As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Post 9/11 GI Bill - N/M.... found the answer all by myself.

Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I turned in my papers for the GI Bill to the military service center at my university today, and I asked the rep about transferring to the post 9/11 GI bill. I only have about 13 months left before I exhaust my benefits, and the rep said that one option is to use up those remaining months under chapter 30, the old GI bill, and then apply for the post 9/11 benefits. He said I'd be granted an additional 12 months, which would totally help pay for grad school.

This is a lot of money we're talking about here, so I went to the Internet to verify what this dude was saying. The GI bill website didn't, to my knowledge, mention anything about any additional 12 months. Google wasn't much help either, except to show me that there were other people confused about the same thing.

Has anyone here had any experience with this?

And, yes, I'll be calling the GI Bill people on Monday.

EDIT: Ok. Yeah. So apparently I can get an additional 12 months. Fantastic.

Richard_Dastardly on