As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fake mistletoe and the searching there of.

MimMim I prefer my lovers…dead.Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey PAers,

I'm in a bit of a jam. I am planning to buy a friend some fake mistletoe as a late Christmas gift and I'm meeting up with him on the 2nd. I unfortunately can't find any in the Philadelphia area. Any ideas?

TL;DR I'm looking for fake mistletoe in Philadelphia.

EDIT: If I can't find some, at least then how to make a mistletoe origami piece. I'm googling for directions on how to do one but I cannot find one to save my life!

Mim on

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Craft stores? Do they have a Micheal's there?

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Craft stores? Do they have a Micheal's there?

I searched Micheal's website but they didn't seem to have any. I'll call their store.

I called PEARL and I tried calling some florists. The florists didn't pick up and PEARL had none.

I'm now trying to find out if I can make origami mistletoe but alas all the origami sites I've run into are all about the wreaths and holy, but not mistletoe. Bastards! I did find links to download some directions on how to make origami mistletoe, but it seems shoddy at best.

Mim on
    edited December 2009
    I can't imagine making origami mistletoe ... I mean, it's really a cluster of round leaves on a twig that occasionally has some off-colored berries on it. It's really not special looking at all. Even fresh off the tree (it's a parasite ... well some species ... it depends), it's twiggy and kinda sparse. The ones you find in stores are either shriveled up and disgustingly pale green, or 'preserved' and a wholly unnatural dark green, or fake plastic.

edit: Fresh off the tree:

mistletoe.jpg

And ... PLAS-TICCC!

mistletoe.jpg

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well, I've called about every dollar tree there is and the only Micheal's that showed up on google maps.

Frak me hard. Maybe I'll go out tomorrow and buy some arts and crafts and make one. Or origami him a rose or something to make up for it.

Any other help to come along is still wanted at least till the 2nd.

Mim on
    edited December 2009
    Call up random grocery stores and gift stores and such. Of course you also run into the chance that anyone selling the stuff has already had it on clearance for a few days, and it could be sold out or worse thrown out. Oh do you guys have Grocery Outlets in Philly? I've seen them sold there too.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam