Options

Call of Duty: Black Ops (BLOPS) Enemy New Thread, in your area

• Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    so... how do you actually use c4? im probably missing something ridiculously simple, but when i select c4 it just brings up the detonator and i cant seem to actually deploy any c4.

IIRC it's something like right bumper/R1 to throw and then right trigger/R2 to detonate. At least in MW2, you had to treat it as a grenade when throwing, then "shoot" to detonate.

mr_mich on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm decrypting, anyone want to do some training and learning bullshit in a little bit?

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    so... how do you actually use c4? im probably missing something ridiculously simple, but when i select c4 it just brings up the detonator and i cant seem to actually deploy any c4.

It's the left trigger. I had this problem as well.

Equipment seems so bulky this time around.

E: left trigger on 360. I imagine it's L1 on the PS3 - whatever the ADS button usually is.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    PriscaPrisca Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Also, just (finally) heard from GameServers. The server is activated, but I can't rcon it until I get home. It will be ready by 5:30 PM EST tonight.

Our first playlist, I think, will be TDM. Thoughts?

TDM sounds great, it'll give us plenty of time to get acquainted with the various maps and their layouts (time to find all the chokepoints and flanking positions!)

Although personally, I was never fond of Domination, it was so boring in CoD4 and MW2. Hopefully the playlist will eventually move on to Hardcore Search and Destroy

Prisca on
  • Options
    TheAngryDealerTheAngryDealer Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm so on the fence about buying this (for 360). Modern Warfare 2 did me so wrong I don't know if I can trust another CoD game...... should I suck it up and buy this?

TheAngryDealer on
  • Options
    JameswaysJamesways Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You guys don't start with Hardcore?

Jamesways on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Willeth wrote: »

It's the left trigger. I had this problem as well.

Equipment seems so bulky this time around.

E: left trigger on 360. I imagine it's L1 on the PS3 - whatever the ADS button usually is.

word. its sad they screwed with it from MW2, it was pretty much perfect there. whatever, im still gonna blow up dudes trying to steal my points. get your own points motherfucker that one is mine.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    DrDreidelDrDreidel Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    "Package delivered to your door."

Great, now I have to work an entire day know it's sitting there and taunting me. Also, sorry I'm late for the HYPE BUS MOBILE...can I just put on some roller blades and grab onto the bumper like in that Sega game Skitchin'?

DrDreidel on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    also ice cube yelling at me about care packages and stuff is never not awesome. never. not. awesome.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hardcore was miserable in MW2. Everything killed in one shot so everyone just used ACRs

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Man, I hope they fix these crazy performance issues fast. Game should be unplayable... yet I am still playing it D:

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Awsome, the LMGs still feel meaty this time round. The only thing I'm missing is the unlock system, I liked having to get kills with the gun before aquiring the challenges to unlock the attachments. Completing each gun and getting the Mastery Challenge before moving to the next one gave a nice sense of progression in the game.

Oh, and having 4 of 5 unlocks for one of the LMGs (not sure of the rest) being scopes is boring.

Edit: I take it you get a title/emblem for unlocking all attachments or something with a gun right?

Blurbl on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hardcore was miserable in MW2. Everything killed in one shot so everyone just used ACRs

Yeah, this. I don't want to play Rainbow 6. I want to play BLOPS.

That doesn't mean we can't try it one day.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    JameswaysJamesways Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I couldn't take the std mode, a full clip of most guns to kill people? Good lord.

Jamesways on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Anyone else on the PC having the game take forever at "Fetching Stats" ?

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

apparently the server is down or something

methinks they have a quick hotfix or something upcoming for the many people having issues/lag

oh well

time to play some more singleplayer!

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Multiplayer is broken.

It'll be a few days of them making excuses of "UNPRECEDENTED DEMAND" before they fix the damned thing.

Hoz on
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Yup.... it was running fine for a few games, but now it just gets stuck on "Fetching Stats" or "Connecting"

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    vallavvallav Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sigh, at least the game is keeping with the CoD tradition I grew up to learn to love, and hate. What with it being super awesome when it actually works, and being oh so frustrating when it fucking doesnt.

