As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CoX] Issue 20: Incarnates is live!

• Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    EU server list is being merged with the NA ones.

Lep on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    A duck! wrote: »
    Robziel wrote: »
    You guys could have said "hi"

Sorry, I was too busy reeling from the guy who kept going up and asking for combo attacks and dragons and vehicles and the ability to take the best powers from every set and whatever else he fucking asked for to talk to anyone.

Wait, we have combos, in Dual Blades, which no one plays.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What? Tons of people play dual blades.

Narbus on
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't see dual blades too often anymore, see a couple here and there.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I see them probably as often as everything else that isn't fire.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2011
    Corvus wrote: »
    A duck! wrote: »
    Robziel wrote: »
    You guys could have said "hi"

Sorry, I was too busy reeling from the guy who kept going up and asking for combo attacks and dragons and vehicles and the ability to take the best powers from every set and whatever else he fucking asked for to talk to anyone.

Wait, we have combos, in Dual Blades, which no one plays.

He meant them in a different way. He was thinking, and I quote, "You know, if you freeze some guy and then hit him with a fire attack it would do extra damage!"

A duck! on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2011
    THREE TIMES he got up

Tube on
  • Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Uh oh, another freespec means I need to get some more characters respec'ed quick.

My brute and energy/ice blaster mostly, but I only got twelve of my 26 characters out of fitness pool before I got tired of it all.

Have a dual balde/something scrapper. Don't play it much, think it is in the mid 30s.

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    My first (and to date, only) level 50 is a DB/WP scrapper. I think taking a 2-year hiatus has done wonders for my alt-itis, though, so I might actually manage to get a couple of other characters up to 50 before long.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I managed to get that energy/ice blaster and a dark melee/regen scrapper up to 50 then quit. Came back when epic archetypes were enabled and got a warshade to 50 and my illusion/kinetics controller to 42. Quit again. Re-subbed for CoV and got a ninja/regen stalker, energy/invuln brute, dark/dark corruptor and widow to 50 before I quit again. Another resub where I levelled a fire/kin to 50 and then another two year break up to today where the ill/kin hit 50.

Plus have a fire/dark corruptor at 43, fire/energy blaster at 40, and the current favorite the kinetics/wp scrapper at 46.

My wife and kids win the altitis award. They have every single server loaded with characters, including the free character slots that were given out. They have to go delete ones they don't like to start up a new concept. The other servers joining the list with give them 24(?) more slots of characters to play digital dress up.

grouch993 on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Assuming the thread title change is Gear's fault:

You could at least put in a fake announcement. gosh

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    With free Stamina maybe I can finally make a sword or axe or mace character and not become intolerably tired of it before 20. Yeah I'm thinking I'm coming back :P

Ledneh on
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Bastards!

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I actually think it would be cool if frozen targets took extra smashing damage or something. One of the best issues of any comic arc is the one where two random heroes get together and use their powers in some awesome, synergistic way. But CoX is kind of past the point where that's a reasonable design ask.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ringo wrote: »

It was already enough work changing the title.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    If anybody has the apocalyse triple or rech/acc kicking around, I have several purple recipes of roughly equivalent value I'd be willing to trade for it

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Is the inherent Stamina the same as of old numbers wise, or has it been toned down or set to scale with level or anything?

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    I was getting a "display driver has stopped working" message in various games but it was actually my chipset drivers that needed upgrading.

Tried updating all the drivers I got, and yeah. Crashes ahoy. Can't really justify dropping a few hundred dollars on a new graphics card for the one or two games I actually care enough to play, so then.

It's been fun.

Narbus on
  • Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You don't really need a multiple-hundred-dollar video card to play CoH of all things. Might not run Ultra Mode particularly awesomely but this will probably do fine for a lot less.

kafziel on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    Ringo wrote: »

It was already enough work changing the title.

Double click the row your thread sits on in the forum index, and you can edit the title right there without any fuss!

On a related note, I don't check on this thread often so I wasn't sure if the title was changed for April 1st or not and fuck yoooooooooooooooooooooou D:

Henroid on
  • Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Don't tell anyone...
    I was kind of hoping it was real.

Narbus, my new graphics card cost me $180.
    Granted, it's orange, but it lets me run in Ultra Mode.

WeX Majors on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    April Fuck you indeed.

Also, not being able to actually play the game has me delving into Mids proper and what a fantastic tool this is.

The more I play with it the more I learn...ahem...as with most things, I guess.

Did you know that with a Traps MM you can softcap pretty much all the positional defenses and all but one (psionic of course) of the typed?

So:
    AoE/Ranged/Melee - softcapped!
    Smashing/Lethal/Fire/Cold/Negative/Energy - softcapped!

