Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Fate of Two Worlds - Hopping removed due to infinite on Thor.

1235761

Posts

  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Crovaxan wrote: »
    So what does the ammy ultra with the 4 kanji do?

    Well, in the game, it slows down time, so it either gives her ultra-quickness or slows/freezes the enemy.

    It slowed Cap way down, including his jump speed, so I'll guess it's the latter.

    SabreMau on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Most superhero costumes look stupid. Only the great heroes get to have costumes which have gone from "stupid" to "classic".

    I like this guy!

    Godfather on
    0WBv0.png
  • AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fireball, Command Throw, and Power Dunk.

    Gonna love me some Thor.

    Automaticzen on
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Godfather wrote: »
    Thor's costume in general is pretty stupid looking, the only reason nobody calls him out on it is because he could crush them like a grape.


    EDIT: Got nothing against comic books, i'm just not that into them.


    I have had a really bad case of getting penalized for liking very popular characters from comic book fans and then shunned for not knowing every single obscure character. This happens at my school all the time, and it's kinda annoying!

    It doesn't help that some characters you think are obscure aren't by any stretch. And your reactions are kind of harsh and based on basically nothing but your opinon.

    Ultimate Thor is a male nurse vegan hippie that holds raves btw. Not the epitome of manly.

    King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ultimate anyone are complete losers anyway

    BlindPsychic on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ultimate anyone are complete losers anyway

    Ultimate Cap is alright. Like your grandfather except he'll go stab the fish instead of telling you to be paitent.

    Ultimate Hulk seems cool when he's not eating mans. Like we could go to a kegger

    King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Fatboy RobertsFatboy Roberts Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Ultimate Spider-Man is probably the best Spider-Man in the last 30 years.

    Fatboy Roberts on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Godfather wrote: »
    Thor's costume in general is pretty stupid looking, the only reason nobody calls him out on it is because he could crush them like a grape.


    EDIT: Got nothing against comic books, i'm just not that into them.


    I have had a really bad case of getting penalized for liking very popular characters from comic book fans and then shunned for not knowing every single obscure character. This happens at my school all the time, and it's kinda annoying!

    It doesn't help that some characters you think are obscure aren't by any stretch. And your reactions are kind of harsh and based on basically nothing but your opinon.

    Ultimate Thor is a male nurse vegan hippie that holds raves btw. Not the epitome of manly.

    I'm just tellin' you how I see it.


    Guys like Magneto, Venom, Wolverine, the Hulk and Spidey are people everybody knows. The average person generally didn't know who guys like Iron Man were until the movie came out.


    I'm trying to view this through the eyes of someone who just doesn't keep up with comics, because that's a big marketing area! I'm not trying to be mean, i'm just stating "hey, this person probably won't show up because he's not that well known!" Since they have to build these models from the ground up, they're probably going to go with something a little more mainstream and accessible! Just because something's popular doesn't mean it's automatically blacklisted!


    Don't really care about the beard thing, I just thought it was funny :P

    Godfather on
    0WBv0.png
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ultimate Spider-Man is probably the best Spider-Man in the last 30 years.

    And his clone saga didn't suck

    Psychotic One on
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well, I don't think that many people who don't read comics know who Super Skrull is (god knows I didn't), so the possibility for slightly less obvious characters is there.

    Though given the small numbers they have to work with, I doubt they're going to go way obscure on the Marvel ones.

    mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Capcom loves popular characters like Marrow, Spiral, Silver Samurai, and Shuma Gorath

    BlindPsychic on
  • KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Godfather wrote: »
    Thor's costume in general is pretty stupid looking, the only reason nobody calls him out on it is because he could crush them like a grape.


    EDIT: Got nothing against comic books, i'm just not that into them.


    I have had a really bad case of getting penalized for liking very popular characters from comic book fans and then shunned for not knowing every single obscure character. This happens at my school all the time, and it's kinda annoying!


    Dude, your entire post history here could be summed up as "I'M NOT A NERD YOU'RE A NERD!"

    You seem to have this mindset that anyone who even remotely opens a comic book is a virgin who will die alone.