It's been trying to "fetch" my stats, and connect for like 15 minutes now, I dont know who to rage at, treyarch, steam, myself... uuugh

Edit; I take a little consolation that I'm not alone. :P

vallav on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just finished installing, could anyone invite Me to the steam group?

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Laaaame. First time trying to get online, finally gets past decrying and shit...then I can't play! Still.

Hype hype hype?

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    BergyBergy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    is it even possible to snipe in this game

i have seen 1 map out of 15 or so games where there are any good vantage points

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    I've been trying to reach you, but your extension cord doesn't reach that far.
  • Options
    OhioOhio Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Can anyone tell me if there is a TDM Express playlist?

Ohio on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hoz wrote: »
    Multiplayer is broken.

It'll be a few days of them making excuses of "UNPRECEDENTED DEMAND" before they fix the damned thing.

If I hear them use "unprecedented demand" as an excuse for server lag, I'm going to laugh at them just like I laughed when it was used during the first week that Reach was out.

How can you possibly have "unprecedented demand" for this when the previous game in the series was the biggest game launch of all-time?

Seriously

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You know what version has had pretty decent multiplayer for me all day?

The Wii version!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4psHeMJDzM

Not my video because I suck at it. Looks surprisingly good compared to the last few CoD Wii games, but plays about as well as Reflex did.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    man gun game is the most fun of all things. gun game on nuketown...holy shit it takes me back to the olden days. now we just need reverse gun game as a playlist sometime down the road.

also i made myself a fruity emblem, so i guess im done leveling up and now i can just spend forever playing GG 8-)

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    while im here, has anyone noticed if scavenger refills your c4 this go around?

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I actually like the emblem creator. Mine is the eagle with the open circle for a body, with a squad of Blackbirds flying through it.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    gastr0cnemesisgastr0cnemesis Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Looks like most people in the team matches I've played in so far don't want to participate in team shit. "Look at the cool RC toy! Who cares about the bomb being planted?"

gastr0cnemesis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BraincowBraincow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    HYPE HYPE HYPE. Coincidentally, I just got sick, so I won't be going into work today...

Braincow on
    Brainchow.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    isnt it funny how that worked out? i bet a lot of employers are noticing a rash of sudden illness today. 24 hour codblops flu.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    A couple of gripes:
    • The 45 second wait period at the end of a match just makes people up and leave rather than just wait. Not to mention of the abundance of just plain " I will leave because I did not enter into a full game with 5 seconds left to go ".
    • The Ballistic Knife. Blew 1500 blops dollars on it and either it sucks or I just need practice with it.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    isnt it funny how that worked out? i bet a lot of employers are noticing a rash of sudden illness today. 24 hour codblops flu.

Waay back when the original XBOX and Gamecube launched I legitimately got sick the week after and didn't come in for the next two days.

People accused me of staying home and playing video games when the truth is I couldn't get out of bed for anything more complicated then going to the bathroom or eating.

I had weird fever dreams about Rogue Squadron the entire time though.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

"*cough cough* I've got BLOPS lung, sir! *cough*"

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    • The Ballistic Knife. Blew 1500 blops dollars on it and either it sucks or I just need practice with it.

this is the final weapon in GG, and man. its fun but its either terrible or im terrible. probably a little of both. i wouldnt pay hard earned codbux for it though. getting a kill with it is pretty fuckin satisfying though.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am seriously, seriously going to miss my riot-shield/scav/throwing-knife class.
    It makes me so sad.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    codbux are really easy to come by so im just splurging on unlocking stuff that looks cool

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    at first i was worried about having enough codbux but then i remembered that i used like 3 guns ever in MW2 and that i was sitting on like 120000 codbux so i said fuck it and started buying whatever.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    DrDreidelDrDreidel Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hey everyone: damage profiles for all weapons are out.
    weapona.png

source: http://denkirson.xanga.com/735016527/black-ops/

DrDreidel on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Jaunty wrote: »
    I am seriously, seriously going to miss my riot-shield/scav/throwing-knife class.
    It makes me so sad.

If our specops time has taught us anything, I'm all the shield you need.

DietarySupplement on