As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition] PC version ETA Nov 30

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Good point Korodulin.

Time to reinstall and roll out with a party of frontline PC, Korgan, Viconia, Edwin, Haer'Dalis, and Jan. Alternative: Replace one of the later two with Anomen (turning Viconia into a Cleric/Thief if Jan is replaced).

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »
    it's not there in the base game anymore

Which base game? Because if you mean base BG1...
    jw9K8RGB

confirmed in iPad edition. Hooray!

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    if you have patched it it is gone. it most certainly was not there last time I played. I don't know about EE or gog versions.

Its there in BGEE as well.

• Options
    RedlanceRedlance Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    With the release of the EE I decided to continue my play through of BG1 from a year ago and ran into a bug. I'm currently in the
    Nashkel mines
    on the third level but it won't let me use the exit. It will let me go back the way I came fine but not forward. I'm not using Tutu or any mods, just vanilla Baldur's gate from GOG. Any ideas?

Edit: Fixed it somehow.

Redlance on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    IT'S FINALLY OUT ON IPAD? OMGOMGOMG.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back on December 8th, 2000, it was a Friday. I know this, because I got paid that day, and went and bought myself Baldur's Gate as a birthday present to myself.

Twelve years later. . .

Ah, where does the time go? :(

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Good point Korodulin.

Time to reinstall and roll out with a party of frontline PC, Korgan, Viconia, Edwin, Haer'Dalis, and Jan. Alternative: Replace one of the later two with Anomen (turning Viconia into a Cleric/Thief if Jan is replaced).

One of the first kick-ass youtube vids I saw of BG2 in Spell-hold featured an evil party focused on Viconia, Korgan, Edwin, and Jan. The video kicked all kinds of ass... let's see if I can pull it up...

EDIT: Damn, I couldn't find it. Must've gotten removed... well, it has been over 2 years since I've seen it.

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I just started up vanilla BG1.
    Wow. EE sure does look better!

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Oh hey, this thread. I haven't checked in on this in ages.

*browses main page*
    Neera the Wild Mage
    Wild Mage

Good thing I've already beaten the entire saga cause I sense a comedy run coming.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    The new npcs are interesting. Dorn has solid stats, good equipment, and a really good kit. I haven't really touched Neera but, you know, wild mage. Theeen you have Rasaad, who is a low level monk with mediocre stats, which is to say utterly worthless.

• Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Does a character you run through the BG:EE tutorial carry over to a full game playthrough, or does a tutorial character just exist there?

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    just tutorial

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    can export/import i think

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    Has anyone figured out what triggers Rasaad's quest? I am getting really tired of reloading the game because that guy ended up perforated by arrows again due to his wonderful combo of high movement speed and bad AC. I feel like I should at least take a look at the extra content they created before I toss him out though, and I have been enjoying his banter so far.

• Options
    Finally getting the hang of Baldur's Gate.
    Playing as a Priest of Helm now, and Seeking Sword seems super useful.
    So uh.. What am I supposed to be doing with all these bandit scalps I've been collecting?

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Save them. Eventually you'll come across a Flaming Fist captain who'll pay handsomely for them.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    Ah, thanks.
    Collecting scalps of my enemies seems a little weird to me, but what do I know? :P

• Options
    The NPC you're looking for is
    Officer Vai of the Flaming Fist
    who appears in the Jovial Juggler inn in Beregost after you solve the problems at the Nashkel mines.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    SorCSorC Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Finally getting the hang of Baldur's Gate.
    Playing as a Priest of Helm now, and Seeking Sword seems super useful.
    So uh.. What am I supposed to be doing with all these bandit scalps I've been collecting?

If you've completed chapter 1 and are in chapter 2 then there's a Flaming fist officer in Beregost that you can sell them to for 50 gold a piece. Alternatively you can sell them at some other vendors for 25 gold a piece. Beyond that, nothing that I'm aware of.

11776-1.png
  • Options
    I just found a +1 quarterstaff. Jaheira has points in staves and clubs. Should I give her the staff, or give her a shield to go with her club?

• Options
    SorCSorC Registered User regular
    I'd be using a shield to go with her club and have her memorize Shillelagh/Flameblade for more critical fights.

11776-1.png
  • Options
    I ended up tweaking BG2 a bit to balance it out more. The only things I did that felt like cheats is allowing Arcane Casting in Heavy Armor and Not restricting protection items equipped. Not like it matters since enemies by the end of ToB can hit you practically no matter what.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    SorC wrote: »
    I'd be using a shield to go with her club and have her memorize Shillelagh/Flameblade for more critical fights.
    Thanks. :)

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I can't imagine Rasaad being anything but a liability in BG1

Monk pre-level 10 is so fucking bad

• Options
    What are Rasaad's stats?

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    Rasaad is an example of why you give monks a point in Slings and single weapon fighting.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    Aw yeah, just picked up the Level 1 NPCs-modified Shar-Teel in my game.

She's a dual-katana Kensai with 9 CON.

This will be spectacular.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    Speaking of Kensai, I'm at a loss at what to do with mine. Do I make him dual over to a mage to give him insane buffing powers, dispelling powers, on top of his dual wielding prowess? Do I dual him to a thief and go for loltastically strong back-stabs?

Or do I go the pure route and keep him as a whirlwhind of death?

