As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oops! Forgot to actually draw things from life to put in this thread!

Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Artist's Corner
I had a time when I was moving into a new apartment and working 40 hours a week, so I didn't really post. It's not like I'm exactly well known on these forums, but not that it really matters right now. What I'm trying to do is build a portfolio that I can have interchangeable pieces for appealing to different jobs. Or really just better than average examples of my work covering different styles or subject matter.

The first art thing is this poster idea against drug testing on animals. The idea is from an project that was approved by my art teacher I started while I was in school at SHSU. I like it so far, but I feel it needs help to be a better candidate for my portfolio.

Bunnyneedleposter.jpg

I will use this thread for posting more works that I want to go in my portfolio, once one is done being worked on.
HAVE AT THEE

Arden Canelo on

• Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I wouldn't put something like this in your portfolio, purely based on the subject matter.

What kind of job are you looking for? Advertising?

NibCrom on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well, I'm kinda freelancing it right now, taking different clients for different types of art. I'd ideally like to be part of a creative team or a concept artist. Me and the other half of the nation, right? I want to have a nice variety of pieces that I can choose to show or not to show to potential employers.

Or is it just a good idea to have one solid selection of pieces for one portfolio?

Arden Canelo on
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think it would help to post a handful of pieces so we can get an idea of what you might put in a generic portfolio. This piece needs a lot of work for it to be done effectively, but I don't think the subject matter is appropriate for a portfolio, unless you're working for the creative department of an animal rights organization.

NibCrom on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    NibCrom wrote: »
    I think it would help to post a handful of pieces so we can get an idea of what you might put in a generic portfolio. This piece needs a lot of work for it to be done effectively, but I don't think the subject matter is appropriate for a portfolio, unless you're working for the creative department of an animal rights organization.

I was going to start one piece at a time in this thread, but I do like your approach better. I'll be back when I gather some more work to post from my computer.

Arden Canelo on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ok then. I now realize I have no recent drawings from life and I know I need that based on common art sense. So some mod can delete this thread or it can fade into obscurity until I update it with life drawing examples. I think this is the best course of action right now.

Arden Canelo on