As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wii stuff and x-ray scanners

BullioBullio Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm flying for the 2nd time next week, and I'm taking a Wiimote with MotionPlus and some games with me. Would they be safe to pass through the x-ray scanner, or should I have them readily accessible to keep out of the scanner?

steam_sig.png
Bullio on

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Have them readily accessible. Electronics tend to get a closer look, and after the bomb scares last week, you don't want to look like you're hiding anything.

I just re-read that. Thought you were taking your Wii plus some stuff. A wiimote... yeah, I would still probably keep it near the top of your stuff. Couldn't hurt anything to have a hand check. But don't volunteer or request anything special! The x-ray scanner won't hurt your stuff in the least; what you want to do is avoid any extra security attention that will just drag out your trip.

chromdom on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    the wii has to be scanned in a separate container like a laptop. it is considered large electronic. keep it near the top so that when you get to the security checkpoint you can quickly put it in a bin.

the x-ray scanner is NOT going to damage your wii.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    rocketshipreadyrocketshipready Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I've flown with my Wii and PS3 multiple times. Just treat it and the accessories as you would a laptop like Dunadan019 says, and you'll be fine

rocketshipready on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Also, it's better if you have them in your possession as a carry-on. You don't want it to be damaged, do you?

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I would assume that the Wiimotes themselves would probably be considered small electronics, on line with cell phones and the like. I wouldn't try to walk through a scanner carrying one, but they should be fine for the X-ray scanner, just leave them in whatever bag you're carrying them in.

jothki on