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    You know what my answer will be. Kensai in full plate backstabing things in late SoA and ToB.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    You know what my answer will be. Kensai in full plate backstabing things in late SoA and ToB.

The only problem I have with that route is what I'd do about having a solid mage. I want to keep Aerie and Jaheira in my group but that creates a different problem: I need a solid Cleric/Druid, and a solid Mage. I'm more partial to the buff routes myself, but then I'd be sad without a killer stealthy thief around (though I suppose Jan Jansen and Yoshimo could fit that bill).

I suppose Imoen with Short Bow of Gesen would be nice... hmmmm.

EDIT: Oh, and did I mention I'm going dual-katanas and later dual-scimitars for the sake of Usuno's Blade and Yamato?

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    muninnmuninn Registered User regular
    I am bummed. It seems that I need iOS6 to enjoy BG:EE.

I own the original iPAD, and I have no plans to upgrade since the original works just fine for my needs otherwise.

frownyface

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Well if you go Kensai/Mage, you can easily use Yoshimo as your thief until you can't.

The problem with Kensage with your party setup (if Aerie and Jaheira are set-in-stone party members) is that your only options for permanent thieves will be Jan, Imoen, or Nali-- err... I mean, just Jan and Imoen; that's three or more Mages in your party. While more is sometimes merrier, with three Mages hanging around, you're going to start running a bit low on spell scrolls to divvy out among your group just to learn stuff. Never mind that you will run low on gold buying three sets of scrolls unless you abuse infinite money loopholes.

My suggestion would be to do one of three things:

1. Go Kensai/Thief with heavy focus in stealth and maybe trap-setting, and use Jan as your second mage, a trap disarmer, and an illusion buster. He's a damn good thief, and the only permanent one that actually improves his skill. His default gear arguably makes him the best non-backstabbing thief, period. If you get sick of Jan by Spellhold, use Imoen instead.
    2. Go Kensage and add in a custom-made thief to your party, probably an Elf or Halfling Fighter/Thief.
    3. Do the underrated path and stay pure Kensai while using whoever the hell you want.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    muninn wrote: »
    I am bummed. It seems that I need iOS6 to enjoy BG:EE.

I own the original iPAD, and I have no plans to upgrade since the original works just fine for my needs otherwise.

frownyface

They haven't given up on the iPad 1 yet, they just released the iOS 6 only version while they continue to try and solve memory problems on the original iPad

Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    Whew. Found a +2 short sword.
    Shame none of my party can really use the damned thing.

• Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    Rizzi, is this your first time playing Baldur's Gate?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    All the talk of a poor remake has made me sad. While I dont really care for BG1, BG2 is my most favorite game of all time.

• Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    Really, the only issue I've had with the remake so far is that certain big spell effects do seem to slow the game down a lot, but it doesn't come up all that often.

Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    So, anybody who uses Item Revisions should know that there's a bug with wakizashis and ninja-tos, where they aren't benefiting from bonuses from STR. @ardanis from the IR team helpfully whipped up a quick fix for it, and I packaged it into a little .zip file if anyone else wants to fix it. Just put both items into your main BG2 directory and run it. Order doesn't really matter so much as long as it's after Item Revisions, and I'm lazy so it's sitting at the end of mine.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    I've been enjoying BGEE on my iPad, and quite frankly I'm very upset.

I mean, I have the new wild mage PC and I've only had one wild surge so far. And it put berries in her pocket.

• Options
    Man, Shar-Teel as a Kenasi is wrecking fools left and right. She'll die if there's a stiff breeze, but as long as I carefully manage her positioning she can lay waste to people. 14/16 main hand/offhand THAC0 using a katana and a wakizashi at only level 3 is extremely nice. When I can find a pair of bracers, though, look out world.

I'm also really coming to love bastard swords with the old Tweak Pack mod that lets you switch between using the sword one-handed or two-handed. Against tougher enemies or archers, Ajantis can use his bastard sword one-handed with his shield, but against fodder he can switch it to two-handed, gaining benefit from his two-handed weapon style points to do more damage, crit more often, and attack quicker. It's quite nice, and will be really great when I get the Lawgiver +2 bastard sword later on.

The biggest problem, though, is managing my reputation. Tiax and Shar-Teel will leave if my reputation rises too high (Shar-Teel gave me a 24-hour ultimatum at only 13 rep!), while Ajantis and probably Alora will leave if it gets too low. So I'm having to sink money into Lake Poets at inns to keep my reputation managed, and it's a bit of a pain. I'm not sure if the Tweak Pack's "Happy Patch" works with BG1 NPCs as well; I doubt it.

I still don't know what mage I'm going to go with. Edwin's great but stacks the alignment deck too far in favor of Evil, Wild Mage Dynaheir would also be great, but she does the same for good, Quayle takes forever to get going due to being multiclassed, and Xan is Xan. Xan would fit the party best, though, giving me two Neutral folks, two Good, and two Evil. A custom-made mage isn't out of the question either.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Xan seriously is not that bad.

I dunno how whatever mods you're using affects him, but Enchanter is a pretty good specialization and his Moonblade is at the very least a free -1 AC and 50% fire resist.

His only real problem is that even as far as Mages go he's fragile as hell. Kind of makes the fact that he gets a free +3 weapon a kick in the ass.