As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SEGA Rally Revo Screens PS3 (nsf56k)

SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
edited March 2007 in Games and Technology
NEW SEGA RALLY - AWESOME

NEW SEGA RALLY PS3 EXCLUSIVE(?) - NOT SO AWESOME

But its glad to see Sega keeping the series alive. Probably one of the BEST games on the Saturn. Definitely showed off how well the Saturn could really do 3D.

Well, here are some (bull)shots of the new game.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/755/755534p1.html

sega-rally-revo-20070116042837487.jpg
sega-rally-revo-20070116042902346.jpg
sega-rally-revo-20070116042859877.jpg

More at the link above.

Honestly, I happy to see them working on older franchises, like this and Afterburner. So, do you think well see Virtua Cop again?

Sheep on

• Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    360 version to be announced in a couple of months, I bet.

Ranced on
  • Options
    EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    In my lap is a soupy mixture of jizz and tears over the exictement that comes with a next-gen Sega Rally contrasted to the sick, sick joke that was Sega Rally 2006.

A man can only dream.

Einhander on
  • Options
    mrotsmrots Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    On a related note, is Sega Rally worth buying for Saturn/DC anymore? I can get them pretty cheap, but I've never played them before.

mrots on
    mrots.png
  • Options
    Future BluesFuture Blues Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Jaggy shadows... Is this going to be a trend with the PS3?

Future Blues on
    Xbox Live: No Reply
    Steam: Jacobontap
    LoL: FutureBlues
  • Options
    Robo BeatRobo Beat Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Smart money says that this isn't really a PS3 exclusive, or at worst a timed exclusive. Remember, Virtua Tennis 3 and Virtua Fighter 5 (!) were supposed to be PS3 exclusives, and now both are slated to drop sometime this year.

Regarding the shots, I'm pleased that they rendered the angular reflectors in the headlights. Don't know why, but that made me happy.

Robo Beat on
    This is not the greatest sig in the world.
    This is just a tribute.
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited January 2007
    don't really see why they're bullshots

bongi on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    bongi wrote:

Hence why Bull is (bull).

Sheep on
  • Options
    lofloloflo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sleep wrote:
    So, do you think well see Virtua Cop again?

It'd be nice, but bear in mind that Sega didn't bother releasing VC3 on xbox, even though it was running on the Chihiro platform (basically an xbox with more ram).

I wonder if Sega will ever get around to porting HotD 4 to 360 or ps3...

loflo on
  • Options
    DralloDrallo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The cars look like plastic toys.

Rally cars are never that clean.

The particle effects look like the best thing.

Drallo on
    katamarisig.jpg
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    If it really is exclusive Sony could have a system seller on their hands. I played the Saturn version to death, and that only had like four tracks.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    scootchscootch Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    hope it isn't exclusive. need some rally love.

scootch on
    TF2 stats
    PSN: super_emu
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Emuchop
  • Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    loflo wrote:
    Sleep wrote:
    So, do you think well see Virtua Cop again?

It'd be nice, but bear in mind that Sega didn't bother releasing VC3 on xbox, even though it was running on the Chihiro platform (basically an xbox with more ram).

I wonder if Sega will ever get around to porting HotD 4 to 360 or ps3...

There is a distinct lack of Arcade shooter ports lately. No TC4 for PS2 :(

As for this, fuck yeah. I really have high hopes for this. Though I hope it's not an exclusive. As many people need to play this bitch as possible.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited January 2007
    Sleep wrote:
    bongi wrote:

Hence why Bull is (bull).
    oh right

if those are bullshots then big :(s for sega

bongi on
  • Options
    For the FutureFor the Future ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    What. The. Fuck.

Those are not next generations graphics.

Frankly, for the level those graphics are supposed to be at they look like CRAP.

For the Future on
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    uh... looks pretty next gen to me. I would have thought people's expectations for what is "next gen" would have shifted closer to reality, but no, some people still expect the PS3 killzone graphics.

