As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SOLVED

Triple BTriple B Bastard of the NorthMARegistered User regular
edited November 2020 in Help / Advice Forum
god i was dumb back then

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
Triple B on

• Options
    phoxphyrephoxphyre Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have something similar with my Logitech Bluetooth kit mouse. (And I'm in a similar upgrade solution.)

What I did was to plug in the USB dongle into a USB extension cable, and extend it up onto my desk. It works so far, but I still have a tiny bit of input lag (and I never used to with XP.)

I'll be following this thread with interest :)

phoxphyre on
    Remember the Slug; They have all the disadvantages of Snails, but without the benefit of home-ownership...
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've also just confirmed that 99% of it seems to happen when I'm running a game. I just tried playing The Witcher again, and even at the main menu, I hadn't even been at the menu for a few seconds, and the mouse cut out. It also happens a hell of a lot during Fallout 3, LOTRO, etc. Any game, really. What the hell?

Edit: Also I'm running the same OS as I was before (XP Pro) Literally the *only* thing I changed between when my mouse worked fine and now was my tower.

Triple B on
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    this may sound like a dumb question, but could it be the rechargeable battery you're using no longer holds a decent charge? if the battery is four years old, could be that causing the issue.

i have an MX 1000 and i ran into wonky signal problems with it. once i replaced the rechargeable battery with a more reliable eneloop, thing worked fine.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nah actually it's still holding a charge just about as well as it did when I bought it. I'm starting to think my mouse might just be going faulty. Though I find it really, really strange that the problem only occurs when I play games. I've tried it with and without the driver utility running, with and without hardware acceleration, and yet every time I run a program, the damn thing freezes up.

I'm thinking as an easy fix, I might just give up on the whole wireless thing and throw in for a G500. I've heard it's a pretty excellent gaming mouse, and while I'm really not hot on the idea of going corded again after four or five years, I'm also pretty tired of dealing with a mouse that doesn't respond half the time. :(

Triple B on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Try rollingback the driver. My g/f had a similar issue in XP, but no longer has it in Windows7.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me