Force Field Generator is pimp.

edit: geforce 9800 gts (laptop) is working for me just fine and I don't think those are very expensive at all.

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Damn Narbus that sucks :(

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Ugh I try to log in to my master accoun t to resubscribe, and it says my account is 'permanently blocked'. The fuck? Not even a reason?

God damnit NCSoft.

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    A ton of people had that problem, ask them. I know Scoot was one. It wasn't terribly hard to sort out.

Narbus on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Man I really wanted to get my hero on this weekend too :cry:

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    They are going to ask for a genealogy tree that dates back to Jesus so get that shit ready.

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It speeds it up if you have some of your cd keys in the support ticket.

Lep on
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Also the credit card that you originally subscribed with.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I know, and I have precisely none of those. It's been a damn long time and several ISPs since I bought it :(

Ledneh on
  • Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    There needs to be a good way to do overalls and a straw farmer's hat in the chargen. So I can put them over Praetorian Clockwork pieces with Neuron coloration, and call it the Prairie Home Companion

kafziel on
  • Options
    jmiketjmiket Orlando, FlRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hey guys,

WoW is for the birds (specifically birds that have more time than I do), so I’m trying to find a new make believe world to video game within. I’m actually checking out the trials of CoX and Guild Wars (go go NCSoft, I guess), both of which I’ve played before but never really gave a fair shake to.

I’ve been messing around on Virtue and so far am having a pretty good time, although I think I’ve spent more time making characters than playing them. I was just wondering how active PAers were in this game…

1. Is there a healthy hero and/or villain presence?

2. I know this game is good about allowing players to team up regardless of level differences… but does this happen often? I assume most of you guys are higher level. Are there a lot of opportunities for low level players to get in teams and beat up bad/good guys?

3. I’m not exactly sure why, but it’s always appealed to me playing underrepresented classes. I’ve gotten farthest so far with a brute, which I’m enjoying so far, but which heroes and villains are played the least?

Again, so far I’m having a blast, and it seems like CoX offers a lot of fun without demanding much time. At the same time, it seems there’s plenty to do if I do want to monster video game session. Love the storylines and whole vibe of everything so far.

Good times.

jmiket on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Heroes least played AT, for PAers at least, is probably defenders and for villains it would be stalkers. PA is fairly active, more so with an new issue coming out this week.

Lepwave on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    There's a very good reason those ATs are underrepresented, BTW.

Glal on
  • Options
    jmiketjmiket Orlando, FlRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ah, thanks guys for the info.

Let me ask the opposite question then... Are there any classes that are Overrepresented?

I'm digging my brute, but am afraid they're a dime a dozon. Corrupters and Masterminds sound interesting as well. Blasters seem pretty one dimensional, but could be fun.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

jmiket on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So far it has usually been, "play what makes you happy". We haven't had any failures running high end task forces, some interesting (aka severe beatings) missions.

Back to what makes you happy, it is going to depend on what type of play you like and then what you can build with the power choices.

There were quite a few people active for going rogue release. That dropped off some last month, but the last week or so the servers have been busy.

Oh, and once you hit 20 the alignment system is available to go rogue or vigilante and be able to visit red or blue side.

grouch993 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    No such thing as an over-represented AT in this game, grouch pretty much summed it up nicely. Just play what you feel is fun. Corruptors are damage dealers with buff/debuff as their secondaries, MMs aren't so much fun to me, blasters are pure damage dealers and are pretty fun to play.

Lepwave on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If you decide to roll a blueside AT I would recommend starting in Preatoria, if a redside one, both preatoria and the Rogue Isles have good starting content. Preatoria being newer is better overall though and gives you a very interesting entrance into the game.

Stalkers can be pretty cool but start kind of painfully and are also a terrible AT to solo with in Preatoria.

The ability to change alignments means there's always something going on somewhere, just need to pull people out of their pug or solo mindset.

Speaking of i20, anyone know how we get all that weird salvage for the new Incarnate stuff or have a link to somewhere that explains it?

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I believe the new salvage is only available via the new incarnate trials. You have a chance to get a common, uncommon, or rare at the end of BAF and Lambda. I'm sure someone is more informed than me, so they could probably explain it better then me.

Lepwave on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    You can also convert incarnate shards into incarnate threads (new basic incarnate building block) at a decent conversion rate once per day, or at a more exorbitant rate as many times per day as you like.

Incarnate threads will only actually drop in the new trials.

And yeah, I wouldn't play an underrepresented AT or powerset just because it's underrepresented. There are a lot of underpowered or under-useful powersets in CoX; if something's not being played that much, it's generally because it isn't very useful, not because the playerbase just doesn't like it for some reason.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
This discussion has been closed.