That said, I can't help but notice those jaggies. I fucking HATE jaggies.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited January 2007
    plufim wrote:
    uh... looks pretty next gen to me. I would have thought people's expectations for what is "next gen" would have shifted closer to reality, but no, some people still expect the PS3 killzone graphics.

ok compare those graphics to GT:HD

now say expectations of graphics better than the above are not realistic

bongi on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    cutting grooves into the mud.. to me thats fucking cool. I hope it affects other cars as the plow through them.

scootch on
    TF2 stats
  • Options
    lofloloflo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sleep wrote:

Just for the record, that article doesn't suggest that Sega Rally will be a ps3 exclusive. It just says that they have some exclusive new shots of it on ps3.

Last I heard, it was meant to be headed to 360, ps3, and PC.

edit: Sega europe site has it listed for ps3 and 360.

loflo on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I would say those might be bullshots because they are 760 pixels, not 720, 768, or 1080. Those images weren't captured in an actual in-game resolution.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    BacklashBacklash Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I really liked Sega Rally 2 on the DC, but I think I'd still rather see Rallisport 3 at this point.

Backlash on
    Absoludacrous.jpg
    SSBB: 2921-8745-1438
    Diamond: 2320-2615-4086
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Wow, it still doesn't even come close to Rallisport 2, graphically, with exception to the deformable terrain.

I think that speaks volumes about just how impressive of a game RSC2 was.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    bongi wrote:
    plufim wrote:

Well... GT:HD is currently awesome cars driving on... uh, not so awesome tracks. Perhaps this could look better, but it DOES look next gen. Xbox, PS2 and cube couldn't do it.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    plufim wrote:
    bongi wrote:
    plufim wrote:

Well... GT:HD is currently awesome cars driving on... uh, not so awesome tracks. Perhaps this could look better, but it DOES look next gen. Xbox, PS2 and cube couldn't do it.

Not to mention that you're going to have to pay $TEXAS for the tracks and like $OREGON for the cars.

Okay, maybe more like $NEW YORK and $MARYLAND, but you get the picture.

Robo Beat on
    This is just a tribute.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Robo Beat wrote:
    plufim wrote:
    bongi wrote:
    plufim wrote:

Not to mention that you're going to have to pay $TEXAS for the tracks and like $OREGON for the cars.

Someone hasn't kept up on the news.

Backlash on
    Absoludacrous.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Backlash wrote:
    Robo Beat wrote:
    plufim wrote:
    bongi wrote:
    plufim wrote:

Well, I have been out of town (and away from a computer) on business for like the last month and a half. Fill me in?

Robo Beat on
    This is just a tribute.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Robo Beat wrote:
    Backlash wrote:
    Robo Beat wrote:
    plufim wrote:
    bongi wrote:
    plufim wrote:

Well, I have been out of town (and away from a computer) on business for like the last month and a half. Fill me in?

Basically they scrapped the microtransation part of GT:HD, turned it into just a downloadable demo for people in Japan, and put all of their resources into GT5.

Backlash on
    Absoludacrous.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Backlash wrote:
    Robo Beat wrote:
    Backlash wrote:
    Robo Beat wrote:
    plufim wrote:
    bongi wrote:
    plufim wrote:

Basically they scrapped the microtransation part of GT:HD, turned it into just a downloadable demo for people in Japan, and put all of their resources into GT5.

Well, that is refreshing to hear. It was a doomed idea from the start, IMHO.

Robo Beat on
    This is just a tribute.
  • Options
    Liabe BraveLiabe Brave Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Recoil42 wrote:
    Wow, it still doesn't even come close to Rallisport 2, graphically, with exception to the deformable terrain.

I love the heck out of Rallisport Challenge 2 (except for the co-driver), but you are spouting hyperbole. This is technically superior in every way. Your personal tastes in style and presentation might prefer the less graphically-advanced game, but it definitely is less graphically-advanced.

Liabe Brave on
    My name is Christian Smith.
    "I just want people to see my action heart."
  • Options
    MonaroMonaro Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    mrots wrote:
    On a related note, is Sega Rally worth buying for Saturn/DC anymore? I can get them pretty cheap, but I've never played them before.

Fuck yeah it is. Put more time in to that game than any other game on the Saturn I did.
    If it really is exclusive Sony could have a system seller on their hands. I played the Saturn version to death, and that only had like four tracks.

