As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MotW 10/13: I don't think your musical farts are going to help us.

MunchMunch Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in Graphic Violence
I'm just going to put this panel from Irredeemable #18 here, context-free.
33e5xkk.jpg

And here's two pages from Booster Gold #37, where the titular protagonist escaped from jail with the aid of Estrogina, leader of a gang of Zamaronian pirates, who look nothing like the Zamarons in Green Lantern. Maybe there's some basis for them looking like yellow humans, but Google didn't turn anything up.

Anyway, Estrogina ate Blue Beetle, who'd been turned into a chipmunk, and now intends to commit murder by Snoo Snoo on Booster Gold.
1zcmh6g.jpg

wmftkx.jpg

Munch on

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Thanos Imperative #5, oh emme gee:

ti5a.jpg

ti5b.jpg

And Knight & Squire #1 was a fun read, though a bit too British. Luckily for us awesome Americans, there was a cheat sheet for British-isms in the back! Wildcat makes an appearance too.

ks1a.jpg

ks1b.jpg

Thor Mighty Avenger was a good read as well, though not as funny as previous issues. Thor actually gets put in his place by Namor though, seems like Marvel, in this instance, is syncing up pouty broody Thor in his books.

Road Home: Batman & Robin, seems like an event that can be skipped over.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    True, the Road Home books this month
    are really just Bruce checking in on how everyone's been doing in his absence.

Road Home: Red Robin was pretty cool though
    just Bruce in his new high-tech suit helping Tim Drake be devious and fight a butt-load of assassins at the same time.

Ironically though, I really liked how Amazing Spider-Man turned out this issue. I normally don't even pick up anything Spider-Man related these days unless he's tied in with the Avengers, or it's Ultimate Spidey, but I actually like it when 616 continuity Spidey stops whining about his life and just goes around beating the crap out of bad guys.
    Spider-Man thinks that Lily's baby has been killed during this fiasco started by Doc Oc, so he's dishing out some hurtin' on literally every bad guy he can find in New York.

SMman.jpg
    SMan2.jpg
    SMan3.jpg
    Image6-1.jpg

You guys get the idea.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    holy shit that kicks ass

Antimatter on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    And Knight & Squire #1 was a fun read, though a bit too British. Luckily for us awesome Americans, there was a cheat sheet for British-isms in the back! Wildcat makes an appearance too.

For a second, I thought I was famous.

Munch, what is The Comedian doing in that first picture of yours?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That last page of TI#6 is fucking brilliant.

Karl on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Karl wrote: »
    That last page of TI#6 is fucking brilliant.

You mean number 5 right?

My MotW is all of Thor: TMA #5. Everything about it was brilliant, from the writing, art, character development, and action scenes.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Picked up Thor and the Warriors Four, upset it was in digest but that doesn't take away from how awesome this story was. Really really magnificent start to end.

cardboard delusions on
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Daken and Mystique played off each other really well in Daken #2.

KVW on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Was that a deliberate Ghostbusters reference at the end of Shadowland?

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    KVW wrote: »

So, what's Mystique up to now a days? I hear she can, like, grown an extra face and stuff.

Neurotika on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ForceVoid wrote: »

So, what's Mystique up to now a days? I hear she can, like, grown an extra face and stuff.

Uh...I dont get the reference. Shes involved in the whole Wolverine goes to Hell storyline.

KVW on
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ForceVoid wrote: »

Uh...I dont get the reference. Shes involved in the whole Wolverine goes to Hell storyline.

I was browsing that which consumes all free time and it mentioned:
    Mystique can do this with some effort, but usually doesn't because she still has organs and needs to remember where they are. Instead, for example, she'll shift most of the muscles of her upper body into her right arm just as she delivers a punch, thereby increasing its power. She's also been known to hide guns inside herself. At one point she even gave herself two heads and four arms to fight on two fronts at once.

Neurotika on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My MotW was coming across Back in Quack having never heard about it, and having the extra 4 bucks.

Was a lot better on the shelf, but the Man-Thing back up was ok.

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Just finished reading the Greg Pak written portion of Fall of the Hulks and I liked it enough although I think I should have waited to get the Loeb part just to make the story more coherent.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    GankGank Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My MotW was coming across Back in Quack having never heard about it, and having the extra 4 bucks.

Was a lot better on the shelf, but the Man-Thing back up was ok.

I really liked that not-so-Giant Sized Man Thing. Especially the doctor in it, so damn casual.

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I read Superior #1 this week and didn't hate it. I'm suspicious of Millar simply saving all the terrible up for later issues but credit where it is due, this issue was pretty good, and it sets things up nicely. It's a decent idea at least. Go on Millar, you can do it...

Solar on
  • Options
    manjimanji Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    knight and squire definately my motw. think it was specifically written to appeal to the english, calling on the spirit of viz magazine and hokey 80's superhero stuff like bananaman as it did.

also i managed to hunt down a copy of shadowland: ghost rider. so pretty...

not that it really belongs here, but i finished the final volume of shaman warrior last night. like hellsing it's made no sense since about halfway through and i've just continued to buy it out of habit. who any of the characters are or what their motivations were are lost in the mists...still, there was fighting, i suppose.

manji on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I wasn't reading comics again when it first came out, so apparently I'm catching the reprints years later?

Matt Fraction's Casanova. Got issues #2, 3, and 4. Only read 2 last night but I am loving how wonked it is.

casanova-cover.jpg

desc on
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    manji wrote: »
    knight and squire definately my motw. think it was specifically written to appeal to the english, calling on the spirit of viz magazine and hokey 80's superhero stuff like bananaman as it did.

also i managed to hunt down a copy of shadowland: ghost rider. so pretty...

not that it really belongs here, but i finished the final volume of shaman warrior last night. like hellsing it's made no sense since about halfway through and i've just continued to buy it out of habit. who any of the characters are or what their motivations were are lost in the mists...still, there was fighting, i suppose.

Is John Constantine in the book?

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think this is MotW material: Colleen Coover does Batman.

Munch on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh man, British Batman with John Constantine as a supporting player could be really fun.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    manjimanji Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    normally i tend to hold with keeping the DCU and vertigo stuff separate, i reckon cornell could work a good constantine cameo into knight and squire though if he kept it tongue in cheek

manji on
  • Options
    JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    desc wrote: »
    I wasn't reading comics again when it first came out, so apparently I'm catching the reprints years later?

Matt Fraction's Casanova. Got issues #2, 3, and 4. Only read 2 last night but I am loving how wonked it is.

casanova-cover.jpg

I love Gabriel Ba man. Took me a couple readings of the first trade to figure everything out which also suits me just fine.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    desc wrote: »

casanova-cover.jpg

I love Gabriel Ba man. Took me a couple readings of the first trade to figure everything out which also suits me just fine.

Yeah, so far it's bewildering in an awesome way.

... and now I discover that there's a collected hardbound volume which I should have bought rather than a few floppies. Dang.

desc on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    /snipped for new week

WiseManTobes on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Thats from this week though. You should make a new thread for 10/20 and post it in it.

KVW on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ya but I have thread anxiety , have made one to date and that took being doped up! rofl, if someone else starts one it can go there ( I did look!)

WiseManTobes on