Options

PS3 cables. Read if you don't have them.

2»

• Options
    RandomVinceRandomVince Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    victor_c26 wrote:
    Sony managed to piss off it's customers yet again in a unique manner. *clap*......*clap*

There should be an award for this by now.

There is. [spoiler:3279326fe0]Market leadership.[/spoiler:3279326fe0]

But seriously. I think the first few posts cover it nicely.

1. Dont tell Sony that you used anything third party.
    2. The questions should be obvious enough as to what the right answer is.
    3. These third party products like component cables and memory cards are completely unrelated to the performance of, say, a dvd laser mechanism. Sony repair workers wont be able to tell that you lied to them, the people you speak to are just trying to cover their arse at the expense of what should be reasonably expected of them.

RandomVince on
    ULTIMATUM, n. In diplomacy, a last demand before resorting to concessions.
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Cript wrote:
    Ok, I dislike Sony as much as the next person does, but this is realy reaching for dirt by the haters seeing as Sony isn't the only one that has this policy for 3rd party accesories.

Simple fix is to lie.

For Sony the simple fix is to fix. I am constantly amazed at how customer service culture at big companies becomes focused on fear of people gaming the system rather than customer service. I can understand a company wanting to have broad warranty disclaimers but I don't understand trying to use them to avoid fixing unrelated problems.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    GlaealGlaeal Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dominus wrote:
    Oh, that wacky Sony. Always trying to weasel out of warranty repairs. If true, though, that may just be illegal...
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode15/usc_sup_01_15_10_50.html

For those who don't want to read the whole thing...

(c) Prohibition on conditions for written or implied warranty; waiver by Commission
    No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumer’s using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade, or corporate name; except that the prohibition of this subsection may be waived by the Commission if—
    (1) the warrantor satisfies the Commission that the warranted product will function properly only if the article or service so identified is used in connection with the warranted product, and
    (2) the Commission finds that such a waiver is in the public interest.

Translation: Sony can't void a warranty by banning the use of specifically named third-party cables, unless they can prove it will only work right with Sony cables. A manufacturer has to prove that an aftermarket or 3rd party part or accessory caused the failure if they want to void the warranty, UNLESS they supply their own version of the part or accessory for free.

I'm not sure that the law specifically covers a general ban on all third-party cables, though. Seems like it would, but hey, I'm not a lawyer.

I see a class action lawsuit in the making.

Glaeal on
  • Options
    CriptCript Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Cript wrote:
    Ok, I dislike Sony as much as the next person does, but this is realy reaching for dirt by the haters seeing as Sony isn't the only one that has this policy for 3rd party accesories.

Simple fix is to lie.

For Sony the simple fix is to fix. I am constantly amazed at how customer service culture at big companies becomes focused on fear of people gaming the system rather than customer service. I can understand a company wanting to have broad warranty disclaimers but I don't understand trying to use them to avoid fixing unrelated problems.

Im not saying it isn't a shitty deal because it is. Im just saying this kinda crap isn't exclusive to Sony.

Cript on
    Dirty+RNA.png
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Don't be a fucking idiot. They would have to prove that the aftermarket part CAUSED the malfuction. If they can't do that, they have to honor the warranty. More fanboi FUD. :arrow:

jwalk on