Hell, if they jusy ported Sega Rally Championship and changed nothing but the visuals to current standard I'd buy it. Twice.

Monaro on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    loflo wrote:
    Sleep wrote:

Just for the record, that article doesn't suggest that Sega Rally will be a ps3 exclusive. It just says that they have some exclusive new shots of it on ps3.

Last I heard, it was meant to be headed to 360, ps3, and PC.

edit: Sega europe site has it listed for ps3 and 360.

Indeed, Teamxbox has some mega heug images right here;

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12575/First-SEGA-Rally-Revo-Screenshots/

Also, I doubt they are bullshots either way, if anything those graphics look pretty crappy compared to PGR3, GTHD etc. and even the new Colin McRae : Dirt game, even though some of these look taken from the replay mode.;

1035_0001.jpg

1035_0002.jpg

1035_0003.jpg

1035_0004.jpg

1035_0005.jpg

1035_0006.jpg

1035_0007.jpg

1035_0008.jpg

Still, SEGA rally kicks arse, should be good.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    *CMR sex*

I really do hope they're not cleaned up screenies, been a long while since CMR series grabbed my interest.

After Sega Rally 2006, I've little faith in Sega bringing this series back to greatness, especially considering they prefer to focus on the arcade side (are they releasing it on the arcade first?) of the games market.

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    For the record, the game was announced last April, and is in development as said above, for the PS3 and Xbox 360. There is also a PC version in development as well.

etoychest on
  • Options
    Sword of LuckSword of Luck Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Airan wrote:
    After Sega Rally 2006, I've little faith in Sega bringing this series back to greatness, especially considering they prefer to focus on the arcade side (are they releasing it on the arcade first?) of the games market.

This is being developed by a brand new studio based in the UK though. The head of the studio worked on the first 3 Colin McRae games and if a poster on insertcredit can be believed, some of the guys that made the Rallisport games are also working on it. My hopes are up.

Sword of Luck on
    GamerTag: Sword of Luck
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Airan wrote:

This is being developed by a brand new studio based in the UK though. The head of the studio worked on the first 3 Colin McRae games and if a poster on insertcredit can be believed, some of the guys that made the Rallisport games are also working on it. My hopes are up.

Heh, that studio was featured in Edge's Studio Profile section some issues ago. I may have to dig it up and read about them.

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Recoil42 wrote:

I love the heck out of Rallisport Challenge 2 (except for the co-driver), but you are spouting hyperbole. This is technically superior in every way. Your personal tastes in style and presentation might prefer the less graphically-advanced game, but it definitely is less graphically-advanced.

And you are spouting nonsense. Technical superiority means nothing when you don't have good art/design team, and don't tell me it's objective: in a realistic game like this, there is no objectivity, it's not fucking wind waker, there's no purely artistic level here -- it's an imitation of reality, and that's merely a scale from one to ten, not a personal opinion.

And there's no way you can honestly tell me that

1169056342.jpg

looks more realistic than

rc21.jpg
    rc24.jpg

We're not talking theoreticals here, we're talking real world evaluation. And things like real time reflections, advanced shadowing, motion blur, and the like all HELP make your game look better, but they don't automatically mean your game looks better.

Now, CMR screens up there, now THAT is an example of next gen.

Tell me this, do you think CMR has any technical level of superiority over SEGA Rally Evo? They both have motion blur, they both have advanced shadowing, motion blur, etc. etc. etc..

Then why does CMR look so much better? It's because they use those effects better.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    one thing I really hope is they bring back the way the original Sega Rally played. the cars in Sega Rally felt really heavy like they should feel.. Not so in Sega Rally 2.... :(

scootch on
    TF2 stats
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    I rented the last Colin Mcrae game for Xbox. The cars felt way too heavy and the 2 player mode was balls.

Now TOCA Race Driver 2, I actually liked that one on the Xbox.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It blinds me with it's ridiculous colour D:

Duki on
  • Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It's pretty obvious I'm kind of next gen deprived (where be my Snes?) as these screens, despite the bitching I'm seeing make me go "Whoomp whoomp eye sex".

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Colin McRae looks incredible.

bruin on