As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Semi-Legal Response to Real ID's Security Breach

SphaerusSphaerus Registered User new member
edited July 2010 in MMO Extravaganza
Great idea for a first post, amirite? Read through this before you go walleyed. I assure you, it's probably not what you think it is.

Here's the short version of this whole dealio. I was directed to a few rather horrifying links that suggest a very serious breach in the security of Blizzard's recently-released Real ID service that violates a very heavily suggested ability to maintain privacy (i.e. their basically saying "don't want people knowing your real name, don't use Real ID"). They can be seen here and here.

I was then moved to send this letter to Blizzard and am currently very serious about this. My privacy has been violated when I was told it would not be and it happened due to Blizzard's outright negligence to secure the personal information of their customers.

Sphaerus on
This discussion has been closed.