As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cracked.com on a blackberry

Peter PrinciplePeter Principle Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
When I'm surfing through cracked.com on my bb, I'll often have articles appear with zero content. The only thing that shows up is the cracked.com header n footer and the "View on Single Page" hyperlink, i.e. evertything you'd see on a regular article page but the article itself is mia. I want the el ol els, doubleyou tee eff!

Cracked have a few suggestions for optimizing viewing on BB devices, which I have implemented. This still happens. Frequency is about 40-60 of the articles I attempt to read. I can discern no difference between articles which appear and articles that don't. Of course, when I search these articles out on my PC they show up as normal. I have not noticed this phenomenon on any other website. My bb is a Curve 8330.

Any idea what's causing this &/ how to fix it?

"A man is likely to mind his own business when it is worth minding. When it is not, he takes his mind off his own meaningless affairs by minding other people's business." - Eric Hoffer, _The True Believer_
Peter Principle on

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I haven't tried Cracked.com, but this happens to me on tons of sites.

Basically, the BlackBerry Browser sucks. At least, the BB Storm one does. I hate it.

I recommend installing Bolt Browser or Opera Mini. I prefer Bolt, personally. Note: I think it does route you through their server first or something and occasionally throws an ad at you (like, very rarely). Just wanted to warn you first in case that bothers you.

Out of curiosity, do you have a Storm?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Peter PrinciplePeter Principle Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    I haven't tried Cracked.com, but this happens to me on tons of sites.

Basically, the BlackBerry Browser sucks. At least, the BB Storm one does. I hate it.

I recommend installing Bolt Browser or Opera Mini. I prefer Bolt, personally. Note: I think it does route you through their server first or something and occasionally throws an ad at you (like, very rarely). Just wanted to warn you first in case that bothers you.

OK, I'll try an alt browser, see if that fixes things.
    Out of curiosity, do you have a Storm?

No, just the Curve.

Peter Principle on
    "A man is likely to mind his own business when it is worth minding. When it is not, he takes his mind off his own meaningless affairs by minding other people's business." - Eric Hoffer, _The True Believer_
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That actually happens to me on my HTC Incredible as well. It's their mobile site. If I go to the non mobile site the content will display.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391