As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

router being a silly goose

EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
Last night my internet was running fine. This morning, not so much. Everything was timing out. Help?

I reset the (wireless) router. Nothing.
Reset modem and router. Nothing.
Tried roommates laptop. Nothing.
Plug my computer directly in to the modem. Everything is running perfectly.

I can only connect to the router about half the time. When I can connect it says the connection is "excellent", but everything times out, or just doesn't work. All the lights that are normally on are on. Everything is plugged in correctly.

The router in question is a Comstar WA-6206. I can't find much on google except that it is a cheap router.

EskimoDave on

• Options
    Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Try this, it's the only fix when my cable screws up.

Unplug the power cord from the router and modem. Unplug the ethernet cable from the modem to the router. Disconnect the 'internet in' line on the modem. Wait a couple of minutes. Plug in power for modem and when all the lights have settled on the modem plug in the internet line. Give it a minute or so then plug back in the router. Reconnect the router to the modem.

Roland_tHTG on
  • Options
    EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    did that, nothing.

EskimoDave on