    You come off as a smug socialite and it pisses me off.

    KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Woah there, overreacting a bit aren't you.



    ...while I'm here, Iron Man more obscure than Magneto? What?

    gunwarrior on
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    gunwarrior wrote: »
    Woah there, overreacting a bit aren't you.



    ...while I'm here, Iron Man more obscure than Magneto? What?

    At a certain point in time, this would be true, given that there were three X-Men movies before the Iron Man movie.

    Probably not now though.

    mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • hadokenhadoken Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Godfather wrote: »
    Thor's costume in general is pretty stupid looking, the only reason nobody calls him out on it is because he could crush them like a grape.


    EDIT: Got nothing against comic books, i'm just not that into them.


    I have had a really bad case of getting penalized for liking very popular characters from comic book fans and then shunned for not knowing every single obscure character. This happens at my school all the time, and it's kinda annoying!


    Dude, your entire post history here could be summed up as "I'M NOT A NERD YOU'RE A NERD!"

    You seem to have this mindset that anyone who even remotely opens a comic book is a virgin who will die alone.

    You come off as a smug yuppie and it pisses me off.

    You two silly geese should finish the fight when this game comes out.

    Did i see Amaterasu use a hook to grab the wall and pull himself to the side, kinda like an air dash? because if so, he is the better of Link.

    hadoken on
  • CrovaxanCrovaxan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't know I've never really been into comic books. I mean yea i watched spiderman and xmen as a kid. But i still knew who iron man was.

    Hell i even knew who warmachine was. although i thought of him as a real world tech guy compared to starks future tech.


    EDIT: AM I the only one that noticed that the team of iron man, cap and thor, ironman says "Avengers Assemble." If you create certain teams will the introduction change? because that kicks all kinds of ass

    EDIT2: and caps victory pose mentions avengers as well.

    Crovaxan on
    1850973-1.png
    Crovax.436 Steam: Crovaxan
  • Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    hadoken wrote: »
    Godfather wrote: »
    Thor's costume in general is pretty stupid looking, the only reason nobody calls him out on it is because he could crush them like a grape.


    EDIT: Got nothing against comic books, i'm just not that into them.


    I have had a really bad case of getting penalized for liking very popular characters from comic book fans and then shunned for not knowing every single obscure character. This happens at my school all the time, and it's kinda annoying!


    Dude, your entire post history here could be summed up as "I'M NOT A NERD YOU'RE A NERD!"

    You seem to have this mindset that anyone who even remotely opens a comic book is a virgin who will die alone.

    You come off as a smug yuppie and it pisses me off.

    You two silly geese should finish the fight when this game comes out.

    Did i see Amaterasu use a hook to grab the wall and pull himself to the side, kinda like an air dash? because if so, he is the better of Link.

    In the game it was one of his Bloom upgrades. He can cause flowers to grow vines to pull him to them.

    EDIT: I'm glad they kept the grass growing everywhere he walks.

    Chrono Helix on
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Did we even see any of Ammy's special moves there, supers aside? I assumed all the mirror/sword/whip stuff were just normal attacks and her specials would be celestial brushes like the Slash and Bomb.

    Specials seem to be the counter-attack Izuna Drop, the big sword slash (has a minor charge-up time) and the bullets (ground and anti-air). Maybe the air-dash?

    El Fantastico on
    akyxa17p3s5g.png
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    hadoken wrote: »
    Godfather wrote: »
    Thor's costume in general is pretty stupid looking, the only reason nobody calls him out on it is because he could crush them like a grape.


    EDIT: Got nothing against comic books, i'm just not that into them.


    I have had a really bad case of getting penalized for liking very popular characters from comic book fans and then shunned for not knowing every single obscure character. This happens at my school all the time, and it's kinda annoying!


    Dude, your entire post history here could be summed up as "I'M NOT A NERD YOU'RE A NERD!"

    You seem to have this mindset that anyone who even remotely opens a comic book is a virgin who will die alone.

    You come off as a smug yuppie and it pisses me off.

    You two silly geese should finish the fight when this game comes out.

