As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E PbP] Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC (The Curse was MAN! What a TWEEST!)

• Options
    SnowSquallSnowSquall Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kind of stuck on debating on what to do with the surprise round (plus I'm really glad I hid up in the upper right corner). I suppose I'll delay until before Bob.

As for actions...from my position I can use Executioner's Noose, if it hits, to pull Ash two squares. Which would put him right next to Bob. Of course, that also locks Bob and Canary in place since they can only shift with him right there. And I don't know if Banana-Man wants to be next another target. It is an idea to shoot out there.

SnowSquall on
    Quinnten, Human Sorceror [Giant Ants]
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, tactically, Canary is hosed if forced into melee. Rounds of total defense are bad news.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    Banana-ManBanana-Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The best move I can see making is to tie up the big guy with the axe, since you're right about Canary being hosed if she gets into close combat. Depending on how initiative pans out, Bob has a straightshot for a charge attack right at him. With some creative shifting, I might even be able to push the crossbow guy around as well - maybe.

Banana-Man on
    :shock:
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Once everyone has posted their surprise round move, will initiative take affect.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    bladecruiserbladecruiser Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well, I've went ahead and started things off. Vashrun hosed up his jump, I meant to try and place him back behind the two, but only rolled a 2 so he's sitting in front of them instead. Good news, Canary doesn't have to worry about those guys right this instant. Bad news, Vashrun does. That barbarian is gonna hurt.

Not quite a Roof Top Elbow Drop, but it should suffice in splitting up their group so we can take them apart.

bladecruiser on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm just waiting on Bob to see what he does, since I'll probably go after the other (Yargin or the other two). I'll only end up moving and placing a shroud for the surprise at any rate.

SnowSquall on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hey, sorry about that guys. I got held up in an internet deadzone for a little while, much longer than I thought.

Banana-Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ummm... Banana. It's a surprise round. You're only entitled to one action.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    TiamatZ wrote: »
    Ummm... Banana. It's a surprise round. You're only entitled to one action.

... I knew that!

I just wanted to see if you knew that.

You did! You passed. Good job!
    Time to re-read some stuff. Sorry!

EDIT: Yeah, top of 267, upper right hand. I missed the 'or' in there - apologies.

Banana-Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    'S Cool!

Edit: looks like Firemanfred still needs to go...

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    firemanfredfiremanfred Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm gonna bring the thunder. Typing it up right now.

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
    Spaceships are better than relationships
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    First round post is up.

Things don't look good for our heroes...

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, wowsers, beat me up already. I'm going to have to take a second wind.

That acid cloud hasn't remained has it?

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Nope, it's just a standard 'grenade' attack. it doesn't subsist. Else I would have said so in the attack.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ow! 16 damage with 3 at the beginning of my turn for a total of 19. Down to 7 health. Didn't think I'll need a second wind so quickly.

SnowSquall on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    We done got acid'ed. I'd figure that the best course of action right now would be to move Yagrin so we can hopefully keep him out of the fight - but I'm still cautious to see what Ash does, since he looks like a striker-type.

Right now I'm planning to Tide of Iron Yagrin into B4, and just keep pushing him into a corner to hopefully LOS him.

Any thoughts?

Banana-Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    As long as he can't run away, go for it. I will also be second wind this next turn but it won't un-bloody me.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I've got a couple heals I can toss out, just one per turn tho. I'll probably send it down to Canary on the first one, which ought to buy her some time.

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Vashrun can most likely handle the sharpshooter dwarf by himself for a couple rounds, which leaves the rest of the battle at 2v4 in favor of our side. If Bob ties up Yargin well enough that he can't reliably get at Canary, that leaves it as a 1 on 3, Ash against Rothril, Sevren, and Canary. With Sevren still up top, he'll be able to aid whoever needs it, and Canary can back up out of LoS with Yargin and still provide some lockdown/damage on Ash.

bladecruiser on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm fully intending to, if I get healing, make Ash attack the dwarf and daze him on my next turn.

Also, I forgot to add this, but because of my feat, I have CA against both of those guys I hit until the end of this turn.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    An important note is that my heals only have a 5 square radius, and some of that is going to be affected by being way up on the roof. So don't go too far. Those infusions are like Mentos I can apply to you from afar.

