots coffee, 2 shots vodka, 2 oz. Diet coke plus(dirty liberals), 2 oz. Bud light(drink of real america), 1 shot Absinthe, 1 shot Bacardi, Shot of espresso.

Khavall on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Demon's Souls
    Fill a 4oz shot glass with Bacardi 151, and get the customer to down it as quickly as possible. If they become ill or are unable to finish the drink, insist that they drank it improperly and pour them another.

The Starcraft II
    Pour a third of a shot but charge for a full one. Repeat thrice, but make them wait an hour between each drink. Insist that each purchase is not a new drink: they are, in fact, gradually completing a single drink.

Torso Boy on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Torso Boy wrote: »
    The Starcraft II
    Pour a third of a shot but charge for a full one. Repeat thrice, but make them wait an hour between each drink. Insist that each purchase is not a new drink: they are, in fact, gradually completing a single drink.

It's like you've failed to understand the concept of expansions. Thanks for illustrating that.

Henroid on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Khavall wrote: »

2 shots coffee, 2 shots vodka, 2 oz. Diet coke plus(dirty liberals), 2 oz. Bud light(drink of real america), 1 shot Absinthe, 1 shot Bacardi, Shot of espresso.

shake it up twice, down twice, and then left then right twice.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The Starcraft II

It's like you've failed to understand the concept of expansions. Thanks for illustrating that.

It's like you've failed to understand the concept of joking. This isn't the Starcraft II thread.

Torso Boy on
  • Options
    SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

This sounds horrible and I hate the fact that canned/bottled/kegged urine is considered the drink of real America.

Slagmire on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The Starcraft II

It's like you've failed to understand the concept of joking. This isn't the Starcraft II thread.

I'm annoyed enough with the whole situation that perpetuating the bullshit is a bad thing, even jokingly.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Slagmire wrote: »

This sounds horrible and I hate the fact that canned/bottled/kegged urine is considered the drink of real America.

I couldn't think of any more right-leaning drinks. I mean, scotch because they're also the corporate heads?

Also, yes it sounds awful. You try coming up with an up up down down left right left right a b start drink.

Khavall on
  • Options
    RippedMermaidRippedMermaid Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Gears of War

Customer asks for drink. Pour it, but while doing so warn of the intensity. When customer begins to drink, take barstool and break it in his/her face. While they are on the ground, kick them over and begin pummeling their face with your fists, screaming with generic rage the entire time. Repeat as needed.

RippedMermaid on
    RippedMermaid.png
    ph blake wrote: »
    On the other hand, fuck that shit.
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The Ninja Gaiden

Ingredients: Everclear, straight

It's unreasonably hard, and pretty cheap, too.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The Ninja Gaiden

Ha, aren't you a funny one. :P

Henroid on
  • Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The Ninja Gaiden

Ha, aren't you a funny one. :P

Finally one that is actually a drink instead of a repetition on the same lame joke.
    BARTENDER ACTING AS GAME PUBLISHERS ARE NOT FUNNY!!

Sparvy on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I was actually expecting more like, actual mixed drink recipe sort of things with catchy titles. Should've emphasized that when I asked for a Konami Code drink.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I was actually expecting more like, actual mixed drink recipe sort of things with catchy titles. Should've emphasized that when I asked for a Konami Code drink.

The problem is that pretty much any combination of ingredients with alcohol is probably already a drink.

Khavall on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This thread is like asking a bartender for a drink and then he tells you a story about this one guy who asked for a drink but didn't get what he expected at all

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The DOA Beach Volleyball
    2 parts Zima, 1 part Barcadi Limon, 1 part sour.
    serve over crushed ice.

Yes, it tastes good, buy you'ld be really emabrassed to get caught drinking it alone.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Slagmire wrote: »

I couldn't think of any more right-leaning drinks. I mean, scotch because they're also the corporate heads?

Also, yes it sounds awful. You try coming up with an up up down down left right left right a b start drink.

Okay... how's this?
    Konami Code (Hot) - Glass: Mug
    Shot of Amaretto
    Shot of Bailey's
    Coffee (Start)
    Whipped Cream

Pour Baileys and Amaretto into a mug, fill the rest the way with coffee. Stir in an up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right motion. Top with whipped cream.

Konami Code (Cold) - Glass: Highball Glass

Same ingredients, but pour all contents into a shaker with ice, shaking in an up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right motion. Pour into a highball glass.

Granted, it sounds like a weak drink, but it doesn't sound disgusting either.

Slagmire on
  • Options
    fettsvett201fettsvett201 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Perhaps the Konami Code can be a drinking game and not a drink?

fettsvett201 on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Name: The Silent Hill
    Glass: None
    Ingredients: Whatever's closest.

1. Watch a mannequin get raped
    2. Drain the bottle.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Name: The Mega Man
    Ingredients: 1 oz blue curacao
    1 oz peppermint schnapps
    1 oz Malibu Rum
    .5 oz Sour mix

Mix all the ingredients in a shaker with ice. Strain into shotglasses

You should somehow incorporate this Energy drink:
    MgMnETnk.jpg

Maybe it can be like a Jägerbomb. But with that stuff instead of Red Bull.

slash000 on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Assignment: Video game based drinking games.

My only contribution was Left 4 Drunk. Any time you can't move your own character (excepting death) you have to drink. Smoked, punched, jockeyed, charged, or incapped.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Assignment: Video game based drinking games.

My only contribution was Left 4 Drunk. Any time you can't move your own character (excepting death) you have to drink. Smoked, punched, jockeyed, charged, or incapped.

Modern Drinkfare 2

Everytime someone says Oscar Mike you take a shot.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal