As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Glossolalia presents: RADlands] Patch 2.0 drops, Pyros still underpowered

• Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I realize with the way I've been playing my character that it would make sense for me to take a couple of ods, so I'll do that when the patch drops.

Squall on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Aw, 2 points per rank for profession?

Gonna have to lose some (Enumerator) I guess.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Nice changes.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    going to respec Dan if possible, take out mute and jazz hands, grab gritty.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    also it would be rad if Chet would think to grab crabby some extra paper from the stationary store, seeing as he is a swell fellow who is always looking out for his buddies

Squall on
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    oh wow my very first raneadoodle

I shall cherish it

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    you now owe rane one (1) BJ

thank you for your purchase

Squall on
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I will just buy him some DLC instead

I'm ahead of the curve!

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ooh, Paragon is good even if you dont have a high social stat. Sweet.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm liking the new Freaker stuff so far

RAD specialization now seems entirely worth it, and Ride the Wave seems to be the only way to reliably gain RAD without going over cap

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm itching to respec. This is really awesome De?ad. The Paragon thing is pure genius. So you've added a bunch more Ads, just wondering if there are going to be some more ods as well?

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ahahahaha

nice, Firetruck

I think you have my favorite DeLarge

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    DE?AD wrote:
    The Ocean King enters the grocery store. The food is plentiful and ripe for the taking. Obvious exits are North, South and Dennis

Squall on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Changes are really nice. Not much was done to Freaker though so I'm happy for now.

Definitely picking up a point or two in Ride the Wave when I get the chance though.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hmmm, how brutal would it be to have a 1 in mental...Hmmmm...

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Shit...Jayce might be able to actually get away with having a 1 in mental.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hmmm... wondering if I should get something other than super agility just yet. granted it'll be at least one more adventure before I can purchase it.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    S-agility is what, 3 points?

We'll almost definitely get that much for the next adveture

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm debating whether to have my Social at 2 or 3 for my respec.

I guess my decision depends on how exactly burning spirit works.

Like, if I can choose in a round whether I'm defending with Social or Physical

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    If I weren't having so much fun with The Bro I would be sad that DE?AD made humans cool as soon as I ditched my human character.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    S-agility is what, 3 points?

We'll almost definitely get that much for the next adveture

It's based on Phys, so it's 4 points for Wolf.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    but if I understand correctly, ads like s-agility, s-strength, huge, &c. not only double your damage or dice pool, but they double the amount of wounds and bruises you can take

but since wolf already has huge, if he takes s-agility what happens? I presume the only benefit will be that he can run faster and doubles his dice pool for ranged attacks

Squall on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I cannot wait to find out what's up with the car in the desert.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well if the scaling continues like it has there is still a good chance of 4 points next mission

The first round had a base of 2 points, 3 if you did awesome and 1 if you did badly. This round has a base of 3, so as long as your team doesn't fuck up next mission you should get the 4 adpoints

of course this doesn't factor in any gained sat points we might eventually get

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    didn't realize The Bro is a freaker

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Argh. Want update. So I guess the cafe is the only option for supplies at the moment? Wonder if there's a backdoor leading anywhere or something.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm hoping mayfield finds something in one of these shops, but I'm still wary that we haven't seen any real challenges yet

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well the cafe hasn't really been looted at all, but not sure what sort of useful supplies it would have...

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm guessing DE?AD is gonna finish up the patch sometime tonite, then an update late night/early morning

Although I wouldn't mind an update sometime tomorrow night, would give some time for potential respecs

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dubh wrote: »
    didn't realize The Bro is a freaker

Warps reality to make it easier to take it easy.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    uh oh

Cliffs should have walked without Rhythm.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Couple questions:

Paragon: "gain a +1 multiplier to Social rolls" means you get an extra die? or your multiplier increases by 1? (ie. x1 becomes x2). I'm guessing it gives you a x2 multiplier due to the reference in the other ads.

How does the Paragon bruise yourself thing work with Repose, which gives you Social Armor in conjunction with it? Does the bruise you take just automatically go to your social health or is it reduced by your Armor (ie. Soc 4 means you can spend 2 bruises whenever you want because your armor covers it for you.) Also Maud'dib.

Burning Spirit: Do you use your Soc stat to roll defense, but bruises/wounds still go onto your Phys, or do you actually take the damage to your Social?

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Those are all excellent questions Marsh.

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well, I am especially interested in the defensive stuff for Henry. Whereas The Ocean King is hard enough to lead from the frontlines, if Henry goes paragon I'll be more interested in the utility uses then the battling uses.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Couple questions:

Paragon: "gain a +1 multiplier to Social rolls" means you get an extra die? or your multiplier increases by 1? (ie. x1 becomes x2). I'm guessing it gives you a x2 multiplier due to the reference in the other ads.

How does the Paragon bruise yourself thing work with Repose, which gives you Social Armor in conjunction with it? Does the bruise you take just automatically go to your social health or is it reduced by your Armor (ie. Soc 4 means you can spend 2 bruises whenever you want because your armor covers it for you.) Also Maud'dib.

Burning Spirit: Do you use your Soc stat to roll defense, but bruises/wounds still go onto your Phys, or do you actually take the damage to your Social?

Paragon increases your multiplier, just like Huge/Super-Strength/Mega-Brain do. A x1 becomes a x2, a x2 becomes a x3, etc.

Self-Inflicted Wounds always bypass armor.

You may defend with Social using Burning Spirit, but damage still goes to your Physical (note that, unlike Force-Field or Fire-Wall, it doesn't say anything about Physical injuries shifting over to Social)

DE?AD on
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I wonder what Jo'marli's avatar is gonna be. Paragon Club owner or Mutant Cactus?

Also damn, I'm gonna freaking destroy some fools with pyro. Entire cities will be burnt to the ground.

I got like three ideas for Syd to reseach as well.
    Dubh wrote: »
    nice, Firetruck

I think you have my favorite DeLarge

I was thinking the same thing

Everyone with songs for their DeLarge, I'm totally planning on whistling them accidentally. :P

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Couple questions:

Paragon increases your multiplier, just like Huge/Super-Strength/Mega-Brain do. A x1 becomes a x2, a x2 becomes a x3, etc.

Self-Inflicted Wounds always bypass armor.

You may defend with Social using Burning Spirit, but damage still goes to your Physical (note that, unlike Force-Field or Fire-Wall, it doesn't say anything about Physical injuries shifting over to Social)

So, for example, if I were using burning spirit with a social score of 3 and a physical score of 3, I would defend against physical attacks with six dice, but could still only take three hits until I was unconscious?

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Seems like you'd just roll your social dice for defense, not add it to your phys.

Still very useful though, even if your phys gets knocked down you can still defend at your social stat rate. limits the death spiral effect.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well, if I'm using burning spirit, that means I'm a Paragon. That makes my Social score effectively 3x2

e: right?

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Well snce you need paragon first (which give a multipler of x2) you would be defending with 6 dice

And like marsh said every hit that gets through would still only hit your physical. Allowing you to defend with 6 dice until your dying breath(Unless of course they start breaking your face)

E: yup basically

NeoToma on
This discussion has been closed.