    Did i see Amaterasu use a hook to grab the wall and pull himself to the side, kinda like an air dash? because if so, he is the better of Link.

    In the game it was one of his Bloom upgrades. He can cause flowers to grow vines to pull him to them.

    EDIT: I'm glad they kept the grass growing everywhere he walks.

    Not to nitpick.

    But it's she...not he.

    Dragkonias on
  • DudBoltDudBolt Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Does cap power bomb ryu?

    DudBolt on
    Gather the faithful and prepose a toast. To an epoch of indifference. - In Flames: Ordinary Story
    http://beta.humugus.com/index.php/auth/register/inv/1966
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    hadoken wrote: »
    Godfather wrote: »
    Thor's costume in general is pretty stupid looking, the only reason nobody calls him out on it is because he could crush them like a grape.


    EDIT: Got nothing against comic books, i'm just not that into them.


    I have had a really bad case of getting penalized for liking very popular characters from comic book fans and then shunned for not knowing every single obscure character. This happens at my school all the time, and it's kinda annoying!


    Dude, your entire post history here could be summed up as "I'M NOT A NERD YOU'RE A NERD!"

    You seem to have this mindset that anyone who even remotely opens a comic book is a virgin who will die alone.

    You come off as a smug yuppie and it pisses me off.

    You two silly geese should finish the fight when this game comes out.

    Did i see Amaterasu use a hook to grab the wall and pull himself to the side, kinda like an air dash? because if so, he is the better of Link.

    In the game it was one of his Bloom upgrades. He can cause flowers to grow vines to pull him to them.

    EDIT: I'm glad they kept the grass growing everywhere he walks.

    Not to nitpick.

    But it's she...not he.

    Amaterasu is a sun goddess. In Okami she's taken the form of a genderless dog.

    Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Okay?

    Dragkonias on
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Did we even see any of Ammy's special moves there, supers aside? I assumed all the mirror/sword/whip stuff were just normal attacks and her specials would be celestial brushes like the Slash and Bomb.

    Specials seem to be the counter-attack Izuna Drop, the big sword slash (has a minor charge-up time) and the bullets (ground and anti-air). Maybe the air-dash?

    I thought the Drop might be a throw move, not a special, but I see your point otherwise. I just guessed the bullets might be a single button projectile like Megaman has. I hope we at least get the bombs in some way. We got the vine whip, as others saw.

    EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ammy is my main now. I play casual, and only pick characters I think are cool or had fun with in previous games. And my whole family had fun with Okami because Ammy looks like our dog. I used Strider, Ruby Heart and Gambit for better or worse.

    Ugh. I hope this game doesn't turn into an online wasteland like MvC2 and BlazBlue. In an age of online patching, that So Broken It's Not shit will not fly with me anymore.

    Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Her specials might just be switching between the different weapons. In TvC Megaman's only specials were switching weapons. It's not without precedence.

    Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I wouldn't say MvC2 is a wasteland. There are quite a few people on, most of them just know how to use the top characters. Though since MvC2 doesn't penalize for pulling, you get a lot of that.

    As for BB, yeah, the broken characters were a reason a lot of people stopped playing online. CS is a lot better in that regard so hopefully it'll stay good. That being said, I don't really have problems finding games...but I do end up playing the same people over and over again sometimes.

    Dragkonias on
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    mvc2 never had much going online, its just old as hell and the barrier to become competitive online is like whoa. and no one plays blazblue any more because the new one is imminent and the old one is broken. i think mvc3 will do well personally.

    Ah_Pook on
    Pancho needs your prayers it's true
    But save a few for Lefty too
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I will be up for casual MVC2 matches anytime. Tremble before my super low-tier but awesome teams!

    blaze_zero on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    blaze_zero wrote: »
    I will be up for casual MVC2 matches anytime. Tremble before my super low-tier but awesome teams!

    Is it still discounted on XBL? I mean I'm horrible at the game but if you want to play against someone horrible I would gladly buy it for that.

    Dragkonias on
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Uh, not sure. I can go check quick.