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm a little worried about the guy with the big axe but hopefully I should be fine. After a second wind, my next turn should see 3 shrouds on the guy which is also the earliest I can attack. I'm still not sure whether I'd wait until the full four are down, but I'll see how the encounter shapes up.

SnowSquall on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I know I'm a little out of order, but I'm going to put my post. I sincerely doubt it would affect anything, but I'm out for most of the night and I don't want to hold up things. If I actually ended up holding up things...

SnowSquall on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well that didn't go as well as I'd hoped - but hey, he's marked now, so lets hope for the best.

Banana-Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It doesn't matter if you were our of turn Rothil. I just forgot to add this in the initiative block:

Here's how it goes: Allies/enemies take turns out of order in a group/block. In this case, Rothil and Bob can post their turns out of order, but then they post who is up next (or in this case, who is left to take their turn). Then it's Ash, then Vashrun, Canary and Sevren can post their turns, out of order, since they fall under the same block.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'll go after Sevren does.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well, at least the dwarf is getting cornered, if not taking any damage yet.

bladecruiser on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Woohoo! I connected! I was a little worried about attacking the barbarian with a reflex attack.

REG Rysk: you don't have to use a healing surge to get those free hp's

I wanted to go after Yargin but I think my attention would be focused where the cool alchemy item exploded and I'm happy to let the big scary metal man smack Yargin around for a moment.

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Would you like me to make the attack roll for Ash?

Yup, Post that as a free action.

Ash's Great Axe is his Melee basic, so you can just use the power given at his last turn for your rolls.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    @REG Rysk - Vashrun is in C9 already

bladecruiser on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Fine, then DONT slide him, good jorb. :P

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Couldn't he just go down to D9 and get his swing on?

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    He doesn't need to slide to swing, he can just stay there and swing.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Is there any way that you guys are going to be able to keep Ash on lockdown? The damage on that axe is making me pretty nervous, and the fact that he's swinging with a +7 makes it so it's not entirely unlikely he'll nail on of you guys and put you in a world of hurt.

If one of you could head up to Yagrin, my AC of 21 means that Ash would need a 14 to nail me, which might stand up a bit better.

Let me know what you think.

Banana-Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If any of you have messages for your next of kin, just shout them up to my rooftop :P

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Looks like Bob's going to need some help... ASAP!

Also: Sevren, how's the weather up there?

On the positive side: If you do manage to beat all of them, then you've pretty much cut Gaeren's power base by half!

Edit: Looks like you'll need some of your dailies in this fight!

Edit 2: Decided on sliding Ash to D9, just so that he can swing his big 'ole axe to Durnan due to Canary's power.

Also: Banana, like Ash, you don't roll for a saving throw against daze, since it specifically says it ends at the end of Yargin's next turn. You can still roll for a saving throw against the acid of course :P

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Critical Failure...

Should have known with my luck. Especially with the damage roll and the other bonuses, if I would have hit it would have been for close to 30 damage. At least I saved out of the ongoing damage.

Edit: Wait a second. I could use a Harrow Point to reroll the attack? The attack uses Dexterity so if I'm reading that right, I think that would be affected.
    Dexterity Rerolls: Spend a Harrow Point as a free action to reroll any one d20 roll modified by your Dexterity bonus. You must keep the new result, unless you have additional Harrow Points to spend for more rerolls.

SnowSquall on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeah that's some tough luck there. Yikes. Man, I only have one heal left to toss out and I can't really pick and choose between you and Bob. I'll figure it out by the time my turn comes around though.

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I think I'll be alright guys. Gimme a second, but I think I got some things I can burn through to make this ok.

Sev, use your heal on someone else, I'll be fine. And heeeere we go!

Banana-Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Alright, it's not pretty, but I'm sitting at 11 with a +2 to defenses (though I grant combat advantage, so that is kind of a wash).

We'll hope for the best!

EDIT: And I keep calling Yargin Yagrin for some reason.

I'd edit it into my post, but I don't want to ruin it with one of those Edit Notifications at the bottom of it, so I'll just keep it in mind for next time.

EDIT THE SECOND: And I keep forgetting to add the Warforge +2 Racial to Saving Throws against Ongoing Damage, but it doesn't really matter since I've gotten a 5 and a 7. I'll just have to keep it in mind.

Banana-Man on