As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E - Forgotten Realms - Maptool/Skype] A Taste of Blood - Recruiting 1 PC

DrKissinger1DrKissinger1 Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Critical Failures
tasteofblood.jpg

A Taste of Blood is an in-progress 4E D&D campaign set in the post-Spellplague Forgotten Realms. The year has freshly turned over, and it is now the first tenday of 1480, Dale Reckoning. The campaign has thus far transpired in the Moonsea Region with a short foray into the Dalelands.

A very truncated sampling of events thus far:

-A punitive expedition against a copycat band of hobgoblin raiders in the Dalelands.

-A race against the clock to foil an attempted assassination of Lord Nomerthal of Hillsfar by the Church of Cyric.

-A delve into a long-sealed and forgotten Thayan Enclave.

-A mission from the Harpers to kill the Oni bandit lord of Thar.

-The search for and exploration of the tomb of Scyllua Darkhope.

-A massive military expedition led by the Monastery of the Sun Soul into Zhentil Keep's Spellplagued and undead-ridden southern quarter.

I can detail the overarching thread of the campaign to anyone interested.
Who do we need?

1. Since the party is consistently one man short due to scheduling, we would like a sixth as backup. This DOES NOT mean that you're an "understudy'' to the existing PCs. If 6 people can make it, we will play with six (with modified encounters, of course)

2. A character of 9th level. Standard rules apply for creating a new character at that level (one 9th level magical item or lower, one 10th or lower, and one 8th or lower).

2. Preferably a Striker.

3. Preferably someone passionate about the Forgotten Realms setting. Though I'm a relatively new tabletop player/DM, I've been weened into the universe by Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights and have become quite taken with the lore. Someone already interested in the setting will probably get the most of my style of DMing.

4. Someone capable of starting play somewhere between 5:00 PM and 7:00 PM EST. We still play it by ear on which days we play, mostly dependent on how schedules match up. However, we consistently play about once a week at those hours.

5. Someone with a microphone! This is critical to simulating the tabletop environment.
If you're interested:

Either reply to this thread or drop me a PM. If you haven't played online using Maptool before, no worries. We use a neat D&D framework to make things easy. It's a quick download here: http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=downloads#MapTool NOTE: We are a bit lazy and are still using v1.3.b63.

We use Skype for voice chat.

DrKissinger1 on

• Options
    DrKissinger1DrKissinger1 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Boy did this thing plummet off the page.

The Realms need heroes, people!

DrKissinger1 on