    It's 1200 MS points, so I don't think so.

    blaze_zero on
  • Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Did we even see any of Ammy's special moves there, supers aside? I assumed all the mirror/sword/whip stuff were just normal attacks and her specials would be celestial brushes like the Slash and Bomb.

    Specials seem to be the counter-attack Izuna Drop, the big sword slash (has a minor charge-up time) and the bullets (ground and anti-air). Maybe the air-dash?

    I thought the Drop might be a throw move, not a special, but I see your point otherwise. I just guessed the bullets might be a single button projectile like Megaman has. I hope we at least get the bombs in some way. We got the vine whip, as others saw.

    There's also that moment where she summoned a piece of paper with a single stroke of ink on it, and when it landed on Wolverine he got slashed.

    Chrono Helix on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I did a double take with that intro with Thor in it. He was in the back, and the way he put his dukes up...I thought it was Heihachi. It was just his awesome hat. D:

    Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    How is online MvC2 online a wasteland? I rarely have trouble finding a game to join and even if I do, there's almost always people around to join one you make.

    The problem is just dealing with the people who pick bullshit characters. Pretty disheartening to join up on three separate rooms and see three separate games with Cable and Blackheart both in play on the same team and sometimes on both sides. At least people who know how to use the super teams make for quick games one way or another; slogging your way through a fight against keepaway characters with the wrong characters is such a grind. I see the keepaway players way, way more frequently than any other type since it's just so incredibly easy to play that way in MvC2.

    Ninja Snarl P on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    How is online MvC2 online a wasteland? I rarely have trouble finding a game to join and even if I do, there's almost always people around to join one you make.

    The problem is just dealing with the people who pick bullshit characters. Pretty disheartening to join up on three separate rooms and see three separate games with Cable and Blackheart both in play on the same team and sometimes on both sides. At least people who know how to use the super teams make for quick games one way or another; slogging your way through a fight against keepaway characters with the wrong characters is such a grind. I see the keepaway players way, way more frequently than any other type since it's just so incredibly easy to play that way in MvC2.

    There could be 100 different people on, all ready to play the moment I press Quick Search, and if that's the shit that happens...Wasteland.

    Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Cantido wrote: »
    There could be 100 different people on, all ready to play the moment I press Quick Search, and if that's the shit that happens...Wasteland.

    Now that is something I can agree with, which is why I have a burning hatred for the pure keepaway crap. It isn't impressive, it isn't fun, and it completely sucks the fun out of the game for the person not using it. Not to mention it keeps new players from enjoying things because they aren't going to know how to get around that horrid crap.

    Ninja Snarl P on
  • Baka_ShadeBaka_Shade Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    In the Amaterasu reveal, is that Issun chattering in the background? That's fantastic.

    Baka_Shade on
    kanpilgrimsigfinal2.png
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ugh. I shouldn't have GIS'd Okami. I was just looking for the fancy art, but it seems drawing Ammy as a person with dog ears is a thing now.

    Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Baka_Shade wrote: »
    In the Amaterasu reveal, is that Issun chattering in the background? That's fantastic.

    I'm guessing they'll have different announcers you can listen to, Issun ought to be making nonsensical sounds.

    Chrono Helix on
  • gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Cantido wrote: »
    Ugh. I shouldn't have GIS'd Okami. I was just looking for the fancy art, but it seems drawing Ammy as a person with dog ears is a thing now.

    You're surprised by this?

    And aside from the one furry on the second page, there are only like 4 pics of human ammy

    gunwarrior on
  • Stand, Killer QueenStand, Killer Queen Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Oh man, it feels good to see people are as iffy on MvC2 on XBLA as me. Personally I like MvC1 a lot more so it's a bit of a bias issue, however trying to just randomly hop online is asking to be torn apart by people committed to playing in ways that are literally designed to not give the opponent a chance to fight back. it's as bad as Dead or Alive really. Worse, actually as matches in MvC2 last longer than DOA so it's more grating on the nerves.

    Still looking forward to MvC3 as I like the characters announced for it and it looks... prettier than SF4. Maybe the roster will be balanced better than 2.

    Stand, Killer Queen on
    sig.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.